Autopsy Geelong loses to Dons by 34 points at MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

755c57c3569b74a2703e9bf6341a5b92.jpg

In all seriousness, Hawkins must be dropped for that effort. From the missed snap at the start of the match (with the obligatory thigh slap as he misses another gimme.....) to the effort in the third when he just jogged around the forward 50 after another half arsed effort while the bombers ran in waves around him.

I havent even mentioned every one-on-one effort he lost, didnt even bring balls to the ground to a dangerous area!!!!! I will admit that I turned the game off in the third (if players like Hawkins clearly dont care, why should I?), and he got some junk time goals, but who really cares????

Funny game this AFL. If you're not focused, you can really pay for it. A lot of it is played above the shoulders. You guys were the better team on paper, but they wanted it just a bit more. I hope you don't take it out on us next week.:mad:

In all seriousness, Hawkins must be dropped for that effort. From the missed snap at the start of the match (with the obligatory thigh slap as he misses another gimme.....) to the effort in the third when he just jogged around the forward 50 after another half arsed effort while the bombers ran in waves around him.

I havent even mentioned every one-on-one effort he lost, didnt even bring balls to the ground to a dangerous area!!!!! I will admit that I turned the game off in the third (if players like Hawkins clearly dont care, why should I?), and he got some junk time goals, but who really cares????
Lol. Hawkins would be in our votes.

Exactly my points. JUNK time goals like usual
We need players who perform in the heat of the game if not forget it.
Look at todays game and see who played s**t when we needed them. Get rid of the shitiest and there are quite a few

time to rebuild

taylor and ablett are cooked

dangerfield and blicavs the clanger kings under pressure

not playing a second ruck again messes up our structure

gameplan doesnt hold up
This is your time to shine!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very typical for geelong to ignore what has worked for other teams against essendon and let their best players run free. Would like to single out the midfield as it all starts there, especially with the senior players there, but it was just bad all around, can't single out anyone as worse than someone else imo, crumbled under pressure.

Not the end of the world it's just a snapshot of our finals game and Essendon managed to bring finals intensity.

Thought 2E was good. His marking and kicking the best it's been all year.
Kolo and Danger were good at times.
Tommy tried hard most of the game.

Don't get the point of Thurlow. In for his kicking but doesn't really use it.
Taylor in has just made us too tall again.
Smith no better than Stanley. Possibly worse.
Our midfield collectively were outworked and were just terrible under pressure.
Our small forwards in Gregson and Parsons not only not offer anything offensively but nothing defensively either.

Bad day against a team in crisis. It seems like the cats always seem to play the same week against a team in crisis.

Bounce and umpiring pretty much all going the way of the bombers...which could really be attributed to their superior work ethic. It’s still hard to understand the poor effort today when they should have expected the bombers to bounce back.

As I said, didnt watch the last quarter.....but what happened in the last is irrelevant.

If we view the match when it was actually a match, he was a disgrace!
Barely kicked the ball near him in the first half.

It's when the pressure goes up we have players that just aren't desperate or frantic

Gregson, Ablett, Zac Smith, Kolo, Thurlow, Duncan, Menegola, Kelly, Blitz, Hawkins, Taylor, GHS don't ever want to seem to get down and dirty. Ever. All have strengths but their biggest weakness is intensity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back