Opinion I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you and others actually thought this through? Dixon kicks one of those missed shots and we're playing tomorrow against a depleted gws.

Now we're happy for Ken to leave/ is shown the door?........ then what?

We appoint someone untried or Brett Ratten (this is pretty much who's available).

Surely we hold Ken to his current contract and resume (or not) extension talks mid next year when things are a lot clearer.
Poor skills, a shambolic forward structure, numerous players who go to water in key moments. These are issues which have been evident for most of Hinkley's tenure, but do go on about how we all only want Hinkley sacked because Dixon was inaccurate last weekend :rolleyes:

PAFC statement
PORT ADELAIDE is aware Gold Coast Suns chief executive Mark Evans placed a speculative phone call to Ken Hinkley’s manager Peter Blucher regarding Hinkley’s coaching future.
Port Adelaide has advised the Gold Coast Suns that Hinkley is under contract until the end of 2018 and is not on the market.
The club is still conducting its 2017 season review following Saturday night’s elimination final loss to West Coast.
Port Adelaide will resume contract discussions with Hinkley and his manager on completion of the review.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-09-15/pafc-statement-

As I have said before .. Ken will be at Port next year ............
yeah, and buddy was going to the swans for sure. anyways, it's Ken's choice if he's taking the job. not the ports (AFL or suns would pay out the contract)

Let's get something clear, the club cannot stop Hinkley from leaving. ...
Not completely correct, Ports could possibly get a court to enforce specific performance, meaning he'd have to see out his contract, or they could possibly get an injunction which prevents him from working for Gold Coast seeing as Gold Coast have induced him to breach his contract with Ports.

Maybe the club could get Max Basheer out of retirement as this would be right up his alley.

If Mark Evans (read AFL) ultimately wants it to happen it will and it will be a case of stuff Port Adelaide and we will be "compensated" accordingly and the spin will make you dizzy.

Dont underestimate how much the AFL want Qld to succeed and it's not Eddie or the bombers in their way.

I feel he will stay but reckon there is a lot happening behind the scenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not fussed if Hinkley stays or goes.

But I will be ropeable if Port give him a contract extension based upon Gold Coast sniffing around.

If we fall for that then we only have ourselves to blame if it turns to s**t in the next few years. It will be another Choco situation.

Not completely correct, Ports could possibly get a court to enforce specific performance, meaning he'd have to see out his contract, or they could possibly get an injunction which prevents him from working for Gold Coast seeing as Gold Coast have induced him to breach his contract with Ports.

Maybe the club could get Max Basheer out of retirement as this would be right up his alley.
Restraint of trade is basically impossible to enforce, regardless what the contract says. Unless Port can match exactly what GC is offering a judge will never get in the way of someone earning a wage. And of course, noone wants to keep in their organisations a disgruntled employee hence why it hardly gets prosecuted.

Restraint of trade is basically impossible to enforce, regardless what the contract says. Unless Port can match exactly what GC is offering a judge will never get in the way of someone earning a wage. And of course, noone wants to keep in their organisations a disgruntled employee hence why it hardly gets prosecuted.
Why is this a trade practices issue rather than an employment issue.

Hinkley bangs on about it's the small things in footy, and it is this small things that have gone without improvement in his time.

All good to win the contested footy and have a tight defence, but we still can't put the red or yellow thing between the tall white things, or take two metres off a kick so it lands at someone's chest, not on their head.

Sent from mTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back