Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to get this thread back on track (yeah, right), if Essendon are only going to have weaker picks, is there a player that could be involved? Are there any middle-ranking Essendon players that the Doggies would be interested in.

High second rounder + decent best 22 player might be a good compromise to get it done.

Trying to get this thread back on track (yeah, right), if Essendon are only going to have weaker picks, is there a player that could be involved? Are there any middle-ranking Essendon players that the Doggies would be interested in.

High second rounder + decent best 22 player might be a good compromise to get it done.

Premiership player Craig bird would be a fair replacement for premiership player jake stringer IMO

There is no question that if the Dogs had their time over they would've handled this differently, no one is disputing that. They would regret a lot as they've lost quite a bit of bargaining power but that's fine.

No doubt a deal will be struck and both parties will be happy at the end.

That's not a quote m8. That is what is called an unattributed source (Caro has a lot of these)

My understanding is that the Bombers have got a GWS pick in the second rd next yr, doubt the Afl will have a problem. They've let worse slide....m8
Having a GWS future second is irrelevant m8, that completely contradicts what it says above. I can explain it a little slower if you need m8.

Have you actually asked Stringer about this whole "staying" thing? Considering he apparently won't even take Bevo's calls, are the Dogs prepared to risk forcing a bloke who doesn't want to be there to attempt to play football at a reasonable level for the next 12 months, before this happens all over again?

No, I haven't.

I don't actually know the bloke just like 99% of us here.

I also don't buy into media spin and consider rumours as fact. Maybe i should though; I'd get a job as a footy journo for sure.

Have you actually asked Stringer about this whole "staying" thing? Considering he apparently won't even take Bevo's calls, are the Dogs prepared to risk forcing a bloke who doesn't want to be there to attempt to play football at a reasonable level for the next 12 months, before this happens all over again next year?
Has anyone outside of the Essendon board on BF actually said that?

I applaud your in-vain effort to keep this thread on the rails.
Enjoy it for what it is. Banter and people who like screaming matches over the internet.

In regards to a player the Dogs would want that Essendon would give up can't really see anything happening there.
There are players that were in Essendon's best 22 this year that they could would move on like Colyer, Myers, etc but they would command very little in a trade and are of no use to the Dogs. Laverde and Langford have been fringe 22 and thus again wouldn't command much and Essendon don't have a lot of big bodied mids (yes these players have played forward but are being developed to move into midfield rightly or wrongly) so Essendon will probably want to hold them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you actually asked Stringer about this whole "staying" thing? Considering he apparently won't even take Bevo's calls, are the Dogs prepared to risk forcing a bloke who doesn't want to be there to attempt to play football at a reasonable level for the next 12 months, before this happens all over again next year?

Have you asked him also if he will refuse to come back next year? Nobody knows pal.

Sounds like the Dogs are the only ones in the football world who think they can convince Stringer to stay. Good luck to 'em.
well, they don't have to. he has to rock up next season to the Dogs if no trade occurs

Big question for them is what's worse?
Keeping him when they think his presence is not good for the team (Which isn't going to be any better after the last couple of weeks)
or
Losing him for less than they would like.

Ball is in their court in terms of what they do.

Learn the rules m8, our 2018 first cant be traded unfortunately.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.
Sorry, but this is rubbish. The AFL clarified the rules last year after the whole Hawthorn switching second rounders after trading out their first. If you're fundamentally in the same position, its ok. We've switched a 2018 third for a second, our 2018 draft hand is stronger. There would be no issues trading out our 2018 first. Even if its considered an issue, the Bulldogs giving us their 2018 third rounder fixes the problem, just like it did with Hawthorn.

That said, Bulldogs would probably have to hand us something back (I think a 2018 second, and we give up something?) for this to work.

I personally think the final outcome of this trade will either be based on:

Our Rd 1 2018 for Stringer and their Round 2 2018 (with some exchanges of picks)

Or

Some combination of 2 second rounders either traded directly to WB or turned into another pick which is traded directly to WB.

Its possible it won't happen at all - but I doubt WB will hold their position until the end unless they can have some fruitful discussions with Stringer that give them confidence.

Sorry, but this is rubbish. The AFL clarified the rules last year after the whole Hawthorn switching second rounders after trading out their first. If you're fundamentally in the same position, its ok. We've switched a 2018 third for a second, our 2018 draft hand is stronger. There would be no issues trading out our 2018 first. Even if its considered an issue, the Bulldogs giving us their 2018 third rounder fixes the problem, just like it did with Hawthorn.

That said, Bulldogs would probably have to hand us something back (I think a 2018 second, and we give up something?) for this to work.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/e5b34107a511d81bcae89b09cf81669e

No, it's not rubbish.

well, they don't have to. he has to rock up next season to the Dogs if no trade occurs

Big question for them is what's worse?
Keeping him when they think his presence is not good for the team (Which isn't going to be any better after the last couple of weeks)
or
Losing him for less than they would like.

Ball is in their court in terms of what they do.

The funniest part is when Doggies fan claim "He'll come back better and be happy to be back"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back