Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally anyone. He only looks good when he has to bat for time. Has a nice average since returning but it's padded quite dramatically with 5 NOs.

Again, give us a name? Who. Carey isn’t ready

These blokes have played for years and need McDermott to tell them where to bowl? I know they aren't renowned for their smarts but geez it's not rocket science how to bowl to the tail

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Our bowling towards the lower-order is the problem, not the top-order.

I think the problem is partially down to conditions (ball getting older/pitch getting flatter), bowler fatigue due to not having an effective 5th bowler and some misguided tactics by both Smith/Paine.

None of our batsmen are good enough and there's nothing coming through that is good enough. It will be decades before we become decent again.
Blokes used to ave 50 in shield level and not get picked. Blokes hardly average 40 now and we wonder why they struggle at test level.

The Sheffield shield is terrible and CA concentrates on making $$$ through s**t t20 games.

That was the thing that worried me the most at the very moment I first heard of the ball-tampering incident. Warner and Smith are very different people: Warner is combative and extroverted, players like that need a fight and he'd more likely see this as a challenge to get back and would probably (marginally) improve from it.

Smith on the other hand was never too combative and was always a bit more introverted and more self-critical. Add in the fact that one of his biggest strengths was the concentration required to rely primarily on hand-eye and you can start to see where the rapid slide down the batting averages can come from: Mentally he's still trying to recover, something he may never do.
Excellent observations and very, very valid. His life up until now has been purely focussed on cricket. Will his priorities have changed even slightly? Will he have the same desire and focus? Because with a unorthodox technique that relies on freakish hand eye co-ordination he's git to have everything going for him. I hope he can.

Sad times. I know Khawaja has captained QLD before. I wonder if he would be capable if given some guidance.
Could be a good call, while I disagreed with what he was saying entirely when he was standing up to the commentators about the sides batting tactics during (I think) the T20 series, it showed a harder edge that the side could probably use when rebuilding its culture.

Again, give us a name? Who. Carey isn’t ready
I'd take Carey. More upside, just as justified. Future potential leader. He's 27 - if he isn't ready now, how old does he have to be? I'm not sure if he'll ever average more than 40 in FC which is what he's doing this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starc's left-arm variety, tail-end batting and penchant for early strikes is very useful.

Tremain can't provide that and at any rate you would select Pattinson (whom I understand is fit ATM) before him.

You would select an injury prone Pattinson, who I believe is on restricted overs in Shield cricket, for a test match. Sounds like a cracking idea.

I'd take Carey. More upside, just as justified. Future potential leader. He's 27 - if he isn't ready now, how old does he have to be? I'm not sure if he'll ever average more than 40 in FC which is what he's doing this season.
Again bloody t20 games getting in the way. Would rather he played 3 shield games and maybe push his case rather than waste it on facing 10 balls a game.

Who the * schedule the s**t odi/t20 against SA. ******* dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back