D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ladder finishes the way it is at the end of Round 18, then the fixtures for the first week of the finals would be like this:

1st Semi Final @ Casey Fields:

11:30am Division 1 Reserves- West Brunswick v Therry Penola
2:10pm Division 1 Seniors- Therry Penola v Prahan Assumption

2nd Semi Final @ Trevor Barker Oval:

11:30am Division 1 Reserves- Ormond v Hampton Rovers
2:10pm Division 1 Seniors-Hampton Rovers v Ormond

If the ladder finishes the way it is at the end of Round 18, then the fixtures for the first week of the finals would be like this:

Casey Fields will not be used for D1 finals involving teams other side of the yarra

That sounds like several windswept games!

More likely to play those 1st semi finals at Bill Lawry Oval.

How big is next week's game between Ormond and Hampton Rovers?

Huge-and here's the reason why.

The minor premiership is up for grabs in both Reserves and Seniors games, and also seeing that both teams meet again in the second semifinal, a win would be a hug psychological boost heading into the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The minor premiership is up for grabs in both Reserves and Seniors games, and also seeing that both teams meet again in the second semifinal, a win would be a hug psychological boost heading into the finals.

Also, Oakleigh must beat Therry to hold onto fourth and then the two sides would meet again in an elimination final.

I would think a few sore players would be rested. Ormond played with 16 most of the last quarter , still can't believe NOBS didn't kick a goal. Once again no Goal or Boundary umps , where are they , probably doing woman's finals .

I would think a few sore players would be rested. Ormond played with 16 most of the last quarter , still can't believe NOBS didn't kick a goal. Once again no Goal or Boundary umps , where are they , probably doing woman's finals .

Something worth drawing attention to when you complete the comprehensive survey the VAFA is undertaking, Bedders.

Women’s Finals were on Sunday. Find something else to blame.

Rovers have the senior minor premiership sewn up. They are 1 game + about 45% clear of Ormond - So the game has very minor repercussions. Ormond can't lose 2nd spot either, so they may as well both field their 3rds & save it for the 2nd semi the week after

Women’s Finals were on Sunday. Find something else to blame.
Touched a nerve did it coach?:)

Not sure whether Bedford's remark has any legs but somehow think the average flag waver is capable of doing a game on two consecutive days in any event. Even a largish, out of condition, hireshute flag waver of by-gone days could do that and be graded above not embarrassing.;)

The SFL flag wavers do two matches a day - some three - week-in-week-out.

The VAFA affiliation fees are not cheap and the last time I looked at an Annual Report over 60% of the VAFA revenue went into umpiring. So I reckon it's reasonable for all divisions to expect to get a set of umpires for their seniors at least for the majority of games.

I hope all the punters get hold of the VAFA's online survey in order to provide feedback. The VAFA movers-n-shakers should be congratulated on that initiative.

Touched a nerve did it coach?:)

Not sure whether Bedford's remark has any legs but somehow think the average flag waver is capable of doing a game on two consecutive days in any event. Even a largish, out of condition, hireshute flag waver of by-gone days could do that and be graded above not embarrassing.;)

The SFL flag wavers do two matches a day - some three - week-in-week-out.

The VAFA affiliation fees are not cheap and the last time I looked at an Annual Report over 60% of the VAFA revenue went into umpiring. So I reckon it's reasonable for all divisions to expect to get a set of umpires for their seniors at least for the majority of games.

I hope all the punters get hold of the VAFA's online survey in order to provide feedback. The VAFA movers-n-shakers should be congratulated on that initiative.
Nerves are all shot.

Just clarifying that all Women's finals from Preliminary Finals onwards are on a Sunday, so this should not be a reason for there being a lack of Umpires on a Saturday.

Maybe its more to do with what the weather that was predicted.

Max "Taught Alastair Clarkson everything he knew when he attended Kaniva Consolidated Primary School" Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back