Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, unless it's somebody really impressing in another field.

I also wonder if AFL clubs ever produce business cases to justify investments like huge new training facilities and if they do, do the members get to see it. I don't remember it for the True Value Solar Centre, but I was out of the country at the time and not paying a lot of attention.

Dingley is a risky move, AFLW is diversifying core business and is the obvious priority for AFL clubs.

Is the board at Hawthorn unanimously comfortable with the existing revenue streams, dominated by pokies?

They're actually quite big organisations when you think about it, but AFL football should be core business, so I'm not sure why people are deriding an AFLW application. My understanding is that Waverley Park is essentially free but Dingley will be a big capital outlay and doesn't have a lot of potential for returns.

Essendon got Federal-related Paralympic funding for Tullamarine. How much time the Paralympians get to actually use the facility, is another matter. I also suspect David Evans paid off Tulla to help get his door back in the club after his "AOD Project" with James and Dank.

Oh and essendon have Pokies revenue too from Melton. Glass Stones and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon got Federal-related Paralympic funding for Tullamarine. How much time the Paralympians get to actually use the facility, is another matter.

You're kidding... The Paralympic committee has the whole bottom floor. It has fantastic, permanently staffed facilities out there, and gets to use the wider facility whenever it wants so long as it doesn't conflict with the football department.

I also suspect David Evans paid off Tulla to help get his door back in the club after his "AOD Project" with James and Dank.

* me dead. Do you also suspect that fluffy unicorns are kept in the paddock out the back?

No, Evans has NOT paid off the facility. So your suspicion was based on what exactly, your wet dreams?

Oh and essendon have Pokies revenue too from Melton. Glass Stones and all that.

We have poker machine revenue from multiple sites.

We also have a stated intent to reduce our reliance on that revenue, which is part of the plans for expansion at the TVSC.

Just... just don't post. Bloody hell.

If it takes five months to recruit the wrong person, the people in charge of recruiting have some questions to answer.

The AGM should be a real hootenanny.

If it takes five months to recruit the wrong person, the people in charge of recruiting have some questions to answer.

Is your membership normally prone to challenging its Board (ie. asking questions of)?

This was ultimately one thing that cost Essendon - it's fanbase was so used to not bothering to question the club our heirarchy became lazy and aloof.

This isn't a gender issue. But what happens when you hire someone outside of football to do a job inside of football. The same problem with Hawthorn's CEO is the exact same problem the AFL have with their CEO. I am a farmer. I don't go and expect to be appointed as a judge, a CEO, or a Doctor. If I did - I would do a terrible job. I would do as bad a job as Gil is doing running the AFL. In fact, and perish the thought, but I could even do a worse a job (if that is possible).

Id love a campbell brown lead board challenge.

The richmondfication of hawthorn will be complete!!

Is your membership normally prone to challenging its Board (ie. asking questions of)?

This was ultimately one thing that cost Essendon - it's fanbase was so used to not bothering to question the club our heirarchy became lazy and aloof.

Successful on and off the field with a stable board. There haven't been many questions to ask recently.

A few more questions now, for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back