Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not playing 3 ruckman none of whom can play forward well would be a start
Honestly would have preferred an underdone Kelly to Cameron at this point tbh. He has what, 2-3 games less experience?

He's kicked a goal in TWO of his EIGHT games...

Is he REALLY that capable?

Stop being obtuse.

He wasn't playing forward in all of those games. He was in the ruck, and up the ground taking marks on the wing.

He kicked two in the game he played against the mob we are playing against tomorrow.

A game in which we were pumped and had fewer inside 50s than we will have tomorrow night.

He's well worth a shot

So flat with the changes made.

One area that needed improving from last game was our midfield and centre clearances, yet we have neglected that and gone with our midfield group which has struggled for majority of the year.

Instead we have selected a ruckman to play as a key forward, who off previous form has struggled to kick goals and take marks i50.

I really hope it works, but I'm not at all confident. I can already see wce moving the ball and transitioning from d50 to f50 with ease (if we win a clearance that is).

Honestly would have preferred an underdone Kelly to Cameron at this point tbh. He has what, 2-3 games less experience?

Every day of the week.

To be honest, I’d rather Rocco come out of retirement. Just plonk him in the square.

Mayne I can understand. Cameron, no idea why.

So flat with the changes made.

One area that needed improving from last game was our midfield and centre clearances, yet we have neglected that and gone with our midfield group which has struggled for majority of the year.

Instead we have selected a ruckman to play as a key forward, who off previous form has struggled to kick goals and take marks i50.

I really hope it works, but I'm not at all confident. I can already see wce moving the ball and transitioning from d50 to f50 with ease (if we win a clearance that is).
I mean, there’s nobody to come in. We have some serious list issues which are well documented and why we sit 8th along with a putrid setup/style

I mean, there’s nobody to come in. We have Serious list issues which are well documented and why we sit 8th along with a putrid setup/style
Could we have brought in Sier? Wills even? Tyler Brown into the middle instead of a wing? Or one of our small forwards and pushed Pig into the middle? Anything other than a ruckman?

We could have brought in Sier,it would have made more sense than bringing Cameron back in.^I think Cameron’s been out of the seniors longer than Sier has,hasn't he?

Could we have brought in Sier? Wills even? Tyler Brown into the middle instead of a wing? Or one of our small forwards and pushed Pig into the middle? Anything other than a ruckman?
My only thought is sier isn’t quite match fit. If he simply wasn’t selected then pretty much sums up our selections this year...

I think with Stevo playing degoey May spend more time mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what everyone was expecting, the cupboard is bare. Mayne was always going to play given his experience. T Brown is young his time will come. People on here thinking Sier would make a difference, while he showed really good signs in 18' he has been injured and hasnt set the world on fire when he played this season, whilst the idea of him our next best mid coming in might have merit, he hasnt played seniors for ages off the injury. Would have taken a big effort for him to have any impact after so long out. Needs a preseason and a rocket up the arse because the talent is there.

Cameron in - its right to try something different vs wc. We need more talls to combat NN and their defence, i personally dont think Cameron is the answer but Reid is retired, Kelly has been out for months.

Very difficult to see us winning, hope the boys can atleast make it a game. As you can see by the ins, list management/drafting has been one of our biggest issues, and this game will expose the holes they have left us with, lack of a genuine kpf, genuine small forward crumber, a big body inside clearance mid and a winger with a bit of pace who can hit a target.

Back