News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did he support? Not saying it's a massive factor, just curious.

Also isn't he best friends with Rozee?
This all seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

They went to different schools and played for different clubs. Rozee came to Adelaide and spent the last couple of years of school in a boarding house. The only time they would've really spent together would've been SA U16/18.

Rozee was at North Adelaide, Lucosious was at WWT

Rozee is a Saint Kilda fan

This all seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

They went to different schools and played for different clubs. Rozee came to Adelaide and spent the last couple of years of school in a boarding house. The only time they would've really spent together would've been SA U16/18.

Rozee was at North Adelaide, Lucosious was at WWT

Rozee is a Saint Kilda fan
Think they played cricket together?

Irrelevant, and Lukosius stated in an interview before the draft he was a Crows supporter growing up I'm almost certain.

Jared Polec was Brodie Smith's best mate and this "mates" thing is largely overblown in the AFL media etc.
Not saying it is of any relevance lol.

I'm just curious as you could assume they talk and hence that's where some of his information is coming from.

I appreciate the linked articles though.

The club freely admitted it tried to trade up to secure Lukosius or Rankine but could not tempt GC last year. If Luko wants out, then surely the club is going to try and make a play to get him considering how much they wanted him just last year

Pick 2, Next years first, Mackay and Douglas
MAYBE for both, but seems high.

More likely - Greenwood and two for Lukosius and 12.

There's absolutely no way Lukosius could be worth as much as he was a year ago, as we have more exposed form. And Rankine is a young, small, light footballer with soft tissue injuries.

Rankine is probably worth our first next year.

I wonder if these two lads watched the game last night. Two things:

1) Which club has the better list of players 25 and under - no brainer.
2) Which club is better at trading aggressively and is more likely to be able to orchestrate a trade for these two - no brainer

2) Which club is better at trading aggressively and is more likely to be able to orchestrate a trade for these two - no brainer
That scenario is theoretical only..carlton apparently have the best group of youngsters ever yet established players keep choosing other clubs like essendon and hawthorn come trade time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how aggressive Port were to get good draft picks last year, it wouldnt surprise me if they went hard for and beat us to Luko and Rankine.

It's a given. Both will play for port.

Port should make a serious play for our best kids playing in the SANFL to be honest, we dont really need them. When you have selection policies that allow potatoes like Douglas and Mackay to be selected ahead of you. It speaks volumes.

If Port actually got their crap together, they will win a flag before us.

that would put a rocket up us quicksmart ... Changes would be made fast if it happens.

"So as not to upset our peers and to stay within the spirit of the competition, Adelaide will not be talking to any players from other clubs until the seasons end". Either that or "we are really confident with the kids we currently have".

MAYBE for both, but seems high.

More likely - Greenwood and two for Lukosius and 12.

There's absolutely no way Lukosius could be worth as much as he was a year ago, as we have more exposed form. And Rankine is a young, small, light footballer with soft tissue injuries.

Rankine is probably worth our first next year.

Dude. He's a first year KPF with 15 games under his belt. On that alone, he is worth more than what he was last year. No club is gunning for him for the idea of he could make their 2020 best 22 better, more what he could be in 2022/2023.

The only way Luko could lose value this year is if he got caught match fixing, has a career threatening LTI, became a cancer at a club or peds. Anything beyond that, and it is increasing just by getting into a teams best 22. Performance may tank his value in season 3 to 4 however as a few preseasons can take the development gloss off anyone, not season 1 though.

Given how aggressive Port were to get good draft picks last year, it wouldnt surprise me if they went hard for and beat us to Luko and Rankine.
Weren't they going aggressively for mature players the year before?

They're winning and losing and are solidly mediocre, just like us.

We should have been three goals up at half time. Tex's goal should have put us four up. We should have been able to stand their second wind and bounce back, except we were s**t.

Port should make a serious play for our best kids playing in the SANFL to be honest, we dont really need them. When you have selection policies that allow potatoes like Douglas and Mackay to be selected ahead of you. It speaks volumes.

If Port actually got their crap together, they will win a flag before us.
Why do you think that?

Port have three good young players, but they also have way too much aging quality.

Dude. He's a first year KPF with 15 games under his belt. On that alone, he is worth more than what he was last year. No club is gunning for him for the idea of he could make their 2020 best 22 better, more what he could be in 2022/2023.

The only way Luko could lose value this year is if he got caught match fixing, has a career threatening LTI, became a cancer at a club or peds. Anything beyond that, and it is increasing just by getting into a teams best 22. Performance may tank his value in season 3 to 4 however as a few preseasons can take the development gloss off anyone, not season 1 though.
Players don't just add value during their first year. A bunch have shown they're better than their draft pick. Some therefore have shown they were picked too early.

Luko has shown he's mostly like to be a Lynch type mobile flanker. A top three pick is a big overspend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back