List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should definitely trade Nick Hind for a 3rd round pick so we can draft a player like nick hind who was taken in the 3rd round.
It's the poor man's version of GWS constantly trading former first round picks for more first round draft picks

I would rather see lonie and kent go ( amongst others - webster, dunstan & ross) - Im not necessarily a huge fan of Hind but as an emergency he can play half forward or halfback - the other guys mentioned are all pretty well suited to 1 position
Everyone you mentioned is a better player. I'd rather Lonie on the list than Hind because Lonie is at least good in the one position he plays.

[TD valign="middle"]
B​

[TD valign="middle"]
st-kilda-saints-round.png
ST KILDA [/TD]
J. Geary, D. Joyce, S. Savage
J. Webster, J. Battle, J. Newnes
J. Sinclair, S. Ross, J. Billings
D. Kent, J. Bruce, M. Parker
J. Lonie, T. Membrey, J. Gresham
L. Pierce, J. Steele, L. Dunstan
J. Steven, B. Long, D. McKenzie, C. Wilkie
H. Clark, R. Marshall, E. Phillips

[TD valign="middle"]
HB​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
C​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
HF​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
F​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
FOL​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
I/C​
[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]
EMG​
[/TD]
[/TD]

How times have changed from what a Rd 1 side will look like in 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DONS MAKE HIND OFFER - 2.30PM

Tom Morris reports...

Essendon has tabled a fourth round pick for St Kilda speedster Nick Hind.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Saints are weighing up the proposal up.

The Bombers like Hind’s pace and believe they could potentially get him via the pre-season draft if needed.

Hind played VFL for Essendon in 2017 and 2018 but was overlooked before joining the Saints as a mature age recruit.

He played 10 matches in 2020 but fell out of favour late in the campaign.

Dodoro threatening to get every player in the pre-season draft. Have they done Caldwell yet?

i would say we were broken long after pelchen left and pelchen was just the symptom of a much larger problem. worth remembering we replaced pelchen with jamie cox, who was sacked not longer after for Lethers

things have appeared to get better since Lethers came in and really started pushing the football dept
things got better in 2014 when we got Finnis in .... Pelchen had Nettlefold fooled into thinking his plan was going to bring in the success we craved .. once Netters stood down Pelchen knew his days were numbered when Finnis came in it became really clear that we were heading for the rocks as a club it wasnt going to be a quick fix we had just blown 3 years of development, the unfortunate thing was we couldnt weed out the issuse in one swift motion we also needed to ensure we didnt just sack everyone unless we had a better option in the frame to replace them hence it took time to make all the changes that needed to be made. i know it meant we kept some people longer than we should have but we had to also manage the perception that we were ripping apart at the seams as a club...
first things first we needed to get the business of the club in order and i know that frustrated many of us as we were not focusing on our core business of winning games of footy but it did set a strong foundation for us to build on

They're back to almost 100% at Monash thankfully. I'm also doing pretty well in my last year without tooting my own horn so a couple of labs approached me to do projects which was nice.
That’s great crusty, yeah she’s at Clayton but classes have finished and she’s just marking assignments now.

I remember when we signed Marsh, a goodly whack of his highlights were defensive work at Collingwood ... been genuinely surprised we've not given him a run down there as he seemed to have a great sense of when to punch/mark, and a solid read of the play. He's not particularly undersized, and he's got the body strength to man-up on some of the bigger blokes, so maybe that is where he can find a niche, particularly if we don't have a clear picture on who replaces Snake when he's fully cooked. Maybe a little undersized at 193cm, but I don't feel we're seeing his best in the forward line.

Very sure he played games in defence last year.
I had a look to see if we'd made any comments on it, but couldn't find anything.
Given that he didn't kick goals in some of those games, and no-one was talkinig about how crap he was, he must have done ok.
Plenty of 1%s in the Gold Coast game.

It's pretty hopeful the Hind becomes a wingman or solid half back at AFL level… he looks great dashing with the ball in hand, but he just doesn't know how to find it enough and his decision making is average.
In fairness, most small forwards struggle to find the footy consistently. I’d want to see what he can do as a half back flanker before putting a line through him.
He looked really sharp in the 2019 intraclub across the backline.
If I remember correctly injuries to Kent & Lonie were the main reason he went forward that year and he did alright.
I don’t think he’s a good small forward, but there’s enough there for multiple clubs to have gone after him this offseason with multi year deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back