News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izak Rankine
This was the first game back for Izak after his hamstring injury back in JLT2. He showed glimpses of what we can expect from Izak as he builds his career. The most pleasing part was that he got through the game well. We look forward to seeing Izak out on the park again this week.

If there is any truth to this..any at all, then I would think that we are up to our eyeballs into bringing him home to the crows

That's pretty interesting. If he was guessing youd think he'd be stupid to not mention Adelaide were in the mix.

My guess is he's probably been told this by a reliable source.

Not suggesting it's true by the way, just that I don't believe he's outright making it up.

That's pretty interesting. If he was guessing youd think he'd be stupid to not mention Adelaide were in the mix.

My guess is he's probably been told this by a reliable source.

Not suggesting it's true by the way, just that I don't believe he's outright making it up.
Unless Adelaide are keeping any discussions very quiet..Port know that if he wants to come back and we are interested that unless they 'sell the farm' again and by that I mean offer up very good players as a trade, we have far an away the better draft hand this year. We were into Lukosius in a massive way last year and you would have to think that our recruitment team would not have dropped that interest overnight...unless they genuinely believe getting one of the top mids this year is more important. All I am saying is if there is a chance Lukosius is wanting to come back to SA, unless he specifically nominates port then we are in the box seat if we want him

Unless Adelaide are keeping any discussions very quiet..Port know that if he wants to come back and we are interested that unless they 'sell the farm' again and by that I mean offer up very good players as a trade, we have far an away the better draft hand this year. We were into Lukosius in a massive way last year and you would have to think that our recruitment team would not have dropped that interest overnight...unless they genuinely believe getting one of the top mids this year is more important. All I am saying is if there is a chance Lukosius is wanting to come back to SA, unless he specifically nominates port then we are in the box seat if we want him
Could he have done exactly that? Nominated port that is?

Their forward line opportunities and faith in youth would be appealing.

Perhaps he's looked/talked to Fogarty and seen Lynch and Jenkins still have multi-year contracts.

He then looks/talks to rozee who couldn't be happier.

Again, not saying it's true but possible? and 18 year old's aren't the most mature and critical thinkers. Being a top pick he wouldn't want to spend another year in the SANFL.

Perhaps he's looked/talked to Fogarty and seen Lynch and Jenkins still have multi-year contracts.

Again, not saying it's true but possible? and 18 year old's aren't the most mature and critical thinkers. Being a top pick he wouldn't want to spend another year in the SANFL.
for sure..who really knows. I just think that after the interest we had in him last year that unless we really have one of these top rated kids lined up this year, that Lukosius would have to be high on the wish list and there is no doubt that through his manager the club would have put its best foot forward. The other one from left field is that the interest in Grundy is real and we are serious about making a play for him and therefore have all our irons in that fire and therefore are not in play to try and get lukosius back..going to be an interesting next few months!!!

Marshall, Dixon, Lycett (when they get Grundy), Wastehoff

No shortage of kpfs at the Pauer

for sure..who really knows. I just think that after the interest we had in him last year that unless we really have one of these top rated kids lined up this year, that Lukosius would have to be high on the wish list and there is no doubt that through his manager the club would have put its best foot forward. The other one from left field is that the interest in Grundy is real and we are serious about making a play for him and therefore have all our irons in that fire and therefore are not in play to try and get lukosius back..going to be an interesting next few months!!!
Followed by much disappointment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the Crows have cooled on him after all, like many posters here seem to have?
We never seem to have much leak (where we don't want it to) about players we are interested in. I think after Gibbs v1, we are even more tight lipped about potential targets.

Our friends down the road however...

We never seem to have much leak (where we don't want it to) about players we are interested in. I think after Gibbs v1, we are even more tight lipped about potential targets.

you are right..sometimes even the players we are targeting don't know we are trying to get them

But its not like the silence suddenly breaks and we're recruiting all sorts. We rarely attract talent.

I do wonder how much that's due to the players we target. Usually, they're players who are needing a sea change, and not established players who are killing it at their current club. After all, our interest in Grundy hasn't exactly been quiet, nor was Gibbs when we went after him.

After all, Lynch in 2013, Seedsman in 2016, Stengle in 2018 (as a handful of examples) aren't exactly the types you use to sell hope. Even Betts in 2014 wasn't that type either seeing he was really at a crossroad point.

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Gold Coast SUNS (7th) v Redland Bombers (9th) at Metricon Stadium, 10.15am

GOLD COAST

B: 45. J Dawson 21. J Leslie 17. C Ellis
HB: 43. J McLennan 46. C Graham 31. J Murdoch
C: 33. G Horlin-Smith 35. M Rischitelli 42. C Nutting
HF: 60. C Portelli 29. C Burgess 15. A Young
F: 57. R Buckland 23. S Lemmens 49. M Riordan
R: 22. T Nicholls 7. W Brodie 52. C Joyce
Int: 59. M Conroy 50. F Greenwool 54. L McDonald 48. M Selsby
Emg: 53. M Fraser 63. P Murtagh 61. E Semaan

In: 7. W Brodie 35. M Rischitelli 49. M Riordan 23. S Lemmens 17. C Ellis
Out: 37. I Rankine (injured) 19. J Corbett (AFL) 51. A Swallow (omitted) 53. A Davies (unavailable) 40. J Heron (AFL) 61. E Semaan (omitted)

Izak Rankine will miss the match after pulling up with soreness from last weekend’s match, with the club opting to take a conservative approach.

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Gold Coast SUNS (7th) v Redland Bombers (9th) at Metricon Stadium, 10.15am

GOLD COAST

B: 45. J Dawson 21. J Leslie 17. C Ellis
HB: 43. J McLennan 46. C Graham 31. J Murdoch
C: 33. G Horlin-Smith 35. M Rischitelli 42. C Nutting
HF: 60. C Portelli 29. C Burgess 15. A Young
F: 57. R Buckland 23. S Lemmens 49. M Riordan
R: 22. T Nicholls 7. W Brodie 52. C Joyce
Int: 59. M Conroy 50. F Greenwool 54. L McDonald 48. M Selsby
Emg: 53. M Fraser 63. P Murtagh 61. E Semaan

In: 7. W Brodie 35. M Rischitelli 49. M Riordan 23. S Lemmens 17. C Ellis
Out: 37. I Rankine (injured) 19. J Corbett (AFL) 51. A Swallow (omitted) 53. A Davies (unavailable) 40. J Heron (AFL) 61. E Semaan (omitted)

Izak Rankine will miss the match after pulling up with soreness from last weekend’s match, with the club opting to take a conservative approach.

Damn. He has been out for a fair while but given he played reduced minutes last week that ain’t a good sign.

If there is any truth to this..any at all, then I would think that we are up to our eyeballs into bringing him home to the crows

Makes very little sense at all... Is he homesick?.. has he had a disagreement with his coaches or senior players?.. why just Port and St Kilda?.. if he showed any interest at all to go to Victoria and St Kilda then that rules out homesickness..

Makes very little sense at all... Is he homesick?.. has he had a disagreement with his coaches or senior players?.. why just Port and St Kilda?.. if he showed any interest at all to go to Victoria and St Kilda then that rules out homesickness..
Who did he support? Not saying it's a massive factor, just curious.

Also isn't he best friends with Rozee?

Irrelevant, and Lukosius stated in an interview before the draft he was a Crows supporter growing up I'm almost certain.

Jared Polec was Brodie Smith's best mate and this "mates" thing is largely overblown in the AFL media etc.

BRODIE Smith says Jared Polec’s decision to join Port Adelaide hasn’t affected their friendship and he’s enjoyed watching him thrive at the Power.
Smith’s friendship with Polec, which dates back to their days together at Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL, was expected to give the Crows the inside running when the former Brisbane Lion indicated he was ready to move home to Adelaide.
But Polec decided to join the Ken Hinkley revival at Alberton - a decision which Smith understands.
“We’re still mates,” Smith said.
“He made a personal decision on what he thought would be best for his footy and that was for him to go to Port Adelaide.

Both Luko and Rankine grew up crows fans.
Don't take much of what Nixon says because he is rarely ever right with his own goss.
Remember just before the draft Hamish openly admitted if we had pick one it would be either Luko or Rankine last year.
Can't tell me we wouldn't be keen on him a year later if he was wanting home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back