List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okayyyyy...
So moving on from old mate Volkswagen - what do we believe is Higgins worth?
Is it what we potentially receive for Lonie, plus some later picks swapped (weighted in Richmonds favour)?

The MH issue seems to have been created by Collingwood. At no point has Treloar insinuated it will be a problem.

Sounds like the Pies just concocting reasons to get rid of him and prob initially saw pushing him to GC as an easy option and they would happily hand over pick 5 for him.

It's the players not wanting him that is my concern. What would cause that kind of rift between friends. Something smells funny about it all.

Part of me wants to move on Treloar and go all in for next year & the other part of me thinks with some further development in Clark & Coffield as mids we don’t need him next year and we certainly won’t need him beyond next year.
We will need so cap flexibility to ward off other clubs buying Roma, King, Coffield, Clark & Gresh.

Treloar is a jet, but with so much uncertainty around his body and his family life, the risk of losing on our of own young guns isn’t worth it to me.

Okayyyyy...
Is it what we potentially receive for Lonie, plus some later picks swapped (weighted in Richmonds favour)?

Future second or ideally a third. Still a few question marks about his return to his best footy.

It's the players not wanting him that is my concern. What would cause that kind of rift between friends. Something smells funny about it all.
Don't think it is true about the players not wanting him, been reported many times many of his team mates annoyed how the club has treated Treloar

Is that genuine too? Has anyone come out and said that?

I heard on trade radio that Bucks told him the senior players don’t want him back and that he is hard to coach - not sure if that is confirmed that the players feel that way or it’s the Pies trying to force him out in a pretty shitty way?

Massive red flag if true though.

OOF, I just went on the AFC Crouch thread, so much salt and melting, I felt my heart do a little dance, but it was probably high blood pressure. Dear me, the Crows are facing a 20% drop in memberships if those posters are true to their word. Sadly, I'll imagine once they get Hately and all their draftees through the door, the mob will have long forgotten about Brad Crouch and will be back on the Kool Aid.

So what do Adelaide do now with their 9 picks (6 inside the first 2 rounds)? You'd think they'd try to package a few of them up for something higher, could be knocking on the doors of the other clubs inside the top 10. On the other hand, maybe this is the year to have many lower picks than one high one. Be interesting to see what they do with them all. I reckon they'll be fine long term, need to flush out all the players with PTSD and start from scratch.

As for us, Brad doesn't really convince me yet, but I'm sure I'll grow to love him as much as Zac Jones or Dan Butler. I'd rather give Bytel and Byrnes chances to grow than grab another mercenary mid in Treloar, but at the same time I agree with Stav about taking our opportunity when we have it. I guess I'll trust the club to make the right choice, they've earnt our trust by now I think.

Looking forward to getting Higgins through the door now, reckon he'll light the place up. He seems so much like Ratts, think he'll be a firm favourite in no time. I'll be sad to see Jack Lonie go, a bit annoying he won't make it to 100 games. I think his guile and pressure up front will be missed, but happy that he's saved his career after looking on the verge of falling out of the AFL two years ago.

Gringo has also turned me on to his love of Brayden Crossley, any ITKs out there know if he's on our radar and if not, why not? (No remarks about the mother thanks).

Okayyyyy...

I’d hope a 2nd rounder. Tigers have been pretty fair to trade with on fringe players.

Mid to late 2nd given there may be a question mark on any future injury/health issues following his brain op?

A lot people were angry with appointing Lethers due to his AFL and private school connections and infidelity and Gallagher with his high end corporate banking and finance background.

fu**, haven't they proven many wrong.
yep, that was what was being said on here

Don't think it is true about the players not wanting him, been reported many times many of his team mates annoyed how the club has treated Treloar

They said the older players at Collingwood. I can't remember who the journo was though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted over two weeks ago that we should start getting used to the idea of Adam Treloar in the RW&B.. As well as answered a few PM's about what I know...

I just wanted to add that I am now 101% sure that we are Adam's 1st preference to play at next year. Confirmed.

COUGH UP THE 750K AND FIRST ROUND PICK!

That would have just been me. I still stand by Letchlean being a campaigner, but he's or campaigner. You'd rather have him at Moorabin than at another club.

this is the day the banker won me over

people will know i can be critical of the club, but i've been super sceptical on Gags. i've been called out on it numerous times.

todays the day where he's won me over. he showed he has a sharper edge and cannot just be f’ed.

he's absolutely nailed this.

in fact i think the crouch situation is in the top 5 list management/trade/draft fu** ups of all time for adelaide and Gags did it.

kudos.

What, he didn’t convince you when he whipped pick #6 out from under Peter Bell‘s nose and split it into Doogs and Paddy before Bell had even realised it happened....and then still figured out a way to get our marquee signing?

You’re a hard man to impress 😉

A healthy skepticism 😁.

From memory on here the general vibe was that this might be the AFL pushing dirty laundry on to us but that if he was motivated, with his background he could be one hell of an appointment and he’d be able to turn us around.

Could not have asked for a better person in this role, the decisions he has made and the team he has built around him.

The Tigers are the blueprint for how to build the club from the outside, all the players thanking the CEO and president after winning the flag. The whole group on and off field is united and we are following that mould.

Gags really showing his worth now too. A football man with a corporate background too. At Macquarie I am sure he dealt with way more politics and bullshit than a trade week can throw at him. You don’t get to those positions in corporate without being able to navigate that.

Last edited:
Is that genuine too? Has anyone come out and said that?

I heard on trade radio that Bucks told him the senior players don’t want him back and that he is hard to coach - not sure if that is confirmed that the players feel that way or it’s the Pies trying to force him out in a pretty shitty way?

Massive red flag if true though.

I think it's Sam Edmund who broke that story and has even doubled down on it after Buckley's response.
From where I stand I think it's safe to say that the Buckley conversation probably went that way, but I don't think there's anything to verify that's how his teammates truly feel.

Is there a link to the list sizes decreasing? cheers

Amazingly the AFL has failed to confirm details of this prior to trade period...
I think Barrett said on trade radio that 38 would be likely? Could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure - not 100% confident.

but I believe the triggers are year on year. So if he has a year injured. He just gets his base 600k

It’s a fantastic deal and royally f’ed the crows.

Glad to see you’re up and about after the no-match call this afternoon, especially after telling us on Sunday! Thought I’d share my thanks after many years of watching in the sidelines. Any word on Higgins yet?

Genuinely excited for 2021

Glad to see you’re up and about after the no-match call this afternoon, especially after telling us on Sunday! Thought I’d share my thanks after many years of watching in the sidelines. Any word on Higgins yet?

Genuinely excited for 2021
I gave this to a few of the boys the other day. Enjoy.

“We are going to talk Treloar again.
It will be dependent on moving on 3-4 players.

but we think a second round pick will get it done.

I’ve understood this as we would be after both Crouch and Treloar.

Obviously plenty of hoops to manage before this goes from a conversation to likely.”

That would have just been me. I still stand by Letchlean being a campaigner, but he's or campaigner. You'd rather have him at Moorabin than at another club.
Good point. I think I was a bit hesitant when he first got here but Jesus I’m glad he’s there now!!!

What, he didn’t convince you when he whipped pick #6 out from under Peter Bell‘s nose and split it into Doogs and Paddy before Bell had even realised it happened....and then still figured out a way to get our marquee signing?

You’re a hard man to impress 😉

that was a decent trade and i loved it, but had a sour taste in my mouth with the other trades on acres, bruce, stuv and tbh i thought hill was a bit of a desperate grab

this one has me sold

not only did he win, he embarrassed the absolute * out of an entire football club to the point their fans want to give up on their club

put it this way he did in 1 week, what richo took 4 whole seasons to do!!!!!

the guy is a magician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back