[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]
I/C​
[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]
EMG​
[/TD]
[/TD]

How times have changed from what a Rd 1 side will look like in 2021.
That was such a s**t team!

Love the work you guys have been putting in over the last few weeks and couldn't resist the opportunity to add to the discussion. Let me preface this by saying that I am definitely not an ITK. In a chance meeting today with a reliable source, I discovered that the Higgins deal has been agreed to by both clubs with the actual timing of the paperwork lodgement still to be decided. It's happening!!!

Love the work you guys have been putting in over the last few weeks and couldn't resist the opportunity to add to the discussion. Let me preface this by saying that I am definitely not an ITK. In a chance meeting today with a reliable source, I discovered that the Higgins deal has been agreed to by both clubs with the actual timing of the paperwork lodgement still to be decided. It's happening!!!
But which Higgins deal?

Age reporting Tigers not accepting the Saints offer of a future 2nd rounder said 'sources familiar with the situation' whatever TF that means.
Think we might do Hind deal and use that pick plus future 2nd for maybe Higgins and something in return.

It's not probably not ideal for our salary cap space that they were hoping to clear for next year, but our depth is going to be terrific next year with no one being keen on our contracted options (Dunstan, Webster, Lonie etc.)
I think Saints fans forget how good Dunstan can be and that he was a stand out in his first year. Very happy to have all three as depth.

It'll be a good case study to look at and is well worth a crack I think. So many clubs embrace perpetual rebuilds and focus on a curve of development over future years. More often than not, that doesn't work out. Well past time that a club tried the opposite and just absolutely stocked up on senior players. Not guaranteed success either way, but it's a worthy approach.

Agree, it's fascinating because it really could go either way. Hawk and Cameron would be a nightmare forward line to deal with.

Could easily get a flag or two and then you can just trade in young talent that would be attracted to the prospect of ultimate success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we cant offload Duntan then i would look at getting rid of Hind/Savage as they don't have a contract and I can't seem them playing at all.

Crouch has had injuries and hasn't played a full season in like 3 years. Steele is a lock but we need to pray that he plays all games. Hanners hasnt played a full season as well in years and is getting on in age and body. Ross isn't the player he once was and i'd be very surprised if he is a lock come half way through next year.

Bytel has played 2 games and has done ok. We need to be pushing for VFL flags and have a strong 2nd tier team as results have shown that there is a correlation between successful VFL sides and premiership teams.

It goes hand in hand.
With Crouch and Higgins in, and all players are fit , we could potentially have a VFL team with the likes of. (though some could still get de-listed ).

Savage, Geary, Webster, Roberton, Dunstan, Phillips, Bytel, Kent, Sinclair, Lonie, Marsh and McKernan.
That's a pretty solid spine for a VFL side.

Q: Who is going to ruck in the VFL. Is Alabakis up to it?
McKernan could potentially do it, but that leaves us short on either forwards or back.
Both Joyce and Marsh can swing , but then its just Clavarino.

If we had a ruckman, Either Joyce or Marsh can play back with Clavarino and the other tall could be forward with
Do Sandy have a ruck on their list? I guess they can recruit one.

Hind wasnt recruited as a fwd. Personally i would like to see him play at half back before writing him off but we dont realluhave the upper hand here given he is ooc and spots in the 22 are going to be tight

Letting Hind go is a no brainer.

Absolutely nowhere near it for us going forward.

He is one of the fastest players I've ever seen, he can kick a goal, but he just isn't that good. He won't make it long term.

If we can only get a fourth, so be it. I would probably rather do our future 4th for their future 3rd.

Good luck to him at the bombers.

things got better in 2014 when we got Finnis in .... Pelchen had Nettlefold fooled into thinking his plan was going to bring in the success we craved .. once Netters stood down Pelchen knew his days were numbered when Finnis came in it became really clear that we were heading for the rocks as a club it wasnt going to be a quick fix we had just blown 3 years of development, the unfortunate thing was we couldnt weed out the issuse in one swift motion we also needed to ensure we didnt just sack everyone unless we had a better option in the frame to replace them hence it took time to make all the changes that needed to be made. i know it meant we kept some people longer than we should have but we had to also manage the perception that we were ripping apart at the seams as a club...
first things first we needed to get the business of the club in order and i know that frustrated many of us as we were not focusing on our core business of winning games of footy but it did set a strong foundation for us to build on

They didn't focus on the core business or the any other business. They really were s**t. Terrible off field, terrible on field. From our list 5 years ago only Membrey, Billings and Ross likely to play most games. Sinclair at a pinch. What a waste of 10 years. All I can say is thank * Lethlean had a predilection for copulating in corporate boxes and that no-one found Ratts before we did.

I don’t mind the Smith & Higgins gets if I was a cats fan... on top of J Cameron you’re absolutely in the window, so adding two guns maybe just past their prime but still guns isn’t a bad move.

If we had of grabbed I Smith & S Higgins and they push out Kent & Sinclair we would also be pushing pretty hard at a flag next year.

Maybe waiting until the televised part tomorrow night.

The AFL asked last year for some deals to be held until then.

Maybe but from what I can tell the only thing holding him back is that he doesn't win enough of the ball.

He has some other very good attributes:
  • Kicks both sides of the body with good penetration
  • Uses the ball well with excellent delivery by foot inside fwd50
  • game-breaking speed
I wouldn't want to give him up because he has a high ceiling if he can just win another 5 touches per game..

A fair bit of the ball he gets, is "contested". He's not soft like Hill.

Paperwork could go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back