• Fair for both Clubs

Votes: 52 70.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Parfitt already shows more now than Caddy ever did. He was very fortunate to even be in their 17 flag team; probably their bottom 3. He is an opportunist at best.
Um ive never seen parfit play a game like caddy did against footscrsy where he had like 37 touches and was side stepping players at will. Nor has parfitt played a game like caddys final against nth.

Um ive never seen parfit play a game like caddy did against footscrsy where he had like 37 touches and was side stepping players at will. Nor has parfitt played a game like caddys final against nth.
Either have I. Seen Caddy do that.

If Parfitt pulled out a 46 goal season like Caddy has, I'd be pinching myself.
How would Parfitt go at Richmond?
How did Caddy go at Geelong? He was behind all of Danger, Duncan, Selwood, Menegola, and possibly in his mind, Scooter, and maybe even Guthrie.

I am happy with what we got for Kelly.

Now I think we need to take these picks to the draft, and not trade them away.

The only trade I would accept if we traded 14 and 24 to get say, a Pick 9 or a Pick 6, for example. If we give a couple of picks to move into the top ten, then it should be considered.

But we shouldn't use anything higher than 37 for Jack Steven.

Don't forget, not only do we have these picks in the Kelly deal, but he have our own pick, Pick 17, as well, meaning that we can go to the draft with Pick 14, 17, 24, and 37 (as well as next year's first rounder) (unless we upgrade a pick, as explained before).

But we shouldn't give up any of these picks for players, unless Nat Fyfe or Brodie Grundy or someone of that ilk wants to come to Geelong.

If Parfitt pulled out a 46 goal season like Caddy has, I'd be pinching myself.
As you say, "pulled out". it certainly is the outlier cf all his other seasons. But, yes, impressive goals in 18, and 37 possessions again impressive.
All I knew back when we had him, I was not at all upset when he left for Richmond. His 37 possession game was with us, and it did not leave a lasting impression. But despite rarely missing a game for years, I could be wrong about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 Caddy against dogs 171 CD points
2018 Parfitt against Saints 164 CD points
Certainly hasn't matched the output of Caddy just yet, and may never, but he has pulled one out of the box, just like Caddy has.

Spot on - and i reckon in a real gun side - he would play half forward - he wouldnt play midfield

In that 4 minute highlight package which is on the internet - of his 2 seasons with the Cats - they havent got his best goal - and that was the one against the Suns - in Qld - that was a brilliant crumbing goal off the pack - mercurial is the word to describe that bit of play - and thats what he would be capable of - if he was played permanently forward

Ive got no problem with him leaving given the circumstances - Geel got well compensated - and Kelly is a likeable person

But i think it is a huge risk re his football career - i mean Eagles supporters think Kelly is the missing part of the jigsaw - and they are basically saying that with Kelly they will be playing Rich in next years GF . The thing about Kelly - is he isnt quick - and has struggled with the hard tag - there will be enormous pressure on him next year - the money they are paying - and their supporter expectations of him - they are expecting huge things from him - the missing piece to get the flag

Best analogy i can give ( in my opinion ) is they have recruited a Brett Heady type to go into their midfield . Heady would go into the Eagles midfield now and again - most notably the 92 GF - where he got thown in their - and played very well against Paul Couch . However Headys best position by far was around the goals - because he was clever and super dangerous around the goals - and that is Tim Kelly to a tee . In a super strong team Kelly would be played as a permanent forward - with only the occasional run on the ball

Didn't struggle in the Gold Coast game. I know what you're saying though.

IMO, if sides want to tag Kelly in 2020 they'll have to choose which of Gaff, Yeo and Shuey they aren't going to tag. Can't tag all of them.

Certainly hasn't matched the output of Caddy just yet, and may never, but he has pulled one out of the box, just like Caddy has.
Parfitts game was very good. High twenty touch game.

Caddys was better though.

Parfits only had over 25 touches twice. Caddy would at least be a dozen and all bar 2 were before he went to richmond (i.e. pre injury).

Parfitt was 19yrs old for this game, Caddy was 23.

Caddy's best game at 19 was 27 touches, 3 marks and 2 tackles against the Dogs.

Parfitt's best at that age was way better than Caddy's.

Caddy was tried in the middle (big mid), but he did not perform up to expectations. He had no feel for dishing it off. He looked like he was playing a game of British Bulldog when he got the ball. Never got it out, and always ended up under the pack. Looked ok on the flank. He kept at it, and in some role playing games as a mid he started to do ok. One game, half the mids we had were out injured so he played a lead role. That was the 37 possession game against the Bulldogs. But they never let him play that lead mid role again. His papers were marked.

Parfitt has been in system three years. Caddy getting on towards a decade, Parfitt has shown more rated year but year than caddy. I can barely remember Caddy, especially that Geelong media gumf from ‘16 calling him grunt. The perfect moment to describe him was HT’s pass to him where he was out the back in the ‘16 QF.

Prefer Parfitt over him any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If folks want to discuss Parfitt vs Caddy there's threads that better fit that line of talk and it's not in the TK trade thread

Can we please get discussion back on track

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back