Preview Round 3: Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are being honest, Ahern’s career is actually being enhanced by being distanced from the cluster**** so far.

More people, North and non North, are talking about him now than after his near 40 game last year.

If he played he may well have been sitting on an ice block with Jy right now.
That is absolute garbage.

This guy should be playing at AFL level and enhancing his reputation, not wallowing in the VFL to learn some mystic lesson Brad has come up with.

I’ve seen it first hand at footy clubs, the culture becomes divided and toxic, because players see the double standards taking place. In fact at an extreme level players become selfish and become dysfunctional at the team level.

This guy should be playing at AFL level and enhancing his reputation, not wallowing in the VFL to learn some mystic lesson Brad has come up with.

I’ve seen it first hand at footy clubs, the culture becomes divided and toxic, because players see the double standards taking place. In fact at an extreme level players become selfish and become dysfunctional at the team level.

I’m not saying he’s learning anything. I’m saying by every shitful team performance he’s not part of he looks better.

Anyone of sound mind believes he should be in the 22 by now.

Essendon have won, and that now puts us firmly in the box seat for last on the ladder should we lose Sunday, with a looming threat of zero wins, 3 losses. A season in complete disarray that only makes the mountain harder to climb for finals if thats even possible.

I'll be there Sunday, I hope the club doesn't make me regret it.

I can’t stress how detrimental it is not to hold players accountable to performance and what it does for the psychic of the playing list.

Dropping players and making changes serves as punishment for inadequate performance. This applies to all levels of football not just AFL. That’s how you get improvement. You make footballers lift their standard to an acceptable level. He is the only coach publicly known to deter from wholesale swaps.
This backing em in s**t only validates sub par performances as acceptable. It is why we never won s**t. Nor will we.

On the other hand those on the outside of the 22 feel disheartened and unease that:
1) they aren’t getting a game ahead of those clearly struggling in the 22
2) they are first on the chopping block if the team does needs a change
It breeds disharmony and it festers favoritism.
In a team sport where selflessness is as important as any factor, winning games of football becomes an extremely difficult task.
We have a fraud as a coach and the hierarchy at the club won’t move on him.
As North people we are loyal to the club and to the personnel within it.
But if ever I felt that we were going nowhere as a team and an irrelevant entity it is now.
It’s demoralising, it’s energy sapping and its sad. Just really really sad.

Wasn’t Gibbo his all time favourite? Then he delisted him.

Did that send a message?

So, there's no off-field indiscretions involved... it's just Scotts being a clueless flog?

No off-field indiscretions, just Scott being Scott. Ahern is just what we need, someone who can use the ball effectively, hit targets. He is someone who is cool under pressure, doesn’t panic. God knows that we are crying out for players like him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No off-field indiscretions, just Scott being Scott. Ahern is just what we need, someone who can use the ball effectively, hit targets. He is someone who is cool under pressure, doesn’t panic. God knows that we are crying out for players like him.

Pfft, you have no inside info.

To my favourite football club North,

Could you please get our season back on track this weekend?

Sincerely,

Cool Kangas

No CK we need a loss!

I guarantee that if we do turn it around, every spineless supporter in this thread will be back on board, justifying their return with “I was right all along, but Scott made the changes/sent a message/lifted standards so I decided to start going to games again”.

Transalation: I leave when the going is tough and return when the going is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. And we finally get one and then do this s**t to him.

In 40+ years of playing and watching sport, this is the first time ever I will be more happy if my team loses, than if we win.

Probably be shot down for liking your post but yeah, losses mean change.

At least the paper 22 has Simpkin in the forward line, so if the ball bounces his way he will kick 12 in Brad Scott's cunning master plan.

Then again, the Hawks on the MCG might break 200 marks and the ball doesn't hit the deck.

No CK we need a loss!

I guarantee that if we do turn it around, every spineless supporter in this thread will be back on board, justifying their return with “I was right all along, but Scott made the changes/sent a message/lifted standards so I decided to start going to games again”.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

Essendon have won, and that now puts us firmly in the box seat for last on the ladder should we lose Sunday, with a looming threat of zero wins, 3 losses. A season in complete disarray that only makes the mountain harder to climb for finals if thats even possible.

I'll be there Sunday, I hope the club doesn't make me regret it.

Think of the positives, we will at least get the #1 pick in the mid season draft before Scott invariably wins 4 of the last 5 to save his job and * our draft position.

Agreed, believe me, this happens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back