treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I know i am going to sound harsh and i am very pleased for him but Bolt in the 3rd round of a slam is a blight on the game
Why?

He beat the 29th seed, if he isn't good enough he would of lost.

Tennis is the sort of game that despite how far you fall behind you are always a chance of coming back, his opponent should of won, he didn't.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alex Zverev is so talented. Some great shots. My favourite player and he is a great player to watch.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Very excited to watch Serena for the first time this year. From what I've heard, her serve is looking almost entirely neutralised save for a few vintage moments, and despite her massive achievements in 2018, she never looked close to her best, so I'm not sure she'll win another Slam. But what a pleasure it will be to see my favourite non-Australian athlete back on RLA!

Athlete ? She is just a very powerful gifted slob who has played in an era where Womens tennis has been junk. Steffi Graf was an Athlete. Can't judge players from different eras they say but Graf's forehand was a sledgehammer that she bludgeoned to all parts of the court, down the line, off forehand, cross court take your pick. She would have Williams off the bit inside 6 games.

Athlete ? She is just a very powerful gifted slob who has played in an era where Womens tennis has been junk. Steffi Graf was an Athlete. Can't judge players from different eras they say but Graf's forehand was a sledgehammer that she bludgeoned to all parts of the court, down the line, off forehand, cross court take your pick. She would have Williams off the bit inside 6 games.
Have you seen Sabalenka? .She's a fierce competitor...

When Djokovic is receiving I always think of this...

1*KCVkJjvLeOhNbfr2hOWdKw.png

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
She would have Williams off the bit inside 6 games.
That's a load of crap. Serena has the greatest female serve of all time. That alone would have won her sets off graf.

Go watch Serena from the London olympics in 2012. Phenomenonal tennis. She was simply amazing.
Jelena Janković#18 W 6–3, 6–1
Urszula Radwańska #45 W 6–2, 6–3
Vera Zvonareva #13 Win 6–1, 6–0
QF Caroline Wozniacki#8 W 6–0, 6–3
SF Victoria Azarenka# 1 W 6 –1, 6–2
G Maria Sharapova# 3 Win 6–0, 6–1

Last edited:

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
Was focusing on something else, where did Chardy come from to win the 3rd set :openmouth:
Would love if this went into 5 sets!

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
I forgot the Konta and Muguruza match is still to be played tonight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Hopefully Tsonga still sticks around on the circuit for another year or two if his body holds up!

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I feel that Chardy has got the majority of the crowd support here.
That was an excellent point.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Hopefully Mug doesn't turn her toes up. She is needed to stop Serena. Halep, Pliskova, Svitolina. I really hope that isn't Serena's path to the final as she will smash them all.
Yeah she can match her.
Will the match be postponed if it can't be started before midnight in Melbourne?

Back