List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they dont have 5 players who nominated them who we are trying to bring in.

Fact: If Bruce and Stuv stay then theres a chance the Hill/Jones/Howard/deals dont get done either.

We arent in a great position for pure Players In, Picks Out deals. We need the incoming picks from those deals and I reckon the Club knows it.
Not if we are willing to trade a future first. Now that King has signed it's opened up all the deals.

Hill and 22 for 12 and a future first
22 for Jones
18 for Howard and Ryder
5th rounder for Butler

This means we can hold off on both of those deals.

Depends what headspace you are in in the first place.
Everyone likes to feel valued, and when you’re already feeling a little fragile and possibly desperate to move, I think it may affect you. Besides which, Chris Scott did make some pretty personal comments on AFL 360.
Yeah but it's just to get the price down, anyone would see that.

Jack Steven has probably been told by Scott that whatever he hears Scott say in the media is just that, and that in truth Scott does value him and would be wrapt to have him in the Cats team. It might even be true.

He probably told Steven early doors to avoid the media and if he took a listen, to disregard everything.

Ming and Pick 12 for Picks 1 and 2? Let's make it happen!!
that would be madness ... you dont throw away a potential generational player just because you didnt land the identical copy .... Robert harvey mentioned on Thursday that he would have been all in to get Ben King if he was St Kilda that that kind of talent you move everything to lock in ... especially when you also have the brother who is even better....

Jack Steven has probably been told by Scott that whatever he hears Scott say in the media is just that, and that in truth Scott does value him and would be wrapt to have him in the Cats team. It might even be true.

He probably told Steven early doors to avoid the media and if he took a listen, to disregard everything.

You obviously give Scott more credit than I do.

And honestly, if Stuv does want to go, you’d *hope he would want the club that gave him everything career-wise and that is willing to let him go, to at least be fairly compensated.

*Or maybe I’m just overly sentimental.

Jack would be paying no attention to what is happening atm.. he knows he is getting to the Cats and he takes no notice of this stuff.

As do the Dogs and Cats who will just sit tight and put the squeeze on if we get desperate, unfortunately.

If we decide Bruce is not a high priority to trade out because the Hill deal stalls and we are happy with Howard/Ryder, Butler and Jones (who can all be done with what we have now) then watch the Bulldogs get edgy.

Don’t forget they really want him and have offered him plenty.

Doubt doggies will be trading 2020 1st year. Need it for points

More chance of you guys landing 13 this year IMO

Agree.

Problem is that Dogs want both Bruce and Keath, but are not willing to trade for both at a fair rate at present.

If they want to keep all their 2020 picks for Academy players then they need to move on 13 in some way if they are serious about gaining both players.

Agree.

Problem is that Dogs want both Bruce and Keath, but are not willing to trade for both at a fair rate at present.

If they want to keep all their 2020 picks for Academy players then they need to move on 13 in some way if they are serious about gaining both players.
This is what i don't get. If the doggies get Bruce and Keath like many expect, it's going to give their club an enormous chance next year - possibly top four.

Therefore, why are they worried about a relatively late first round pick when they could seal both deals with this pick?

In the time it took me to paint my back fence there was a massive zero trades happen. Blistering stuff
The Saints global hate fest is entertaining anyway.
Those pesky Saints bastards think they gonna get off the canvas eh. Who dafaq do they think they are?

I say, let the hate flow Kent's!
Feels a whole lot better than pity!

Loving how everyone is demanding a decent pick for Bruce on the basis of the big coin the Dogs are throwing at him

...an argument mysteriously missing when we did likewise to Hanners this time last year and wanted him for a song

Because the Swans salary cap was stuffed. They needed a salary dump quickly.

I love how we are all so reasonable about Bing, trying to pretend the entire board hasn't spent the last 12 months writing erotic fiction about him joining the saints.

We look like idiots, if we don't land Hill, even moreso.

We are going to need to have a very fruitful 2 and a half days. I haven't seen anything from Leathers that suggests he's the man to take us forward. I really hope I'm wrong about him.
there has litterally been 3 trades this period so far one involving us ... calm down and wait for it all to play out ... theres a lot hinging on one or to player changes once that falls then in a flurry we will see trades happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving how everyone is demanding a decent pick for Bruce on the basis of the big coin the Dogs are throwing at him

...an argument mysteriously missing when we did likewise to Hanners this time last year and wanted him for a song
I couldn't care less what the dogs are throwing at him - I want a decent pick because 32 is not enough. I admit 13 is too good, so if they could somehow trade for an early 20's pick, we have a deal IMO.

there has litterally been 3 trades this period so far one involving us ... calm down and wait for it all to play out ... theres a lot hinging on one or to player changes once that falls then in a flurry we will see trades happen
It looks like everything is being held up by the Daniher trade - once that one is done, it will just cascade from there. All other big deals require big currecny that won't be available until that gets done.

Difference there was that the Swans were desperate to clear up cap space. Hanners also was happy to not leave the Swans, it was mutually beneficial for both teams. Big difference there.

If we decide Bruce is not a high priority to trade out because the Hill deal stalls and we are happy with Howard/Ryder, Butler and Jones (who can all be done with what we have now) then watch the Bulldogs get edgy.

Don’t forget they really want him and have offered him plenty.

Hill is easily the most important of the 5.

Daylight, then Howard.

Daylight, then Jones

and then a fair bit back Ryder (stop gap pick up) and Butler (roll of the dice whether he is better than any of our many small forwards).

Now I am not saying we should pay a ridiculous trade price for Hill, but of the 5 he is the one who IMO would improve us the most.

As our 2020 picks have opened up we can land any player now. It is just that using 2020 picks you loose a bit more as you have to discount their value.

I take your point on locking in some trades now, but Howard and Hill are the two key deals and both clubs want offers.

Trading for Jones now means also then paying overs as we do not have the right pick to trade.

Remember that Foxtel televises the last hour or two don't they? The AFL will probably be holding up all trades to make it good viewing knowing them.
Yeah they’re looking for a ratings bonanza.

Bringing in the folk behind Australia’s latest hit reality show to give it some real pizazz

jASS48z.jpg

PS: The one on the left is Ben King in a shock last minute twist 😉

Lukocious and Bing getting a mill a year. AFL assisted.

How could 19 y.o's knock that back?

Thats ridiculous! So much for an even playing field, the corrupt bastards...

Its time this kind of behaviour by the AFL is fully exposed in the media - its in complete contempt of its own equalisation policy!

Last edited:
this trade period is unbelievably slow
just like the last one and the one before that and next years aand the one after .... sometimes i think its litterally a junket for player managers most deals have been nutted out for months now days its just turns into a dick measuring contest over the first week followed by a flurry at the end
also with a dedicated media department now days i reckon they inflate conversations as trades in works that are actually not going to happen ... its all just a con to keep us engaged in footy for another month ... and it bloody works :)

Hill is easily the most important of the 5.

Daylight, then Howard.

Daylight, then Jones

No question. And as time goes on I feel like we have completely outsmarted ourselves. I hope we can get this trade period back on track but at the moment it is looking like a complete **** up.

just like the last one and the one before that and next years aand the one after .... sometimes i think its litterally a junket for player managers most deals have been nutted out for months now days its just turns into a dick measuring contest over the first week followed by a flurry at the end
also with a dedicated media department now days i reckon they inflate conversations as trades in works that are actually not going to happen ... its all just a con to keep us engaged in footy for another month ... and it bloody works :)
Smart. :)

You mean that trade we got on the cheap because the Swans were desperate to shed cap space?

Yeah, identical situations :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back