Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break neither expansion club had so many picks that everyone else was pushed back 3 rounds. That’s pure rubbish. Besides we were busy trading out 2nd round picks for the likes of Renouf.

Lol. If anything, we should have done better than other clubs out of those drafts given we were a bottom of the ladder team at the time. I wonder how Geelong got through so well to be 9-1 now.

Also, I'm being told we picked a dual All Australian in the 2011 draft but voluntarily traded him last year.

And when we get Dixon, Ebert, Wines and Hartlett back - players with over a hundred games experience - we’ll be fine. I expected Wines, Dixon and Hartlett to be firmly entrenched in the team by now.

There is a tipping point in terms of how many inexperienced players you can add to a team. We aren’t playing the players we are because of form, but because of injury.
I do think it's obvious that the loss of a few major players hurts team performance, my problem is just how much it still seems to be hurting us.

Injuries don't seem to be bothering Richmond that much - they have guys that are ready to step up and play a role to get the job done. Hinkley's had 6.5 years now to get to that position at Port.

Speaking of DeGoey, he has apparently had a few interludes with that Jessica from MAFS. She has also been pursued by some other footballers and sports people. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Please clarify ... I don't think any of them will be applying for MENSA anytime soon.

imagev1729a666d2079d7478b3ccb51caab87f6-aci91pjb7vyvpk98xr2_ct834x465.jpg

Why can't people spell my name right?

I do think it's obvious that the loss of a few major players hurts team performance, my problem is just how much it still seems to be hurting us.

Injuries don't seem to be bothering Richmond that much - they have guys that are ready to step up and play a role to get the job done. Hinkley's had 6.5 years now to get to that position at Port.

Richmond is a premiership team that knows their identity, how they want to play and play for each other.

We have a group of players that can’t stick to what they promised each other in the off-season and play for themselves.

Who's Ben Scadden?

Anyway, follow up replies told him what is what. I figure he's part of the clueless media who love Hinkley.

Fickle? Ha! I sat through every single game between 2008 and 2012. Rain, hail or shine I was there at that wind swept, dank shithole every single week to watch smashing after smashing.
I flat out reject being called “fickle” by this blow in.

Fickle? Ha! I sat through every single game between 2008 and 2012. Rain, hail or shine I was there at that wind swept, dank shithole every single week to watch smashing after smashing.
I flat out reject being called “fickle” by this blow in.

The comments on the tweet are entertaining. A few take him to task.

Someone mentioned Ken telling Matt White that he didn't want to go to a grand final until we got there together or something along those lines. Ken was actually full of lines like that in his first couple of years. Nowadays, I honestly can't even remember the last time Ken spoke of the possibility or even aspiration to win a premiership.

I don't know when Ken's attitude changed because he wasn't always like this. There was Phil Walsh and there was his friend that had the heart attack. Somewhere along the line, he lost his killer instinct and drive to be the best. And this has clearly translated to on field performance.

His time is up.
Heard from a Perth contact close to Schoey that he is disillusioned with Ken's "doesn't give a * attitude". He won't stay around if Hinkley gets another contract. Question is will he hang around until the end of the current one.

Even 3 kg is a lot of muscle mass. You can only gain at a maximum 0.9 kg a month, and that's if you're really pushing it at the gym and doing max lift for muscle gain and nothing else. Most people only gain 0.5 kg a month.

And no, it's not dependent on weight. It's about how the player plays - a key forward is generally a good contested mark, will bring the ball to ground, bring other players into the game etc. It's why the traditional CHF role morphed into a key forward role, because coaches didn't want the traditional lead out FF anymore...they wanted two Careys - one at CHF at one at FF.

I wasn't the one who brought up Gunston's height as being the criteria for being a key forward. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I just said Clarkson didn't play one, because he didn't. He played Gunston in a deep forward role and used his speed and agility to get the mismatch on our defenders.

You know who would have been a great match-up for him? Burton. He would have been perfect, and would have really had a point to prove.

Do I think Burton is a key defender? Nope.

You're dodging and weaving like RGray on meth. You said 193cm was not tall enough to be a key forward these days. It is. You are wrong. Try typing it. I was wrrrrorrr. Wrrrrrrrorrrrr...

You're dodging and weaving like RGray on meth. You said 193cm was not tall enough to be a key forward these days. It is. You are wrong. Try typing it. I was wrrrrorrr. Wrrrrrrrorrrrr...

I will when you admit that Gunston doesn’t and never will play key forward.

Heard from a Perth contact close to Schoey that he is disillusioned with Ken's "doesn't give a **** attitude". He won't stay around if Hinkley gets another contract. Question is will he hang around until the end of the current one.
The thought of Schoey being next coach is the only thing giving me hope atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a Perth contact close to Schoey that he is disillusioned with Ken's "doesn't give a **** attitude". He won't stay around if Hinkley gets another contract. Question is will he hang around until the end of the current one.

Another contract? Schoey will feel like a Port supporter on a Footy Express train if that happens.

That might be the moment we are looking for, maybe the club makes a move if schoey says he will walk.

It’s obvious he doesn’t care. Just going through the motions now. And to think all the talk coming out of the club last year was of Chad Wingard being a “cancer”.

The thought of Schoey being next coach is the only thing giving me hope atm.

Hey Janus, why will we be fine? What will be different from previous years?

We exist to have a flukish Showdown win once every few years and celebrate like we won powerball.
For a man that can't coach that's going to walk away from this with millions of dollars, he essentially has won powerball lol.

Ah sports journalism where one day you know nothing until promoted to a position as bonafide sports reporter and suddenly your opinion is fact and everyone else knows nothing.

No one was complaining last week apparently is the word from self appointed experts

Was probably the same bloke heckling Gupta at the sponsorship presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back