Review Geelong defeats St Kilda by 47 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

No tackles from Tuohy or Zuthrie? Defenders? And we're worried about *Menzel* not tackling?

Exactly!!!

No, sorry, Stewart no tackles + Zuthrie had one tackle. Our backs left all the tackling to Henry ;)

Well, 'they're' worried about Menzel not tackling

q0Mx7.gif

Tackles.png

That is one of Tomahawk's greatest qualities, an unselfish player, a team player, who sacrifices his game for the good of the team! I really like him playing up the ground.

Exactly. He’s a total team player; often to his own detriment. I’ve really like his year so far. the goals will come at some point soon.

Its the Geelong thing, too many people just content with a game at KP and couldn't care whether we win or not as long as there is a game next week or thereabouts.
Awful when we could really make it own ground and really scary
Also that when we play in Melbourne, it's either under the roof - a far noisier atmosphere - or in front of a big crowd at the G.

Yeah, feel sorry for Tommy - he's busting his gut for not much return. Noticed Selwood after the game almost apologizing to him for what he's going through.

Hopefully his luck turns - you can't knock all that effort.
He needs to be more like Ben Brown at North. The game has changed or the game plan doesnt suit him. He needs to get on his bike and be more mobile. Bieng at CHF would give him more confidence

Exactly. He’s a total team player; often to his own detriment. I’ve really like his year so far. the goals will come at some point soon.

Yes DM, Tomahawk is playing his role + also yes, would love him to kick some goals. Love him to bits. But what does he have to do to get a free kick? One of the umpires even purposefully ignored a free today, blatantly looked away! Some say he whinges too much to the umpires, but there are much worse whingers, who chuck tantrums too!

Hell get a bag soon...hes working his arse off. I really noticed his work rate and discipline today
He was the quiet achiever today, terrific effort + agree - work rate + discipline.

Fifteen players laid less than four tackles today. Three other players laid one tackle like Menzel. Tuohy + Stewart laid zero tackles.

Let's agree to disagree? Not every player is 100% perfect. Tomahawk isn't kicking goals atm, is the same scrutiny imposed upon him? No, because his efforts are elsewhere. I'm happy with all that Menzel offers atm :)

Not a real good environment for tackling in open space either. Very slippery.

Those around the ball rack up the tackle stats, but usually those around the ground are a lot lower.

I'm amazed he kept it together. Seriously, no other forward I've seen (and I watch a lot of footy) gets mugged as much as Hawkins

I'm so glad you said that German! Yet he gets left like a lamb to the wolves by the umpires! Can you imagine the Riewoldts, Buddy etc putting up with the crap Tomahawk is subjected too? **** I'd be punching the players + the umpires - not their jumpers!

Also that when we play in Melbourne, it's either under the roof - a far noisier atmosphere - or in front of a big crowd at the G.
Nah, its the Geelong locals too comfortable at their ground. I would bet that not many of the locals who regularly go to KP and have seats there every year don't go to Melbourne games.

Its the Geelong thing, too many people just content with a game at KP and couldn't care whether we win or not as long as there is a game next week or thereabouts.
Awful when we could really make it own ground and really scary
Bit hard when the average age of those sitting in the outer is about 109, and spend the day knitting blankets not watching the footy.
We need to cull out the oldies....perhaps its time for an age restriction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not have the bullet passing ability or even come close to being as good as him, but geez Parfitt reminds me of Sam Mitchell. Both little or no leg speed but just play the game at a different pace to everyone around them. Let's hope he turns out half as good or better.
Mitchell but without the mongrel.

Not a real good environment for tackling in open space either. Very slippery.

Those around the ball rack up the tackle stats, but usually those around the ground are a lot lower.

Yes, exactly. But it was merely an exercise in comparing other players low tackles, who would normally tackle, to Menzel's one tackle, if that makes sense.

Thankfully a decent win, although I was disappointed by the disposal skills for much of the game. We were lucky we weren't playing a side in form at the moment.

Loved Parfitt's game, and Menegola's and Stewart's, although Stewart didn't have an opponent for much of it. Great to see the players get it done without relying on Dangerfield or Selwood, both of whom seemed a bit flat today apart from inspired little patches.

Next week is a tough assignment, and I hope we have a better game disposal-accuracy wise, otherwise things could get very ugly.

It's been happening since the mid-90s :(

Remember when someone at Geelong said the WCE crowd were terrific + he wished Geelong supporters were so vocal - not Scotty? Was it Hocking? ???

I was all :eek::eek::eek: remembering the WCE -v- Collingwood game where WCE fans were throwing food at the Pies' cheersquad + one of the Pies' cheersquad members was booted + made the front page the next day! Hilarious!

The most vocal I can remember Geelong supporters being was the 'Geelong' chant at the 2011 GF! It was electrifying + we were all totally engaged! Best atmosphere at the G I've ever experienced!

Bit hard when the average age of those sitting in the outer is about 109, and spend the day knitting blankets not watching the footy.
We need to cull out the oldies....perhaps its time for an age restriction
Age has nought to do with it just too comfortable with the home ground thing sitting in the seats that their relatives did

I blame the knitting ....

Hahahahaha!!! Gold!

It takes a lot of concentration to:
Row 1 (RS): P2, *k4, p2, repeat from * across row
Row 2 (WS): K2, *p4, k2, repeat from * across row
Row 3 (Cable or turning row): P2, *Slip first 2 stitches purlwise to cable needle and place in back of work. Knit 2 stitches from left needle.

All that counting! + you want them to cheer too? :p

Remember when someone at Geelong said the WCE crowd were terrific + he wished Geelong supporters were so vocal - not Scotty? Was it Hocking? ???

I was all :eek::eek::eek: remembering the WCE -v- Collingwood game where WCE fans were throwing food at the Pies' cheersquad + one of the Pies' cheersquad members was booted + made the front page the next day! Hilarious!

The most vocal I can remember Geelong supporters being was the 'Geelong' chant at the 2011 GF! It was electrifying + we were all totally engaged! Best atmosphere at the G I've ever experienced

I was very lucky to be there at the game and it was more of a payback and a sly dig at the ferals for their chants over the last two years when they were winning games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back