List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally we wouldn't lose Bruce but if we did I think the best realistic stretch outcome would be, pick 12 for Bruce and our future 3rd. I don't see the dogs involving 12 though. Another outcome which I don't mind but many will probably hate is (picks below are after academies etc);

Dogs pick 32 & future 2nd for Bruce & future 4th - equivalent to around pick 19-20. That then gets us another pick we need for all these trades, plus it leaves us with a half decent pick to take to the draft. As it stands our first pick in this years draft is likely to be ~68!

Steven for 35
Newnes compo ~25
Bruce and future 4th ~62 for dogs 32 & future 2nd ~35

Hill 6
Jones 25
Keath 35
Ryder 57
Gray future second (from dogs) ~35

Take to draft 32, 68, 77

For anyone questioning the recruitment of Ryder just look at the finals.

Tigers play 2 genuine rucks.

GWS have Mummy with Keefe, Finlayson & Tomlinson rotating support.

Pies have Grundy and Cox.

Cats have nothing but try to play 2 rucks.

Eagles play 2 rucks.

Dogs have English with Schache.

Bombers play Bellchambers then a R/F support.

Most teams are trying to play 2 rucks and the top teams do it successfully. We can't rely on Marshall the way the Pies do with Grundy. It's just not feasible.

Ryder gives us a genuine ruck and allows both players to spend time forward to give us a different look inside 50 while also resting their bodies from the impact and grappling of the ruck contest.
Grundy and Cox , cox was hopeless today , i hardly saw him touch it :rolleyes:

What I can see happening if the doggies want Bruce badly is them offering up their future first which could be anywere between 12-18. Next year they have a NGA player who will be bid on in the top 5 who is a key forward. Bruce there for the next 3 to 4 years to help out Naughton and Schache whilst also mentoring then.

Grundy and Cox , cox was hopeless today , i hardly saw him touch it :rolleyes:

Yep. Grundy flying solo was a massive part of why they lost. He got worked over, same as last year's GF, which is why we need 2 genuine ruck options.

More and more teams are rotating their rucks to stay fresh. Playing undersized pinch hitters like Bruce and Acres isn't going to cut it.

Yep. Grundy flying solo was a massive part of why they lost. He got worked over, same as last year's GF, which is why we need 2 genuine ruck options.

More and more teams are rotating their rucks to stay fresh. Playing undersized pinch hitters like Bruce and Acres isn't going to cut it.
Im now totally convinced you didnt even see the game , Grundy worked over :drunk:

Seriously most people in Melbourne would never had attended an NRL match before storm and would have watched league on the TV for the grand final once a year.

Why wouldn’t they get on board a team representing the city they live in where they can watch games live. Storm are well supported in Melbourne, it’s a good atmosphere at the games and they get good crowds by NRL standards, go storm.

Are you a NSWs boy jimmy.
if the saints moved to timbuktu i would still support them,so why would i change to a processed cheese factory team if i already support a team in the comp?that is the exact reason why,if you supported the broncos then switched to the storm,then if the saints move to tassie & you switched to the bombers,then you would be consistent,but lacking integrity,no i will stick with my team thankyou very much & those rules dont change for the nrl or afl,thats consistency and INTEGRITY

im a victorian

Last edited:

I totally disagree with that. Grundy dominated the ruck, it was his mids that didn't work hard enough. It shows no matter how god your ruck is, guys who win the ball are gold. Richmond have Nank and Soldo doing the bulk of the ruck on their own and both are utilitarian at best. Nank is at least good around the ground and can rove his own ball.

Im now totally convinced you didnt even see the game , Grundy worked over :drunk:

Yep.

Grundy had 73 HO. Massive.

GWS smashed the clearances 54-35. Why? Pies had the more talented midfield by far.

GWS weren't looking to win the ruck. They just wrestled and poked and kneed and bumped into Grundy the whole game and sharked his taps.

Mumford was diving for tackles left and right in the final minutes and sold some top shelf candy, to Pendles of all people, because he was fresh. He had been rotated out.

Grundy on the other hand was buggered. Barely jogging to contests. The umpires had to wait 2-3 times to throw the ball up because Grundy was lagging behind.

His stats look insane. His impact was zero.

What I can see happening if the doggies want Bruce badly is them offering up their future first which could be anywere between 12-18. Next year they have a NGA player who will be bid on in the top 5 who is a key forward. Bruce there for the next 3 to 4 years to help out Naughton and Schache whilst also mentoring then.
Id be guessing their future first would be between 6-12 , no idea how you think they could drop off as bad as your predicting as they are still a fairly young team

if the saints moved to timbuktu i would still support them,so why would i change to a processed cheese factory team if i already support a team in the comp?that is the exact reason why,if you supported the broncos then switched to the storm,then if the saints move to tassie & you switched to the bombers,then you would be consistent,but lacking integrity,no i will stick with my team thankyou very much & those rules dont change for the nrl or afl,thats consistency and INTEGRITY

im a victorian

I still support Balmain even though we have the Cowboys now.
Although I have a massive soft spot for the Boys.
And I refuse to refer to Balmain as west’s tigers oops.

I totally disagree with that. Grundy dominated the ruck, it was his mids that didn't work hard enough. It shows no matter how god your ruck is, guys who win the ball are gold. Richmond have Nank and Soldo doing the bulk of the ruck on their own and both are utilitarian at best. Nank is at least good around the ground and can rove his own ball.
Spot on Gringo , the pies mids were pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally disagree. Giants were tactically better around the stoppages by utilizing Grundys dominance. It shows you it doesn't matter the calibre of the players in there, it's about tactics and game plan.

Yep.

Grundy had 73 HO. Massive.

GWS smashed the clearances 54-35. Why? Pies had the more talented midfield by far.

GWS weren't looking to win the ruck. They just wrestled and poked and kneed and bumped into Grundy the whole game and sharked his taps.

Mumford was diving for tackles left and right in the final minutes and sold some top shelf candy, to Pendles of all people, because he was fresh. He had been rotated out.

Grundy on the other hand was buggered. Barely jogging to contests. The umpires had to wait 2-3 times to throw the ball up because Grundy was lagging behind.

His stats look insane. His impact was zero.
LOL , Boy oh Boy ,

Totally disagree. Giants were tactically better around the stoppages by utilizing Grundys dominance. It shows you it doesn't matter the calibre of the players in there, it's about tactics and game plan.

They have guys like Hopper and Taranto who are like coal miners in tight. They just set up their good mids around the stoppages. Tactically that's what you imagine is common sense. Collingwood mids stood around waiting for others to get the ball for them, too many hanging back off the contest waiting for a cheapy out the back. Players like Mihocek who is usually a gun didn't get a touch before 3/4 time either. Stephenson was rubbish too.

I still support Balmain even though we have the Cowboys now.
Although I have a massive soft spot for the Boys.
And I refuse to refer to Balmain as west’s tigers oops.
exactly,you are consistent and have integrity & no matter where the saints go,if they went anywhere you would follow them,this other guy will soon reply that he would also stick with the saints,but he will not concede that he is applying 2 different rules to the same situation,assuming he did follow another nrl side,he made the switch to the storm because they are a melbourne/victorian team,so following that rule,if the saints moved to tassie or anywhere else,he would trot down to his local afl store to get fitted out for a beannie,scarf & a heap of crap for the kids in his new teams colors,consistent but no integrity,he cant have it both ways,you barrack/support a team for the team or for the location,i support a team for the team & so do you,kudos

Looking at the finals so far, all the finalists have elite kicking field skills in their teams, and that's one big problem for us. None of our mids have penetrating kicks and can't pinpoint targets with confidence. Don't know how that's fixed but it is a big factor in us getting up the ladder.

Ideally we wouldn't lose Bruce but if we did I think the best realistic stretch outcome would be, pick 12 for Bruce and our future 3rd. I don't see the dogs involving 12 though. Another outcome which I don't mind but many will probably hate is (picks below are after academies etc);

Dogs pick 32 & future 2nd for Bruce & future 4th - equivalent to around pick 19-20. That then gets us another pick we need for all these trades, plus it leaves us with a half decent pick to take to the draft. As it stands our first pick in this years draft is likely to be ~68!

Steven for 35
Newnes compo ~25
Bruce and future 4th ~62 for dogs 32 & future 2nd ~35

Hill 6
Jones 25
Keath 35
Ryder 57
Gray future second (from dogs) ~35

Take to draft 32, 68, 77
No way we get 25 for Newnes. 37 at best but more likely 42 or 55.

They have guys like Hopper and Taranto who are like coal miners in tight. They just set up their good mids around the stoppages. Tactically that's what you imagine is common sense. Collingwood mids stood around waiting for others to get the ball for them, too many hanging back off the contest waiting for a cheapy out the back. Players like Mihocek who is usually a gun didn't get a touch before 3/4 time either. Stephenson was rubbish too.
That's not a tactic gringo it's called positioning. Big difference. Miocheck is a key forward not a HFF how moves up 20 m from the stoppage. He was just s**t

With us having targets but little to trade with does anyone think it is worth a risk and trading our future 1st rounder to someone like GWS. Thinking in return we could get Pick 17/18 and Tomlinson Compo (assuming its end of first round)? I know there is talk that they want to try and climb up the points ladder for their academy kid but is it worth a look given their success this year. I also dont see them climbing that high with those 2 picks in this years draft. Might be better off getting a bunch of lower pointers to get there.
A risky move if we don't go so well in 2020 but wouldn't be opposed to backing us in. Would enable us to get our targets but also a young kid that is not at Pick 68 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back