List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bomber supporter #whisper on main board
“Have word as of tonight that Caldwell will pick St Kilda, despite being the lowest offer of the 3 (Essendon, Saints and GWS).
But
Can’t say I blame him.”

smart boy....🤞🏼

Caldwell is the cherry on top. Backing in Phil Davis here big time! - best young talent at gws or something along those lines :p

He said he's the one player he'd give a 10 year contract to.

Just looking into Crouch, he's a guy that regularly gets over 30 possessions. He also won Adelaide's b and f in 2019. Missed 2018 with a groin and a bit of this year with hamstring. When on the park he finds it and can be damaging. Looks like a good tackler. He also has huge games, has gone over 40 on a few occasions.

Seems the type of player we haven't had for years. I'm salivating at the thought of him in our midfield.
The guy is a genuine star midfielder and now we have 2 , Steele and B.Crouch - just imagine if we had him this year.
We had Ross , Gresham , Sinclair and Jones filling the void who have no where near the ability.
As you say when was the last time we had a player can average 30 touches a game like Crouch has and only paying 650k a year is really a low ball price if you compare it to Hannerbery and Hill who are on way offers and don't forget we have been paying guys like Carlisle 600k a year.
Just look a Carlton paying McGovern and Martin 700k a year - B.Crouch was the trade we needed as well because of our lack of trading power.

If the recruiters get this one done , they will of knocked it out of the park again.

Now we have Marshall and Ryder as ruckmen
Steele and B.Crouch as our elite midfielders
and Hunter Clark , Caldwell , Gresham to run through the middle.
Bytel and Byrne could well be very good but will have to be now to be selected and Hannerbery will be a bonus if he can play.

Big question marks on Ross now , he has to step up - this year was a year he would loved to forget - but it will be tougher for him next year and for god sakes if Geary is still best 22 I'll scream.

I genuinely have no idea why I’m so high on Caldwell.

Crouch will comfortably be the better player next year but if I had to choose I’d choose Caldwell :drunk:

There‘s next year....and the next ten years.
( Why not both? gif)

Tom Brown thinks we are out of the running... wtf surely not
Just follow Brian Speaking on Twitter mate, he was one of the few genuine ITK's here. He said today in a reply that he still expects Caldwell to come to the Saints and he also broke the Crouch news 20 mins or so before anyone in the media world as far as I can see.

I do brother, they are excellent and the AFL or clubs should be paying you. It's a massive effort and while we don't praise you we appreciate your fine work. If that knob Knightmare gets a paid gig you should too.

Cheers mate, appreciate the words heaps, I know a lot of you blokes appreciate the work. And the background instrumental is purely to avoid the copyright so that the AFL can’t leech off the hours of effort I put in to make them and receive payment for doing nothing themselves which would grind my gears the wrong way.

If I was to be paid by the AFL or clubs it’d be a luxury to do away with the music and take a bit of extra time to perfect them, like avoiding choppy commentary connections between the clips etc. But I don’t expect that to happen and it’s just a hobby at the moment working with the time I’ve set aside for it.

The aim is just to be a useful resource for fans to re-live player seasons to cure off-season boredom, to see what a bloke plays like when a trade’s been made or even just to see the progression of a player over the years so I’m glad over time a bunch of Bigfooty folk have used it this way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just follow Brian Speaking on Twitter mate, he was one of the few genuine ITK's here. He said today in a reply that he still expects Caldwell to come to the Saints and he also broke the Crouch news 20 mins or so before anyone in the media world as far as I can see.

big fan of brian!

Bomber supporter #whisper on main board

“Have word as of tonight that Caldwell will pick St Kilda, despite being the lowest offer of the 3 (Essendon, Saints and GWS).
But
Can’t say I blame him.”
his new #whisper

“Won’t get into specifics, but good mates with a family member of his.

Told GWS yesterday that he wanted to “explore his options” (not necessarily ‘wanted to leave’).

But has today made a decision to join Saints and has informed them as such.

Not sure how long it will take to announce, but apparently wants to tell gws, Essendon (who we offering the most $$) and a few gws teammates first.”

Tune in between Thursday and November 16. Fire pokers in the fire, champagne flutes are full, smoke and shadows behind the windows, Jimmy Webster half Tasmanian, half out the door.
Make of that what you will.
Sounds like Jimmy Webster is starring in Twin Peaks: Tasmania edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back