Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fair bit wrong with this, but I understand your point. And that is precisely what I'm talking about. When Basset is given free reign to dictate game plan all over the ground we serve up that garbage. In isolation, prior to round 16 our defence actually held up quite well. I'm talking inside 50s / scores against ratio. This number was obviously effected by our scrappy team game plan, which you alluded to. But Imagine if Bass was told to focus solely on the backline and nothing else. He'd excel in that role. Just keep him the **** away from the forward line/midfield.
I'd have him solely in defense over him being our forward line coach, I do agree with that.

Are you trying to suggest that height is what the criteria for being a key forward is? Or that's what I was implying?

odd Marshall is at the moment. Not at all.

That is EXACTLY what you were implying. Not that it is the sole criteria, but that it is a disqualifying criteria.

193 cm isn't key forward height anymore.

Don't obfuscate the topic with weights or dribble about what a key forward does. You said 193cm was not key forward height. Why say that if you were not IMPLYING that is one of the reasons why Gunston is not a key forward?

What gunston is or is not is irrelevant. you said 193cm isn't key forward height. You are wrong and I pointed out at least 3 reasons why you were wrong.

Are you like the Fonz? Can't admit you are wrong?

The discussion on targets is nonsense. We kick low to talls, and high to triple-teamed smalls. Our structure and strategy do not respect the players we have. We play dumb football. We melt under pressure.

This is a leadership issue. Both coaches and players are responsible. Hinkley is simply on the top. He represents the entire department. He is the dumb-in-chief.

i mean you could turn on the tv and see Membrey/Curnow as their clubs respective top KPF's but that does seem a bit of effort.

strange call.
I think you possibly misunderstood the point of my post.

Yes, Membrey, Curnow and De Goey ALL play as key forwards despite being well under 193cm.

View attachment 681137

After 10 rounds we are sitting 10th on the ladder. 4 of the 5 wins have been against teams that sit 14th, 16th, 17th & 18th on the ladder.

Hey Port fans, remember when our early season form of 2013 was supposed to be a ‘false economy’?

Well listen to this!

2F050CBD-572C-4A9B-820A-5E7F03C457B0.jpeg

this is the guy that with out a hesitation of a doubt told the world the Melbourne win was the best win he's every been part of, i mean who in their right mind would say that publicly as a coach and to pull that out after round 1 is mind boggling. All it does is highlight that this guy a a professional con-artist stringing along who ever will listen with a fresh lot of new lies. the end is nigh as all the chickens will soon be home to roost

View attachment 681137

After 10 rounds we are sitting 10th on the ladder. 4 of the 5 wins have been against teams that sit 14th, 16th, 17th & 18th on the ladder.

So if we are to crack the eight, who drops out? Freo is the only possibility I can see realistically. Even then we'll be pipped by Hawthorn, who we should have beaten easily yesterday.

Ken must go and must go soon.

B.Scott is already gone, Bolton can't be far away. Then there is the pressure on Richo, Worsfold and maybe Longmire/Sydney wanting a fresh start but wouldn't be betting on it.

With a multitude of coaching positions opening up do we really want to be left until all the best candidates have taken those jobs and we just end up with another Hinkley ? (Either as senior coach or Mentor to an untried coach) Time to be ruthless, get in and get the best people before they are taken.

Are you trying to suggest that height is what the criteria for being a key forward is? Or that's what I was implying?

How heavy is Reiwoldt? Let's see...he's 93 kg. You couldn't even compare him to Darling, who weighs 95 kg

So Jack Riewolt is not a KPF because he is 2% lighter than Darling and Schultz? It gets better.

Strength can't be derived directly from a player's body mass. You are not including body fat, weak links in a players physique, core strength etc. Plus there is a players atitude and body positioning. Tom Hawkins didn't play as a Key Forward until the 2011 Grand Final. Prior to that he was the quitessential 'looks like tarzan, players like Jane'. Would you honestly have me believe that pre-2011 Tom Hawkins was more of a Key Forward than Jack Riewolt? If so I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is the guy that with out a hesitation of a doubt told the world the Melbourne win was the best win he's every been part of, i mean who in their right mind would say that publicly as a coach and to pull that out after round 1 is mind boggling. All it does is highlight that this guy a a professional con-artist stringing along who ever will listen with a fresh lot of new lies. the end is nigh as all the chickens will soon be home to roost
Yep.

Characterise people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words. Hinkley is a con artist. He is our Lyle Lanley.

So Jack Riewolt is not a KPF because he is 2% lighter than Darling and Schultz? It gets better.

Strength can't be derived directly from a player's body mass. You are not including body fat, weak links in a players physique, core strength etc. Plus there is a players atitude and body positioning. Tom Hawkins didn't play as a Key Forward until the 2011 Grand Final. Prior to that he was the quitessential 'looks like tarzan, players like Jane'. Would you honestly have me believe that pre-2011 Tom Hawkins was more of a Key Forward than Jack Riewolt? If so I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Those 3 Coleman medals don't count then i guess.

I didn’t renew my membership for this season, and I won’t reconsider my position until fundamental changes are made at the club. I’m sorry, but I’m over investing my time, finances & emotions towards such an incompetent & inept professional sporting organisation.

I’ve passed the point of directing all my anger at one individual, & in fairness to Ken, he didn’t make the decision to extend his contract on the back of mediocre performances. I’ve accepted the fact that what you see is what you get with Ken, & that’s pretty much it. That little master stroke of genius was made by a bunch of clueless, dim-witted, knee-jerk reaction buffoons who should all collectively fall on their swords.

We travel to China this week, & IMHO it’s a gimmicky sideshow & needless distraction. The concept is good, but winning Premierships & having the competition fear you from week to week is far more important. Get the latter right first, then think about broader pursuits.

We’ve reached a critical point in our history. If the club chooses to stay the current course & celebrate mediocrity then we might as well close the doors & turn out the lights for good. The hour for warm fuzzy emails has well & truly passed, blood must be spilt before we become irrelevant, if we’re not there already.

**** this club.

Even 3 kg is a lot of muscle mass. You can only gain at a maximum 0.9 kg a month, and that's if you're really pushing it at the gym and doing max lift for muscle gain and nothing else. Most people only gain 0.5 kg a month.

And no, it's not dependent on weight. It's about how the player plays - a key forward is generally a good contested mark, will bring the ball to ground, bring other players into the game etc. It's why the traditional CHF role morphed into a key forward role, because coaches didn't want the traditional lead out FF anymore...they wanted two Careys - one at CHF at one at FF.

I wasn't the one who brought up Gunston's height as being the criteria for being a key forward. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I just said Clarkson didn't play one, because he didn't. He played Gunston in a deep forward role and used his speed and agility to get the mismatch on our defenders.

You know who would have been a great match-up for him? Burton. He would have been perfect, and would have really had a point to prove.

Do I think Burton is a key defender? Nope.

I'm curious, besides Malthouse have there been any other premiership coaches that have had to go through another rebuild after failing the first?

Whats weird is if you Google `Jack Gunston Key Forward', you get a bunch of links to Hawthorn's official website (among mainstream media links). Apparently his club thinks he's a key forward.

SO WEIRD HOW THEY WOULD THINK THAT A 193CM FORWARD WITH 50+ GOALS IN 4 OF THE LAST 6 SEASONS MIGHT BE A KEY FORWARD

but then again, no one else in the world operates on Janus definitions, so why be surprised when the sun continues to rise.

Reduced to pedantic discussion about tall players’ respective weights.

🎶 cruising down the freeway in the hot hot sun
😁

Serious question, no trolling here

If Hinkley goes would Josh Carr be considered for the job? Can clearly coach and has the hardness about him required
Plus is a Power favourite son
If not then Schofield gets it IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back