Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.
His numbers only improved slightly since his move to Tulla.
So they got him for 35 as a 23 yr old and now want 7 for a 27 yr in 2021, because.......?
Completely irrelevant but I love how people do this. Try and add an extra year to decrease perceived value.
What's better is you tried it both ways in the same sentence.

I'm stunned, actually shocked to be sitting here that it's actually being questioning whether or not Essendon posters have ever said Pick 7 would be a straight swap for Saad. Thread is actually littered with it but apparently it's just overlooked. Funny that...

Here are some I found in 2 mins by clicking random page numbers...

Dodo burner accounts.

Completely irrelevant but I love how people do this. Try and add an extra year to decrease perceived value.
What's better is you tried it both ways in the same sentence.
He’ll be 27 in 2021, 26 in 2020, how have I altered reality?
I’m not decreasing perceived value, just applying logic.
We are not getting a 26 year old player in 2021.
Twisted logic is a decent half back flanker, with quality line breaking abilities going from a pick 35 future second round pick, to pick 7!
What do you think he is worth?

Has all the makings of another Dodo masterpiece.
Bacher Houli could hardly get a game at Dons. Repeatedly dropped. Something like 20 games in 4 yrs.
Only cost them a pick in the 40's originally, however when out of contract he requested a trade to Tiges so naturally it was Dodo Time.
Insisted on a 2nd rndr for a fringe dweller who wasnt even best 22.
Busted arse at the trade table. Nothing done.
Refused to re-sign with Dons and walked to the PSD. So happy he was that he placed 3rd or 4th in Tiges BnF the very next year.

Twisted logic is a decent half back flanker, with quality line breaking abilities going from a pick 35 future second round pick, to pick 7!
It's pretty obvious. You've used two different methods of describing his "age" in the same sentence. If we traded him in as a 23 year old, he's being traded out as a 26 year old. (He's actually 26 for the majority of next season but that's not important).
I think he's worth what I've always stated in this thread, a mid to late first.

This one is easy.

Carlton have likely already decided that it will be lunchtime on last day of Trade Period before they even need to talk to Dons again....if at all.

Try not to argue too much about it. We all know the playbook.

Has all the makings of another Dodo masterpiece.
Bacher Houli could hardly get a game at Dons. Repeatedly dropped. Something like 20 games in 4 yrs.
Only cost them a pick in the 40's originally, however when out of contract he requested a trade to Tiges so naturally it was Dodo Time.
Insisted on a 2nd rndr for a fringe dweller who wasnt even best 22.
Busted arse at the trade table. Nothing done.
Refused to re-sign with Dons and walked to the PSD. So happy he was that he placed 3rd or 4th in Tiges BnF the very next year.
Geez we're going back 10 years now?
FWIW Hird definitely saw him as best 22 and tried his hardest to keep him. It was Knights that refused to play him.

Had no idea Dodoro lost Houli for nothing.

McDonald, Puopolo, Spangher, Seedsman all still on the board at Tigers' 3rd round pick too. Not all world beaters - but certainly better than nothing.

But he is the answer to the premiership puzzle for CFC, as we have no other HBF options...

And he was 3rd in B&F - like Luke Brown, Jack Crisp, Jed Andersen, Dougal Howard, Brad Sheppard, Tom Liberatore, etc. All good players but would you offer a first round draft pick?

And Dodo always gets 'overs' because every other AFL club recruiter is happy to help out Essendon ...

And he is only 27 years old in 2021 with a speed based game that will not be a risk over a five year contract period...

Early second round pick is fair

I'm stunned, actually shocked to be sitting here that it's actually being questioning whether or not Essendon posters have ever said Pick 7 would be a straight swap for Saad. Thread is actually littered with it but apparently it's just overlooked. Funny that...

Here are some I found in 2 mins by clicking random page numbers...

No but the under 18s season is the biggest jump. It raises and lowers plenty of players. Without it this years draft is speculative more than any in modern times. Pick 7 in this draft is minimum for Saad.

Saad for 7.

Done.

Pick 7 or fu** off. Let the traitor walk to the PSD and re-draft him.

If 7 gets put up, that's fair. Move on.

If Carlton wants to pony up and get their man across without any fuss, then 7 for Saad could get done in the first two minutes of trade week. How could Saad not be worth this pick, yet be worth a 5 year deal? lol.

See you in a few weeks once you've coughed up pick 7.

Pick 7 should be fine because he is in the prime of his career, he is a wanted (yes, ooc) player and is one of our most durable and important players that another club has approached and offered ridiculously high money for. Also, don't forget we have Dodoro. That helps get trades done in our favour
Thanks for this, that was what I was asking for.

The thing is, I ran a search of the thread and couldn't find any examples of Essendon posters saying this since the last quote you have there, from Yoda on October 17th.

That was on page 149, 800 posts and 35 pages ago. 🤷‍♀️

Pity Carlton won't have pick 7

Pick 11/12 and a chance at the 13th/14th best kid in the draft

Daniher, B.Crouch, B.Campbell and JUH all before pick 11. Maybe L.Jones.

Then you have the GC players pre drafted at least one was rated top 10 acc Twomey.

Your better off discussing picks 11/12 instead of 7

That's pretty fair I'd say in a blinded draft.

Also dons will be chucking in a 4th rounder so Carlton can trade their 1st as per AFL rules

Carlton Supporter: "Essendon don't have a leg to stand on"

Carlton Supporter: "Carlton have all the power"

Carlton Supporter: "There is no way pick 7 will be involved for Saad"

Carlton Supporter: "We will just take him in the PSD and Essendon will get nothing"

Deal gets done: 7 for Saad and a second rounder

Carlton Supporter: "Dodoro is a hard to deal with Dog, Essendon should get rid of him"

Essendon supporter *wakes up and reaches for the tissues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This line is especially weird: "The next request was for Carlton's first draft pick, currently No.8, and Tom De Koning. The Blues quickly dismissed both options, believing the draft pick alone to be a more than fair price."

o_O

Carlton said what now?

They said even the draft pick alone was overs

Thanks for this, that was what I was asking for.

The thing is, I ran a search of the thread and couldn't find any examples of Essendon posters saying this since the last quote you have there, from Yoda on October 17th.

That was on page 149, 800 posts and 35 pages ago. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure what relevance when they were said is... but just found these all within a week, two being in the past couple of days. Thread is littered with it as I said, not hard to find at all.

So when Dodoro gets pick 7 for Saad can we all celebrate just how amazing he is? Or will we just revert to "Hard to deal with"?

Welcome pick 7.

With Daniher compo looking likely to be pick 7 this deal for Saad is now for pick 8. Happy days - fair for all :)

Not sure what relevance when they were said is... but just found these all within a week, two being in the past couple of days. Thread is littered with it as I said, not hard to find at all.
I think we all know pick 7 will be involved, commenting on that doesn't mean we are expecting a straight swap. Fridge and Reload are both on the record saying that it won't be a straight swap.

And the relevance is because it's disingenuous to pick a fight with any Essendon supporter you see in this thread based on a post they didn't make some 30+ pages earlier. It comes pretty close to sealioning, which is a type of trolling.

As for Le Archie, he's made one post in this entire thread, I don't know who he is or what his stance is, but if you'd really like to know what he thinks about it, perhaps quote him and ask him directly?

So Dodoro's initial offer was for giggles?

Cricket's after Fridge16's post eh?

N
Dodoro is a certified troll, consistently keeps Essendon and the AFL in the headlines through the offseason like almost nothing else.

I have previously (and somewhat facetiously) suggested that AFL HQ must be giving him a bonus for the publicity he generates in the off-season.

I think we all know pick 7 will be involved, commenting on that doesn't mean we are expecting a straight swap. Fridge and Reload are both on the record saying that it won't be a straight swap.

And the relevance is because it's disingenuous to pick a fight with any Essendon supporter you see in this thread based on a post they didn't make some 30+ pages earlier. It comes pretty close to sealioning, which is a type of trolling.

As for Le Archie, he's made one post in this entire thread, I don't know who he is or what his stance is, but if you'd really like to know what he thinks about it, perhaps quote him and ask him directly?

You asked if "any Essendon supporter in this has genuinely said they think we'll get 7 in a straight swap" and I provided multiple examples of where that has occurred. Anyone that has read most of thread knows there are plenty more. And it's not all 30 pages ago, like I've pointed out. So who is really being disingenuous?

I don't care what types of trolling may or may not be going on, you're a moderator not me. What's that got to do with what I'm posting?

Back