Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Serena is a goat of womens tennis, Federer the mens goat. Theres no use combing, men and women hit different and face different competitions. Watching Serena try and crosscourt rally with Federer in the hopman cup was embarrassing for her.

On the list of GOAT athletes Serena is higher, theres no argument especially when you factor doubles. But she isn't playing with the 2nd and 3rd best (men) of all time in the same era, so she's fortunate in that regard.

Federer is the face of tennis, and a far better role model. Federer has his own brand and is more well liked. Federer will go down leaving a bigger mark on this sport.

Easy for Federer to be a better role model. He's never been in situations where he's hated on, discriminated against, vilified and booed out of arenas because of his appearance. And I'm talking about things that happened pre-2009 US Open semi-final for Serena.

Kvitova had a knife held to her throat, your fawning over Serena is blinding everything else.

What's your point? Her physical injuries sustained were confined to her hand. Serena was cut open after nearly dying giving birth, less than a decade after she nearly died earlier from a blood clot that was left untreated for too long. Who's the blind one here.

There sure is. I personally think Federer is the male GOAT even though I can't stand him. But Serena is the greater of the two on the basis of: what she's overcome, and what she's won.
Really? Federer has had to deal with arguably both the second, and third greatest players of all time, at the same time (having said that they both might overtake him (and I think both have winning records over him). Serena has had far less competition, even in spite of other personal struggles which shouldn't affect this discussion.

Really? Federer has had to deal with arguably both the second, and third greatest players of all time, at the same time (having said that they both might overtake him (and I think both have winning records over him). Serena has had far less competition, even in spite of other personal struggles which shouldn't affect this discussion.

And if he was great enough, he would have beaten them 23 times like Serena has done with her opponents 23 times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if he was great enough, he would have beaten them 23 times like Serena has done with her opponents 23 times.

Oh please, its very rare for the 3 best of all time (men) to be playing at the same time. It's unheard of in other sports.

Easy for Federer to be a better role model. He's never been in situations where he's hated on, discriminated against, vilified and booed out of arenas because of his appearance. And I'm talking about things that happened pre-2009 US Open semi-final for Serena.

That doesn't justify the 2018 US Open

What did I just watch????

amazing by Pliskova. I am not sure where that came from. Serena can blame the injury all she wants, but she had 4 match points. I was surprised Serena didn't take a medical time out after failing to serve it out the first time. Just get it strapped once more, and kill any potential momentum which Pliskova might have got. I don't think the injury was that bad. Perhaps more mental than physical. And Pliskova lifted once it happened.

Just an amazing match. One for the memory. I hope we get an all czech final. They deserve it after dominating female tennis for the last 5 years with Kvitova, Pliskova and Šafářová.

Last edited:
Lol at the Serena haters in this thread. Seriously pathetic.
Equally so of her defenders.

That we have to debate who is the greatest of all time between Serena and Federer is silly. Is Kelly Slater the GOAT or is Layne Beachley? Annika Sorenstam or Jack Nicklaus? Diana Taurasi or Lebron james?

Each of those athletes play the same sport and may be the best of all time, but we are not comparing them because they are in different competitions. It is the exact same with Federer and Williams, so people should stop claiming it to be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back