Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad & Chernobyl

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a ******* flaming pile of s**t if I've ever seen one. We deserved to lose that, got spanked at every aspect of the game after quarter time
Our keys were horrible.
May and Lever still look like they are coming back from injury, Smith should never play again. That was the most moronic defending I can remember and I'd actually rather Omac 🤮
Tmac looks ready to retire for * sake.

Basically a contested Bailey side, s**t hot when Carlton haven't even got to the G but when they actually rocked up we turned to piss water.

It's pretty clear that whatever magic in a bottle we found a couple years ago is gone.

Brothers,

starting to get the feeling I should not watch the game

sounds like we won’t be going anywhere with Goodwin at the helm and Neeld era players in the team

we like to be dominated, we need to be dominated

we are the chuck rhodes of the AFL

Hate to be negative but after the first quarter, jesus there was little to be happy about

Good

Rivers - really awesome first game, absolutely wrapped with this kid.

Trac - Was sublime all game, easily our best player.

Oliver - Great game, like Trac was good early and managed to maintain it for duration of the game

Bad

Gawn, absolute goliath in the first quarter and while was still good in the second, Carltons mids just read and roved his taps. Second half got ugly, he was beaten and outmuscled by a second rate ruckman.

Smith - yeah I get that hes been injured for god knows how long but he's pretty rubbish in defense and if he wasnt beaten in the contest, he gave away a free.

May - not convinced, was a weapon in the marsh series but barely hit a target kicking in defensively today.

Jones - never been a fan of him kicking it and today just time and again just blazes away and kicks it to no one

Tmac - did a couple of alright things but looks lost as a forward target. Is not far from losing his spot to Weideman

Ugly

Goodwin, content on that first quarter Simon was outcoached for the rest of the game. His response? Dont change anything, just continue and things will go okay. We should of lost, if your content with 4 points after that effort you're part of the problem.

That’s the exactly self congratulater talk I’m over hearing.

Nothing wrong with coming out and saying “we appreciate winning but we have a lot more work to do if we want to be a good side”

They’re shouldn’t be happy with that win at all, that’s exactly why us dees fans are so frustrated with this club and why they have a reputation accepting mediocrity and getting ahead of themselves
That's the thing we managed to get a decent lead but after that we couldn't even stem the tide. That game should have been a 20 point minimum. I get that Carlton were always going to come back but we couldn't even stop the momentum. We were very lucky in the second quarter that they weren't taking their chances and then we did and managed to get to a 41 point lead. 1 goal in the second half is just not acceptable. We need to be able to stop the momentum it was just Carlton ffs. It's frustrating knowing Melbourne weren't going to be able to respond to the challenge and you could hear it through Garry Lyons commentary. He wasn't trying to not be biased he just knew exactly what Melbourne are. There's something terribly wrong at the club, I believe we have the players yet they constantly s**t thr bec. This win feels like that 2013 win against gws it took a miracle last quarter to save the game (and neelds career) . Really getting sick of this team something needs to change.

Was expecting some tags about Hunt playing well because he kicked 3. One of the crappiest 3 goal games you'll see. Literally invisible outside of his goals. Can't drop a bloke who kicks 3 but I don't think he got a touch outside 50.
In hunts defense the team as a whole turn to s**t when the pressure was on. Hard for him to perform well when the backline started panicking and hack kicking it. Don't worry most of us didn't enjoy that win except for the fact that we were awful and still beat Carlton.

Brothers,

starting to get the feeling I should not watch the game

sounds like we won’t be going anywhere with Goodwin at the helm and Neeld era players in the team

we like to be dominated, we need to be dominated

we are the chuck rhodes of the AFL

I know we don’t agree on Goodwin.

I don’t feel the players are Neeld era, these guys have talent Neeld just had a makeshift team that he couldn’t coach at all.

I know your thoughts on Goodwin, but what are your thoughts on the playing group and how much responsibility should they take in a performance like that?

Arent you supposed to wake up in a better mood once the emotion is out of the game you just watched?

Lies I tell ya, LIES!

What a s**t show, we still are. The win the only thing stopping me from completely giving up on this team ala 2019 but I'm 98.97% of the way there.

Last edited:
I've actually never seen this board so dejected after a win. Rightly so by the way.

Goody is really lucky he won that. If we had gone 0-2 with that loss, and in a shortened season, the media would be all over him and I think the club would have lost a lot of fans.

One game after an unprecedented lay-off it is just good to get a win and not read into too much

But for * sake Lever and May would want to show a lot more

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Gawn's presser: "It's a tough competition, so we're just happy to take the win!"

Mate.

Just over a season ago we lost a prelim to the eventual premier at their home ground... we should be horrified to fall over Carlton by a point.
Yep. They should be filthy and show it. We’ve spent way too long celebrating mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've actually never seen this board so dejected after a win. Rightly so by the way.

Goody is really lucky he won that. If we had gone 0-2 with that loss, and in a shortened season, the media would be all over him and I think the club would have lost a lot of fans.
The club should still be under scrutiny for that performance. However I think the showdown result and the GC upset will divert the attention from us for the next week.

One game after an unprecedented lay-off it is just good to get a win and not read into too much

But for fu** sake Lever and May would want to show a lot more

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

You’d get a game for them with that attitude

All clubs are coming of the same preparation. It’s like saying after the round 1 loss, we had nothing to play for, funny that WCE managed to find something to play for.

If you don’t review what went wrong after 1/4 time yesterday then the season is done and dusted

The club should still be under scrutiny for that performance. However I think the showdown result and the GC upset will divert the attention from us for the next week.
It reminded me of the gws game 2013 of three basically neeld was already under pressure we were heading for an embarrassing loss and blitzed them in the last. No doubt a loss would have seen neeld out the door sooner. I'm not saying goodwin is anywhere near that level and he's proven to get the team to finals but if we continue to have poor performances questions will be asked of his cintract extension.

The media won't go near a team that's just won even if it's deserved.

Goodwin has absolutely no ability to adapt mid game, i actually like the list, but yhe game plan is shot and we have no agility in the box.

Apparently in the rooms they sang the song before Max or the two debutants got there....

******* MFC

Goodwin has absolutely no ability to adapt mid game, i actually like the list, but yhe game plan is shot and we have no agility in the box.

Apparently in the rooms they sang the song before Max or the two debutants got there....

******* MFC
Debutants were in the circle, not max though he was doing the tv interview

Maybe the only positive thing I can take out of the game is one piece of play.
Oliver picked up the ball on the HBF, shrugged a Cripps tackle then actually ran with the ball forward before dishing off a handball. Led to the goal for Petracca.

That's a step forward in his development. If he can back himself with the ball more often he's closer to the elite player he could be.

Side note on Trac. He was actually unreal. The type of game where he looked like a men against boys

In this uncertain era of global pandemics, social upheaval and geopolitical tensions, it's reassuring that some things never change.

One quarter of good football, general ineptitude and shiteness after that, and then calls for us to fold - it's the MFC comfort blanket.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tomlinson and Langdon missed it I think, or at least didn't get in the circle for their first win.
Bloody hell that's bad. You can just see us losing 5 in a row and the media using that vision as evidence of a torn club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back