List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 2nd is not coming back - Sainters are gonna have to decide how much they're prepared to pay through the nose.
If you're lucky you may be able to squeeze a 3rd back - Bell will be ice cold here, he knows that the Freo fans will not be unhappy if Hill stays.

Such a wonderful club... get a bloke for unders for compassionate reasons...

Hold a bloke to ransom to get massive overs...

It's only his marriage on the line after all.

Purple scum.

Last edited:
If we get P13 or future 1st for Bruce I’d imagine trading 2 x 1st’s with a 2nd coming back for Hill (to use on Jones) would be on the cards.

If a contracted Hill is worth two 1st’s surely a contracted Bruce is worth one?!

And no, I’m not softening my stance RE Hill but I’m looking at the overall net gain.

The Wines talk was shut down this morning. Won’t happen.

Like the idea of Stuv & 12 for 17 & 24.

17 & next year’s 1st for Hill & next years 2nd.

24 for Jones.

18 for Howard & Ryder.

76 for Butler.

Bruce & next year’s 2nd (Freo pick) for Dogs next years 1st & 3rd.

Keep Stuv or use 37 on Bonar time.

Go into 2020 with a full suite of picks (our 1st out, Dogs 1st in).
Doubt doggies will be trading 2020 1st year. Need it for points

More chance of you guys landing 13 this year IMO

What I don’t understand is why we haven’t come out and said “ok doggies, you want Bruce? Fine - get us a first rounder and he’s yours”

if freo port and Geelong can all make huge demands to release their stars, why not us??

Honestly don’t care about it myself , get it done ...let Bell run around saying we won trade period
after losing 2 of the best 3 players on your list in last 2 years.

Amazing offer from Gold Coast ..thought that they wouldn’t go that high for extension.
Down side is Luko.....wants the same coin too , salary cap will be maxed in 18 months .

As for selling Max laughable.

Keep repeating myself , draft picks just a game , unknown long time development particularly next 2 years
weakest draft period in 10 years.
Facts are if Steven / Bruce go .we are nearly the youngest list yet we have players
coming in that are the 23 - 26 years already able to impact , think we are well placed
providing we get these guys in...fine tune list again ...next year.

Don’t share the negative at all.
The afl will make sure the salary cap is taken care of I’m afraid.. and they’ll do the same thing with Rowell & Anderson. Pay them ambassador wages outside of the cap. They’ll sure up the core group for years. That’s why we were trying to get Bing this year - to stop the uncertainty of the AFL. But they beat us to it. In a big way.

They also had one of the greatest hands and pulled in one of the greatest hauls ever in a couple of consecutive superdrafts. Completely different situations lmao.

and traded in Brian Lake , Jack Gunston , James Frawley , Ben McEvoy all players of need .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don’t understand is why we haven’t come out and said “ok doggies, you want Bruce? Fine - get us a first rounder and he’s yours”

if freo port and Geelong can all make huge demands to release their stars, why not us??

We probably have told them, but unlike Freo and Geelong we don’t parade private negotiations in the media.

It says a lot. Actions not words. Like walking out of a meeting after 2 minutes then the idiot on the other side of the table gets greedy.

The afl will make sure the salary cap is taken care of I’m afraid.. and they’ll do the same thing with Rowell & Anderson. Pay them ambassador wages outside of the cap. They’ll sure up the core group for years. That’s why we were trying to get Bing this year - to stop the uncertainty of the AFL. But they beat us to it. In a big way.

Yeah been a while since 5 players have requested trade to us too.

Like the idea of Stuv & 12 for 17 & 24.

17 & next year’s 1st for Hill & next years 2nd.

24 for Jones.

18 for Howard & Ryder.

76 for Butler.

Bruce & next year’s 2nd (Freo pick) for Dogs next years 1st & 3rd.

Keep Stuv or use 37 on Bonar time.

Go into 2020 with a full suite of picks (our 1st out, Dogs 1st in).
Like it but not sure Freo will accept given the bid for Henry.

You'd think 12 will have to go to Freo at the very least.

Like it but not sure Freo will accept given the bid for Henry.

You'd think 12 will have to go to Freo at the very least.
Yeah agreed. If we trade out of pick 12 that to me says we're not interested in getting Hill.

Can't see it happening tbh

Because they dont have 5 players who nominated them who we are trying to bring in.

Fact: If Bruce and Stuv stay then theres a chance the Hill/Jones/Howard/deals dont get done either.

We arent in a great position for pure Players In, Picks Out deals. We need the incoming picks from those deals and I reckon the Club knows it.

Saints aren't sh1tstiring in the media. It's a total waste of time and energy.
Lethers and Gubby are rightly focused on dealing..

Yeah been a while since 5 players have requested trade to us too.
If we can land them all, will be the best trade period for many many years. Transforms our list immediately for next year. Just disappointed it’s continually us the afl screws over with their expansion clubs.

But mids is what we needed the most and mids we’re getting ( hopefully ).

Why?

The whole thought process is because he barracked for the Saints and wants to play with his brother. But is this really valid?
- How many players swap clubs to play for their childhood team? Has there actually been one where that was the reason?
- How many players swap clubs to play with their brother? Hill did, but now is off again. Also Hill did not swap clubs to be with his brother. He wanted to get to WA though it may have helped him decide on Freo over WCE.

When really the best chance is him getting homesick. At present like any young buck he is probably enjoying the freedom of being away from mum and dad, especially as he is a cashed up young buck. Moreso after re-signing early.
the romantic notion is just that romance ... why Ben would be considering St Kilda is more in line to the fact since before he had been drafted the saints have been working with the king family ... we have been putting our hooks in for a long time ... when Ben was drafted to the GCS it was Tony Brown talking to the family with both Ben and Max there while the GC representitives were nowhere to be seen ... there was a slight opening to jump early and rightly we had a sniff ... that opening will come again and we will again have a dip .. it may come off it may not but sort of something extraordianry happening we will be sniffing around every time there is any incling that Ben is ready to leave gold coast ....

We need the incoming picks from those deals and I reckon the Club knows it.

As do the Dogs and Cats who will just sit tight and put the squeeze on if we get desperate, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back