List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we are going to fit Hill, Ryder, Jones, Keath and I. Smith in our salary cap?

I guess we are trading Steven and Bruce which will clear lot of salary space.

Wouldn’t mind Ryder in as it gives us greater flexibility and ability to ensure players don’t burn out during games. Could run something like this in terms of rotation allows us to keep Ruck dominance, fwd structure and well rested key players at all times.

Start:
FF: King
HFF: Membrey
R: Marshall
B: Ryder

1:
Ryder-> R
Marshall-> FF
Membery-> HFF
King -> Bench

2:
King-> HFF
Membrey -> Bench
Ryder -> FF
Marshall -> Ruck

3:
Marshall -> Bench
Ryder -> Ruck
Membrey-> HFF
King -> FF

Wouldn’t mind Ryder in as it gives us greater flexibility and ability to ensure players don’t burn out during games. Could run something like this in terms of rotation allows us to keep Ruck dominance, fwd structure and well rested key players at all times.

Start:
FF: King
HFF: Membrey
R: Marshall
B: Ryder

1:
Ryder-> R
Marshall-> FF
Membery-> HFF
King -> Bench

2:
King-> HFF
Membrey -> Bench
Ryder -> FF
Marshall -> Ruck

3:
Marshall -> Bench
Ryder -> Ruck
Membrey-> HFF
King -> FF
interesting but need to keep in mind that full forwards and CHFs generally play 90+ % gametime.

How we are going to fit Hill, Ryder, Jones, Keath and I. Smith in our salary cap?

Plus Newnes free agent, retirments of Armitage, Roberton, McCartin and possibly Brown off the list. Armitage in particular was on a big $$$ so there will be plenty of room.

interesting but need to keep in mind that full forwards and CHFs generally play 90+ % gametime.

Yeh I did think that, King may be the one next year who due to limited games over the past 2 years (and none at AFL) only spends 80%ish on ground so he is able to adjust and doesn’t tire towards back end of the year

We could fit them in without losing Stuv or Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have guys like Hopper and Taranto who are like coal miners in tight. They just set up their good mids around the stoppages. Tactically that's what you imagine is common sense. Collingwood mids stood around waiting for others to get the ball for them, too many hanging back off the contest waiting for a cheapy out the back. Players like Mihocek who is usually a gun didn't get a touch before 3/4 time either. Stephenson was rubbish too.

Hopper and Taranto.
"I had a dream, where a player was judged, not on his outside run and receiving ability, but his ability to dig into a contest and extract the ball, I had a dream."

Before Satan started his trade raid, I was hoping we would make a bold play for one of these two. Just what we need for next September.

"There's still time, Satan, I had a dream!" (yeah! testify brother!)

I see I've been Sandra'd. I came on here to suggest that if we are to lose bruce to WB that we go after their 2020 1st.

They get to use this year's pick and next year get a top 5 academy prospect for junk coz they've already sold off their 1st.

We get an extra 1st next year so we go to the table with 2 x 2020 1sts for Bing / Whitfield etc.

Bruce, our 2020 2nd for WB 2020 1st and 2nd

Win /win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopper and Taranto.
"I had a dream, where a player was judged, not on his outside run and receiving ability, but his ability to dig into a contest and extract the ball, I had a dream."

Before Satan started his trade raid, I was hoping we would make a bold play for one of these two. Just what we need for next September.

tenor-24.gif

Does Ryder come as a FA?

He’s OOC but not a free agent. From memory the AFL disallowed his free agency status because he cancelled the last two years of his contract with Essendon and they tried to classify him as a free agent so they’d get compensation when he moved to Port. Other clubs got annoyed and he never became one.

But he will only cost a third or maybe even fourth round pick.

Steven hardly played and we finished 14th, we just got over the line in most of the matches won and got soundly beaten by quite a few including a rebuilding Sydney nearly doubling our score in the last round. Collingwood finished in the bottom 4 with much better midfields than we have even with those inclusions. We need to have all areas covered to be finals competitive not just some.

I can't see how we kick a winning score when we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the competition and we lose a guy who is a top 10 goal kicker in the league, our second highest scorer and the next best is Matty Parker on 16. We are relying on a heap of luck.
Agree with you, but am also super excited for Matty Parker. Very good return for his 1st season!!!

The prevailing narrative seems to be that Jack Steven is past his best, but there is a good chance he will get 3 Brownlow votes for his games against Gold Coast and Fremantle on Monday night.

It is extremely hard to get a BOG in any game, and doubly so when you aren’t match fit, so this tells me that when Jack is fully fit he will be immediately back to his brilliant best. I’m really hoping he decides to stay with us as a pick in the 30’s or 40’s doesn’t do justice to his potential match winning abilities.

Here’s hoping Chris Scott’s deflating remarks the other night come back to bite him and Jack decides to remain where he is fully appreciated.

Jury’s out for me with Parker. Exciting player but is he consistent enough? Needs to play a bit smarter too. Interested to see how he goes under a new coaching group.

Youre a tough marker given it is first year at the level. He has the courage, skills and speed and will learn and get better next year.

I totally disagree with that. Grundy dominated the ruck, it was his mids that didn't work hard enough. It shows no matter how god your ruck is, guys who win the ball are gold. Richmond have Nank and Soldo doing the bulk of the ruck on their own and both are utilitarian at best. Nank is at least good around the ground and can rove his own ball.
This.

One of Roma's great attributes is that he likes to take it away from the ruck contest if he is able. Cuts the midfielder out of the clearance.

Jury’s out for me with Parker. Exciting player but is he consistent enough? Needs to play a bit smarter too. Interested to see how he goes under a new coaching group.
Interested to see how he goes after multiple pre-seasons.

I see I've been Sandra'd. I came on here to suggest that if we are to lose bruce to WB that we go after their 2020 1st.

They get to use this year's pick and next year get a top 5 academy prospect for junk coz they've already sold off their 1st.

We get an extra 1st next year so we go to the table with 2 x 2020 1sts for Bing / Whitfield etc.

Bruce, our 2020 2nd for WB 2020 1st and 2nd

Win /win

theres every chance that trade could backfire on us if dogs are top 3 and we are bottom 3

theres every chance that trade could backfire on us if dogs are top 3 and we are bottom 3

True. But there's risks in everything. We shouldn't be planning for being crap even if it's a possibility

Dogs could end up 8th and we could be 9th.

Hopper and Taranto.

Like a pair of truffle pigs on crystal meth. Would love just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back