List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a myth you have to be super tall to play key back. It’s more about size. McGovern is 190cm. Rance 194cm. Wood is 192cm reads the ball super and has the frame to out body opponents.
I'd agree with this! Reading of the play, guile and body positioning are the most important attributes!
Also there tends to be less monsters forward these days with clubs preferring more agile players that can get up the ground more!
Another recent good example was Gibson from Hawthorn and it was even true back in the day with guys like Barker, David Grant and Max
All who did sterling jobs as key defenders!

My concern though is with Wood playing defence! Seen him be a pretty handy forward on his day, can't say i've witnessed him at all down back!

The Keath injury doesn't help us one bit. They will be confident they can get him for a 3rd round pick now.

They'll look to keep 13 now IMO and either upgrade 32 or throw in another pick.
Let's hope they get Keath for a 3rd pick..!
When you consider the terms the Dogs have offered Bruce, they'll blink & give up pick 13 with a 2nd or 3rd FRP heading back IMO..
They have tunnel vision for Bruce, so they'll concede pick 13 to get there man..:padlock:
Trade period throws up all sorts of trades where some clubs have to pay overs to fulfill their wishlist...

Last edited:
this is interesting

That big fish I am hearing Carlton could be looking at is Eagles midfielder Andrew Gaff. Gaff is an interesting tale after re-signing with the Eagles after declining North Melbourne’s godfather offer last year. The Herald Sun reported a week ago that Gaff has an exit clause that makes him eligible for free agency again if he chooses to utilise it – and this time would be as an unrestricted free agent.

Andrew Gaff

We are in quite a luxurious position when it comes to key positions this trade period.
If Howard nominates us we can afford to enter a 3 way trade with Bruce leaving which let’s Howard join our defence and Battle go forward. If he doesn’t nominate us we can hold Bruce if required. If Ben King eventuates again he could either take a spot forward or back with Battle as that swingman option.

Just needs those inside mids now

Have had two torn meniscus operations on knees in my forties.

Simple op. Both fine two week after the op. Have run three half marathons since, never had a problem.

Would say it is almost nothing.
Thanks for the info

Not sure where your getting the huge upgrade from , on parker and young yes , Not long
What has Long ever done to achieve this inflated reputation amongst St Kilda supporters? He is currently a very average AFL player, and after 30 games has shown nothing to suggest he will make it.

Looks like we can expect a week of boredom after James Gallaghers comments yesterday. (Either that or he's a bit of a comedian)

He basically said he expected to spend 3 or 4 hours meeting with the other List managers yesterday, make a few phone calls over the next week or so and then get back together for a trading frenzy next Wednesday.

What has Long ever done to achieve this inflated reputation amongst St Kilda supporters? He is currently a very average AFL player, and after 30 games has shown nothing to suggest he will make it.
Im not saying Long is a star , far from it and thats my point , Butler is not much better if at all

Pretty damning reports from Adelaide with Alex Keath, both dogs and saints medical staff finding the fracture in his lower leg which they advised required immediate surgery

Crows thought he was fine and had him scheduled in to start preseason running whilst overseas

Keath and his management then returned to Adelaide, where they advised the Crows who, against their own judgment, decided to go ahead with the surgery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom line is he kicks more goals than those guys. His goal average in 2017+18 is better than anything Long or Parker have produced so far.

Ok but Richmond also tend to have a better midfield and get the ball into their fifty better as well.

If the ever ongoing plan ala Gresch and a host of jacks is to turn small forwards into midfielders Parker looks good on a wing.

I just think we should look to upgrade the midfield directly

Long does some good things in a game to show that he has the skills to be a gun but not the application whereas Lonie scraps around like an angry ant and shows that he will never be much.

Haha, jack martins start price is a first rounder.

The guy literally has the onfield resume of jack sinclair, in addition to the same scope for improvement as sinclair.

Imagine coughing up anything close to a first rounder for jack sinclair!

Thank you carlton- you are the gift that keeps on giving... enjoy those 8 touches a week of magic from martin. Haha.

I'd agree with this! Reading of the play, guile and body positioning are the most important attributes!
Also there tends to be less monsters forward these days with clubs preferring more agile players that can get up the ground more!
Another recent good example was Gibson from Hawthorn and it was even true back in the day with guys like Barker, David Grant and Max
All who did sterling jobs as key defenders!

My concern though is with Wood playing defence! Seen him be a pretty handy forward on his day, can't say i've witnessed him at all down back!
That's my thoughts.. Now Wood isn't going to solve the water crisis in the world, but he could be a handy pick-up. He hasn't played down back at senior level, but there are definitely thoughts he can, or play a swing man type of roll. He's certainly not our top priority, but his name has come up a couple of times at the club.. so has to be somewhere on the radar.

The two towers

Can't wait for the romantic reunion

It's these types of articles and media beat-up that makes you wonder why GC don't just trade him this year and come out with an explosive tirade against the club, player and afl - making it harder for the likes of Lukosius to leave next year. King's value could go up next year, but he's also out of contract..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back