Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber posters keep ignoring the mathematics

- two first rounders for Shiel

Actually it was two first rounders for Shiel and a second rounder. If you assume the same finishing position, the total points value paid for Shiel was 2192, or pick 4.

A high price no doubt, but we get a proven elite midfielder in return.

- what we paid for Wingard

Making the same assumption as the above, the value traded for Wingard was 1473 points, or pick 9, PLUS Ryan Burton.

The difference? 719 points, pick 27.

So which is it? You valued Burton at higher then pick 27, in which case you paid more for Wingard than Essendon did for Shiel, or you valued him less than that, in which case any argument ever put forward for Burton winning the Rising Star was a joke.

Hawthorn paid a staggering price for Wingard.

- we could never have got Wingard if we overpaid for Shiel

No, you couldn't. So why did you wait for Shiel to select Essendon before committing to Wingard?

Literally the day AFTER Shiel told Hawthorn he wasn't going to them, you committed to Wingard. Quite clearly, given the choice Hawthorn would have taken Shiel.

Why can’t youse reason this out? It’s a no-brainer. Wingard > Shiel.

Best get on to your club then, their own actions tell you they valued Shiel higher.

I need some logic in this thread

Great, 'coz I love logic.

As of September 4th, Hawthorn were still pursuing Tom Lynch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/5f6cb6cb60ebb3856de34a2350c5922f

The industry-wide views is that Lynch, who’s told Gold Coast of his intention to exercise his free agency rights, will join the Tigers for the 2019 season — a move many expect to be confirmed once the Tigers; 2018 campaign is over.

But journalist Damian Barrett said Clarkson is “refusing to concede” Lynch has chosen the Tigers.

Quite literally the next day, news filters out that Lynch has chosen Richmond. Hawthorn, rejected.

Now, around about the same time Hawthorn was being told to piss off by Lynch, little Chad Wingard was being shopped around with his management supposedly asking for ~a mil a year to get him.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Reports-Chad-Wingard-s-Management-Have-Named-Their-Price

The Australian understands that his management has placed a value of $5m over five years on his head

Apparently though, clubs don't like self-obsessed little flogs, and less than a month later, Wingard had to go back to Port, tail between legs because no one was willing to pay him the laughable sum of cash he was asking for:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/34558de87263cbe5b1b883796aaaf917

The report suggests Wingard failed to attract any offers that matched his desired $1 million-per-season wage demands.

But I digress. Dylan Shiel, who represented the most high profile trade target of the year (along with Lynch who was the highest profile free agent), is involved in discussions with four clubs (Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Carlton and Essendon) to secure his services for the 2019 season ahead of his free agency eligibility the year after. Apparently salary cap pressures at GWS mean they need to lose some cash.

After meeting with all four clubs, Shiel nominates Essendon on the 9th October.

His manager, Paul Connors, reports that Shiel himself contacted the three clubs he would NOT be joining to tell them of his decision:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/essend...ated-essendon-as-preferred-club-ng-b88985579z

Shiel’s manager Paul Connors told Trade Radio his client had personally rang representatives at St Kilda, Carlton and Hawthorn to inform them of his preference to join Essendon over them.

Hawthorn rejected, again.

The next day (totally coincidentally of course), Chad Wingard nominates Hawthorn.

Incidentally, Shiel nominating Essendon had another flow on effect. Tom Scully, who preferred Essendon to Hawthorn, knows that they Bombers will no longer have the salary cap space to accomodate him with the successful pursuit of Shiel, and changes to his second choice, Hawthorn.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/dab0bb4618660ff525a6486c40d01901

“My understanding is that he originally wanted to go to Essendon — at least that was his strong preference at the start. Then Dylan Shiel, looks like he’s going to go to Essendon, so he said ‘I’d like to go to Hawthorn’,” Morris told Fox Footy’s The Trade Lowdown.

Hawthorn, the 3am fatty after the hottie has gone home with the alpha male.

So let me summarise the facts for you:

- Tom Lynch rejected Hawthorn in favour of Richmond
- Dylan Shiel rejected Hawthorn in favour Essendon
- Chad Wingard scoffed at by the industry for his pay demands
- Hawthorn waited until after Shiel refused them to commit to Wingard
- Hawthorn paid a cost for Wingard greater than Essendon paid for Shiel
- Tom Scully went to his second choice, Hawthorn, after Essendon tied up its funds with Shiel

Inbox that.

giphy.gif

- Tom Scully went to his second choice, Hawthorn, after Essendon tied up its funds with Shiel

Oh s**t I didn't know that

7-0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crickets when I present a media piece supporting my argument. Such vehemence about me finding it too. Ibe managed to cook an amazing chicken cacciatore in this time too.

Beat that

"Carlton all but over the line to win the Giants’ signature"

Supporting...

19789999.jpg

First we took their Shiel, then we took their Mosquito. No wonder there's all these Hawks fans still in this thread, they're absolutely #head****ed
Thankfully you aren't taking our flags and finals appearances!

Back