Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untill the media start putting pressure on Hinkley which they arnt nothing will happen...

Hopefully stkilda beat us in china this week ( wins and losses mean nothing at the moment) and then the media will start beating their drums i reckon

I have been a hinkley supporter but I've jumped ship.
His record in showdowns alone is sack able, no plan b a couldn't give 2 shits attitude time to move on.
Schoey is not the answer clarkson has been hinting he wants a new challenge well come on down.

I still think Ken can work as a rebuild coach, but I don't believe we've been rebuilding in 2017 and 2018, our defence was the only part of our side that lacked experience, and it was working just fine anyway with Jonas there to help keep it together, the problem came when we started to lose our big names and failed to compensate. I DO blame Ken and some of our coaches for this issue because there are sides like Collingwood and Richmond that have lost big names and still managed to compensate. I think we are taking steps forward in order to pave these injury issues, but we are still very far off, and we STILL over-rely on our older players too much, so when they don't step up we suddenly become hopeless. It really has come down to injury, and I think we are one of the worst teams handling injuries at the moment.

He needs to go but we all know deep down he will be on tv sipping coke zero in our coaches box next year Very depressing i am 99% sure we can sack him at the end of next year without paying out 2021. Round 1 2021 cant come quick enough.
If he is our coach next year I will 100% not renew my membership...renewing this year was hard enough knowing that peanut is at the helm

Ah sports journalism where one day you know nothing until promoted to a position as bonafide sports reporter and suddenly your opinion is fact and everyone else knows nothing.

No one was complaining last week apparently is the word from self appointed experts
Yeah what an idiot. He's obviously not seen my posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Ken can work as a rebuild coach, but I don't believe we've been rebuilding in 2017 and 2018, our defence was the only part of our side that lacked experience, and it was working just fine anyway with Jonas there to help keep it together, the problem came when we started to lose our big names and failed to compensate. I DO blame Ken and some of our coaches for this issue because there are sides like Collingwood and Richmond that have lost big names and still managed to compensate. I think we are taking steps forward in order to pave these injury issues, but we are still very far off, and we STILL over-rely on our older players too much, so when they don't step up we suddenly become hopeless. It really has come down to injury, and I think we are one of the worst teams handling injuries at the moment.

I most definitely don't want Ken being responsible for a rebuild. I want a new coach with a fresh approach and fresh new ideas to be responsible for the development of the group of great new players we currently have.

Perhaps the confusion is that Gunston plays like an actual key forward (gets out on leads, takes marks, kicks goals) and not a Hinkleyball key forward (stands in the goalsquare and has the ball plonked on his head in a pack of three opposition defenders while having to work his arse off just to halve the contest)

Ken's ability to escape barbed criticism from the media is pretty impressive they've gone after coaches in the past with better credentials with sheer venom.

It just goes to show how irrelevant we are and how low the standards are both internally and externally (ie Port being a 50-50, mediocre team forever is a success).

Lol. If anything, we should have done better than other clubs out of those drafts given we were a bottom of the ladder team at the time. I wonder how Geelong got through so well to be 9-1 now.

Also, I'm being told we picked a dual All Australian in the 2011 draft but voluntarily traded him last year.

It wasn’t even that bad. GC and GWS were given 8x first rounders each and access to a few 17 year olds, so all things considered each club essentially had their 2010 and 2011 picks pushed back by just one round.

Damn if only we could’ve snared Bad Couch and Dan Gorringe we’d be flag favourites.

Perhaps the confusion is that Gunston plays like an actual key forward (gets out on leads, takes marks, kicks goals) and not a Hinkleyball key forward (stands in the goalsquare and has the ball plonked on his head in a pack of three opposition defenders while having to work his arse off just to halve the contest)

6E748A6B-A159-457E-93FE-132AB5C7D5FF.png

It just goes to show how irrelevant we are and how low the standards are both internally and externally (ie Port being a 50-50, mediocre team forever is a success).

This is part of it. We’ve been treading water mid-table for ages now, I guess everyone thinks this is just where we belong. Unless the arse falls out like it did for North this year there’s unlikely to be any significant agitation from the media, especially since he’s not coming up for contract and we’re not exactly swimming in payout cash.

It wasn’t even that bad. GC and GWS were given 8x first rounders each and access to a few 17 year olds, so all things considered each club essentially had their 2010 and 2011 picks pushed back by just one round.

Damn if only we could’ve snared Bad Couch and Dan Gorringe we’d be flag favourites.

I'm still loling about those drafts being used as an excuse for our mediocrity when we used our first pick in the 2011 draft to choose one of only two players from that draft to be a dual All Australian (the other being Brownlow medalist Tom Mitchell, who was a father son so not even in the main draft anyway), who we promptly volunteered to trade in the prime of his career for no apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back