News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Power have the upper hand? We have Sloane, Tex, Seedsman and Smith all coming to an end soon, so plenty of ability to pay him what he wants, and we have better picks than them and some hot young Vic talent to use in Sig or Roch.
Soon is not now, all 4 older players you named are contracted..

Soligo and Rachele won't be traded, would be dumb to trade either of our 1st year players thay have already comitted to the club by extending their rookie contract and have shown they will both be high level AFL player into the future.

Last edited:
Its great we have got the Zak, but our midfield is where we are getting killed. Our first ruck is good for fantasy points and not much else. We have to draft a top 5-10 mid this year. Pick 5 (will be 6) cannot be what we give up for Rankine. Otherwise our forwards will be playing marks up for another couple of seasons.

Its great we have got the Zak, but our midfield is where we are getting killed. Our first ruck is good for fantasy points and not much else. We have to draft a top 5-10 mid this year. Pick 5 (will be 6) cannot be what we give up for Rankine. Otherwise our forwards will be playing marks up for another couple of seasons.
As a fantasy footy connoisseur, ROB has been a garbage pick for that too :drunk:

I disagree, our midfield regularly wins contested possession and clearances. The issue is it lacks class. Hopefully Nicks will back Worrell in which will free Dawson up to play on the wing, and add Rankine/Rachele in mid/forward roles and we should see some improvement.

They're going to be playing marks up for another couple of seasons regardless if we drafted a top 5-10 midfielder this year. After all, another preseason and we might hit parity with other rebuilders in terms of age/experience, as physical development and skills are intertwined due to how fatigue impacts.

If you're feeling any sympathy for Gold Coast, it's worth remembering that if not for them being the AFL's lovechild, Noah Anderson or Luke Jackson are wearing Crows guernseys at the moment instead of Fischer Mcasey.

Congrats!
Dawson last year and now Rankine helps build some hope over the off season.
Would have preferred him in a Power jumper but hey, at least he is coming home.
Think your first pick plus a player would get it done.
Who do you think they would want?
Doubt they’d be interested in Crouch who we’d be keen to let go.

After that it all depends on who’s interested in a move.

Sholl or McAsey seem like potential options from our perspective, but as I said, depends on if they’re willing.

Likelihood is it will be 5 and then haggling over what other picks involved.

Not sure why supporters from other clubs are so desperate to come in here and tell us we need to pay up for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why supporters from other clubs are so desperate to come in here and tell us we need to pay up for him.
Its all good.. everyone has an opinion.... same as when someone requests a trade to port...

Who I can't seem to remember the last big name to request a trade there... was it orazio?

That’s not how it works. Like a new car driven out the showroom, it is rare for experience to up the value of a super high pick

players are drafted with very little really known about them, so it’s projection and hope.

From there you have 3 buckets
1. Drafted right
2. Under drafted
3. Over drafted

Most high picks never have more value than the moment before they’re drafted. Because so much is unknown, the more that becomes known the less projection there is

Rankine certainly hasn’t increased his value from pick 3 in a super draft.

In the second half of this year he showed signs he might become something like what was hoped
That’s a decent view, but the car comparison is an interesting one. If I purchased a brand new ford XY GT phase III from that era, I’d certainly get more now than what I paid for it (if I kept it in good condition). But I see your point. It’s an interesting one. I’m not sure there’s an exact science to it.
How much do we want him? That’s his worth right there. The worth of anything only ever comes down to how much someone is willing to pay.

A cherry on top: hopefully, after Dawson and now Rankine, the dreaded Go Home Factor looms a little larger in recruiters’ minds, and we can get SA draftees a little cheaper than we did previously.
Crows for me are definitely seen as a destination club for South Australians currently playing their trade interstate. The Boot camp of a few years back is a fault the club has admitted and their a team that should be challenging for a spot in the 8 , at least 10th or better if they can acquire Rankine.

This was last year's Pre-Season Draft participants ......two !

Many in the media are now saying, the PSD is redundant

1661227531813.png

After list lodgements and finalisation of Player Contracts .....how many clubs have $850K next year to fit in a Rankine in the PSD ?

Most clubs are now taking cheap players .....cheap mature players or a Rookie

Mods..

Reacon we should close this thread to anyone thats not a crows BF poster..

Or else we’re gonna have an endless stream of flogs telling us we need to give up every one of our 1st rounders for the next decade for Izak… for the next 6 weeks before trade week!.. making the thread a close to unreadable mess.

If knobs from other teams want a say there’s a Rankine thread on the main board trade section for that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back