Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So they bring in Shuey, Redden, McGovern & Cripps.
We bring in Cameron & Mayne.
Eagles must be shitting themselves. šŸ™„

Really only Howe & maybe Langdon are injured & we can only bring in Mayne & Cameron.
How the hell we have salary cap issues is beyond me.

Jesus H Christ is our selection committee's thinking really "well Cameron kicked a couple of goals the last time we got pantsed by this mob so he's an obvious inclusion this week"?

I mean s**t it's not like our midfield got stomped on (again) so bringing in a third bloke over 200cm just to clog up our already impotent forward line just that little bit more makes perfect sense...

Jesus H Christ is our selection committee's thinking really "well Cameron kicked a couple of goals the last time we got pantsed by this mob so he's an obvious inclusion this week"?

I mean sh*t it's not like our midfield got stomped on (again) so bringing in a third bloke over 200cm just to clog up our already impotent forward line just that little bit more makes perfect sense...

If thatā€™s an indication of the depth of your critical thinking on the issue no wonder youā€™re angry.

So they bring in Shuey, Redden, McGovern & Cripps.
We bring in Cameron & Mayne.
Eagles must be shitting themselves. šŸ™„

Really only Howe & maybe Langdon are injured & we can only bring in Mayne & Cameron.
How the hell we have salary cap issues is beyond me.
We would add Howe and sidey happily if we could...

Mayne was always coming in. Bucks glows about him

Ok with the omissions as T Brown is still young and getting his bearings and Varcoe is running on vapours these days.

Unlike most I donā€™t mind the Cameron inclusion. Playing small against the Eagles would work if we were delivering the ball quickly and chaotic inside 50... like we did in 2018 but that hasnā€™t been the case all year

And itā€™s not like our mid to small forwards are in form. Stephenson, Thomas, WHE, Elliot... all shadows of what they were in 2018. If left alone Cox, Mihocek and De Goey will struggle against the Eagles intercepting back line

So we play the extra tall. This way we can match up when the ball moves predictably and slowly and high into our forward line... like it has all year, we have another big body (whether itā€™s Cameron or a resting Grundy) in there to force a contest

And having Cameron in the side over a mid or mid sized forward allows us to move De Goey around more, rest Grundy up front more and throw Mihocek down back if needed.

So if this is the case what other big body is there? Mid sized Ruscoe? Lynch? Tohill? Kelly coming off injury who has played 3qtrs of footy and is still quite lean in frame? Reid is injured and retired.

Itā€™s Cameron that logically comes in if we need another big body. Cameron is serviceable. Itā€™s just an indictment on the club that he is the best we have to offer

Letā€™s try and remain positive. Thereā€™s a game to be won and the side has already been picked, so no amount of complaining will change anything.
The time for venting is when the season is over, and fingers crossed that not the case this time tomorrow.
Go Pies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we don't deserve them, because negative flogs don't appreciate them and only realise after they've retired that they were lucky to have them.

This is true of Saverio, Anthony, Chris and Travis.

If I was a 195cm+ forward I wouldn't come to Collingwood. Fluck that. Every time I missed a goal from 30m I'd get spat on by my own supporters as I walked off the field.

In short, I blame you, and your ilk.

If Will comes on, try to be a bit grateful maybe and perhaps 'we' won't emotionally destroy him and force him to run to another club or early retirement

Umm, I think youā€™re targeting the wrong person. Feel free to check all my previous posts but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been particularly critical of Trav, Reid, Taz or the Rocca boys. Or even Cox for that matter. Quite the contrary, in fact.

My frustrations have been directed more towards our continual recruitment and selection of bland, vanilla, slow, low-skill flankers and mids who canā€™t kick!

And itā€™s a very long bow to draw by suggesting that my opinions, or those of any other supporter(s), have had a material impact on our Clubā€™s inability to recruit/draft key position forwards for more than a decade.

Such players are going to be far more interested in the strength of the list that theyā€™d be joining, the quality/vision of the head coach and support coaches and quality of facilities. And the money, of course.

And on those criteria, we keep coming up short in the eyes of the Tom Lynches and Jeremy Camerons of the football world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Meh I don't mind the Cameron selection. What were our other options? The Brown's, an underdone Sier or Kelly, Varcoe... Happy to go to tall and keep Gov and Barrass accountable. More time in the middle for De Goey and Elliott hopefully.

We're a sneaky chance, they haven't been playing that well. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose a player or 2 to injury early if they're rushing people back.

It's an odd selection, one I don't agree with but who the * am I? I trust the coachs' and/or selectors' judgement way more than my own and anyone on these forums so I'll just see what happens tomorrow.

If we go into this game with the same vanilla plan to beat NN and their midfield, I suspect it's going to be a bloodbath and at best an honorable loss.

I'm just praying that have an ace they haven't played yet but I think that might be my blind passion talking.

If thatā€™s an indication of the depth of your critical thinking on the issue no wonder youā€™re angry.

I was being more than a little facetious with the first paragraph, but regardless the Cameron selection is a real head scratcher given what happened last time we played West Coast (ie. our midfield was totally overrun again).

I guess we've got nothing to lose here and maybe giving them different looks with some combination of three of Mihocek, Degoey, Cox and Cameron up forward at different times might give them something to think about, but it's a massive punt on a player who has kicked goals in 2 of 8 games played and hasn't been sighed since round 14.

Yep! Need to make the tall west coast defense accountable

yeah, but another tall isnā€™t the way to do that, I donā€™t think. Better to have a skilled runner, I think and to use our forwardā€™s pace. Whe, Stephenson, De Goey, Elliot all have pace. Just need to have midfielders who can kick well.

which is why losing the Browns, Phillips, Wills, isnā€™t the worst.

Back