Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

BJK#5' post is spot on. If you're going to make these kind of comments without doing any research you can't complain when you're called out on it. At least, if you do, the respectable route is to admit fault, not double down on being a dickhead. Like I said in a post above "He only accepted that he was wrong when it became so blindingly obvious.".

It was both uneducated and (thus) wrong.

Pointing out to someone that they're wrong is fine IMO, but that wasn't all that it was, he was copping a lot of personal abuse too.

So why are you and so many others wasting so much time getting worked up about him?

Doesn't make sense. Don't like him? Ignore him. He's paid to make calls and his bosses prefer that those calls are controversial. Its the nature of the beast.

I dont get all the angst.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

The more people who call out dickheads for uneducated opinions the greater the chance that dickheads will make more of an effort to know what they are talking about.

The standard you walk passed is the standard you accept.

The more people who call out dickheads for uneducated opinions the greater the chance that dickheads will make more of an effort to know what they are talking about.

*past. Sorry for being a pedant. Just gotta keep the standards up

;)

The standard you walk passed is the standard you accept.

Exactly this, I'm a proponent of Free Speech and of people having the right to express whatever they'd like to express, but that does not preclude them from freedom of rebuttal.

Goddard's recent opinion pieces have been devoid of any genuine research and analysis, and it's downright offensive that he's being paid to spout so much drivel. He's a fantastic example that being skillful at something can quite often have an inverse relationship with actual knowledge about it.

What? I really don't understand how you've taken offense to that?

Who said I took offence? I was kidding. I was listening to Gary and Tim's podcast not 30 seconds earlier and it was a reference to that.

Not sure how moaning about him on BigFooty is calling him out. Also not sure how a poor footy opinion makes someone a 'dickhead'.

You guys are taking yourselves way too seriously.

Exactly this, I'm a proponent of Free Speech and of people having the right to express whatever they'd like to express, but that does not preclude them from freedom of rebuttal.

Goddard's recent opinion pieces have been devoid of any genuine research and analysis, and it's downright offensive that he's being paid to spout so much drivel. He's a fantastic example that being skillful at something can quite often have an inverse relationship with actual knowledge about it.

Oh come on now! This is getting ridiculous.

So why are you and so many others wasting so much time getting worked up about him?

Doesn't make sense. Don't like him? Ignore him. He's paid to make calls and his bosses prefer that those calls are controversial. Its the nature of the beast.

I dont get all the angst.

It's just a diuscussion point.

For the record, Goddard is a loser!

To change track, what do people expect of Worley this year? Ironically enough, I reckon performing at the same level as 2019 will be a bloody good achievement (despite that technically meaning he’d be stagnating...!).

Personally, would love to see him kick a few more goals. And maybe, if I’m stretching, start to see him using both feet a little more. With Sammy as his mentor, anything is possible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You genuinely think he puts in zero effort? Really??!

He placed Port Adelaide 9th on the defensive ladder because they conceded the 8th fewest points, but had the Hawks 10th despite conceding the 3rd fewest points.

He's either putting in no effort, or he's putting in effort to be terrible. It's your choice really.

To change track, what do people expect of Worley this year? Ironically enough, I reckon performing at the same level as 2019 will be a bloody good achievement (despite that technically meaning he’d be stagnating...!).

Personally, would love to see him kick a few more goals. And maybe, if I’m stretching, start to see him using both feet a little more. With Sammy as his mentor, anything is possible!
To round out & develop his game & to maybe extend his longevity down the line, I’d like to see him work on receiving the ball out of a stoppage & using his burst/fend-off to break away & deliver I50m. Not always be the guy that has to get the ball to be effective.

Not every player excels at it of course & maybe that isn’t in his kit bag, but it’d be handy if he could develop some ‘outside’ to his game.

Not sure how moaning about him on BigFooty is calling him out. Also not sure how a poor footy opinion makes someone a 'dickhead'.

You guys are taking yourselves way too seriously.
Was your comment not in the context of people calling him out on social media?

if you’re uneducated on a topic, but you want to get on a pedestal and spout an opinion on it you’re a dickhead. That’s a general rule in life.

You saw him start trying as the season wore on, to pull the kick or wait for the better option. He will be fitter, stronger and have more time on disposals. His running patterns will improve.

His efficiency will go up, disposals and meters game may not change due to not being as needed all the time in midfield, but when he is in watch him be slightly more damaging. If worpel is played as the 3rd string to Wingard and Mitchell, watch him do some serious damage.

You saw him start trying as the season wore on, to pull the kick or wait for the better option. He will be fitter, stronger and have more time on disposals. His running patterns will improve.

His efficiency will go up, disposals and meters game may not change due to not being as needed all the time in midfield, but when he is in watch him be slightly more damaging. If worpel is played as the 3rd string to Wingard and Mitchell, watch him do some serious damage.
Will be interesting to see what other teams do with their taggers. Assume they'll primarily go to TOM, but then JOM, Worps, and an emerging Chad.

Will be interesting to see what other teams do with their taggers. Assume they'll primarily go to TOM, but then JOM, Worps, and an emerging Chad.
That's the most interesting part to me, Mitchell is untagable, so teams will match up very differently. Wingard you may tag but it's a risky option when you look at the depth and wingers

That's the most interesting part to me, Mitchell is untagable, so teams will match up very differently. Wingard you may tag but it's a risky option when you look at the depth and wingers
I don't believe any player is unstoppable, and in terms of tagging, a lot depends upon how their teammates help them out. But yes, he's very hard to stop because he just competes better and more often than most other player can, and he's a master of getting a quick disposal away to his team's advantage.

Worpel's development into such a great ball-winning player gives us great versatility in the centre of the ground. He could become our most tagged player, but both he and Mitchell have a great knack of setting us up really well if they win the footy.

Anyone see the video “where will Worpel be for 2020”?
Mentioned he needs to lose some weight. Was hoping he would return fighting for, hopefully it’s just muscle...
(Not sure why everything is bold)

To be fair, you DO sound pretty bloody salty...
Your in the wrong place if your expecting to find members of tbe Goddard fan club.

Would it kill peolle to admit they made a s**t call.....it obviuosly does if your ego is as large as goddards.

Thats not how bigfooty works is it? Thats feeding the trolls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back