Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said I took offence? I was kidding. I was listening to Gary and Tim's podcast not 30 seconds earlier and it was a reference to that.

Not sure how moaning about him on BigFooty is calling him out. Also not sure how a poor footy opinion makes someone a 'dickhead'.

You guys are taking yourselves way too seriously.
What other forum do you recommend to the general footy follower?

Can I get anybody else on the Worpel hype train?
For me, he’s had big moments and been able to be a consistent contributor. Signs of a future star. Future brownlow contender, and all round player. Bring back footy already, bring back Worpel, and bring back brown and gold glory.

For me, he’s had big moments and been able to be a consistent contributor. Signs of a future star. Future brownlow contender, and all round player. Bring back footy already, bring back Worpel, and bring back brown and gold glory.
He's ok, I guess.

Quality sells itself, no hype is needed.

Very excited to see what he delivers this year.

Last year he averaged 26.6 touches, 3.3 marks, 4.9 tackles and 0.4 goals per game.

This year I am hoping for 28.5 touches, 3.8 marks, 5.1 tackles and 0.5 goals per game.

Yours???

I'd be happy for him to maintain the same amount of production and improve his scoreboard impact. That should be the goal with Titch back in the lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very excited to see what he delivers this year.

Last year he averaged 26.6 touches, 3.3 marks, 4.9 tackles and 0.4 goals per game.

This year I am hoping for 28.5 touches, 3.8 marks, 5.1 tackles and 0.5 goals per game.

Yours???
Looks like he'd be stagnating

I'd be happy for him to maintain the same amount of production and improve his scoreboard impact. That should be the goal with Titch back in the lineup.

The Hawks insta page had some highlights recently which i think were for his birthday. The kid has seriously had some BIG moments in a short time. He is a gun and will still get better.

Agree if he can start kicking a goal a game then becomes even more valuable. He has won some massive one on ones up forward already which shows he can play there and is dangerous.

His numbers will be interesting with Titch back. Does Titch take possessions off him or does Titch feed him or vice versa? Will be interesting to see how the dynamic works. Either way having two serious ball winners means we improve through the midfield this season.

The Hawks insta page had some highlights recently which i think were for his birthday. The kid has seriously had some BIG moments in a short time. He is a gun and will still get better.

Agree if he can start kicking a goal a game then becomes even more valuable. He has won some massive one on ones up forward already which shows he can play there and is dangerous.

His numbers will be interesting with Titch back. Does Titch take possessions off him or does Titch feed him or vice versa? Will be interesting to see how the dynamic works. Either way having two serious ball winners means we improve through the midfield this season.
I’m pretty bullish about our midfield this year. Word is Jaegar set for a big one too when Titch returns.

I’m excited

Interested to see how James performs now with all the hype, kudos and attention. Glad Sam Mitchell is there to make sure he has his feet on the ground and continues to work hard and stay disciplined.

"Get a touch, Worps"

Worps got his PB in yesterday’s 2 km time trial so expect to see him get to more contests!
Sam Mitchell in his presser said Worpel is in the top 5 performers over the preseason in terms of training load. He is just an absolute workhorse. I expect he will get better again this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back