Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

I really didn't think CJ would make it but so happy to be wrong.

His composure and decision making has come a long way, it didn't hurt having Impey streaming out of defence in support either.

I reckon the commentators mentioned his 'athleticism' every time he touched the ball but would have liked them to make mention of the other parts of his game he's obviously worked hard on to improve over the pre season
I agree, but I wouldn’t be holding my breath with Darce and Richo.

I really didn't think CJ would make it but so happy to be wrong.

His composure and decision making has come a long way, it didn't hurt having Impey streaming out of defence in support either.

I reckon the commentators mentioned his 'athleticism' every time he touched the ball but would have liked them to make mention of the other parts of his game he's obviously worked hard on to improve over the pre season

CJ is going to be some kind of player though. If we can keep his development on track he could be anything. Him Day Impey and Scrimshaw will be an attacking backline like no other.

Clarko better tell Frost to hang back or there will be 5 opposition forwards unattended!

Hoping that this attacking group from the back half could be revolutionary, a new Clarko coaching strategy to disrupt the opposition defensively which opens up the game, get it forward quickly and we score!

Thing is, he has elite athleticism.
His decision making is merely sound; but yeah, his kick to Brockman was a nice bit of play that combined both.
It should have been mentioned because the placing a perfect 50m pass at full pace is difficult.

It should have been mentioned because the placing a perfect 50m pass at full pace is difficult.

Unless you’re Brad Hill in our threepeat team - s**t was routine for him.

His decision making is merely sound; but yeah, his kick to Brockman was a nice bit of play that combined both.
CJ sprinting out of defence, along the wing and then nailing a 50m pass to a guy playing his first game and kicking a goal.

Absolutely loved this.

Reminds me of 05/06. No idea where this group will end up but it's gonna be a great ride with some moments like this.

CJ sprinting out of defence, along the wing and then nailing a 50m pass to a guy playing his first game and kicking a goal.

Absolutely loved this.

Reminds me of 05/06. No idea where this group will end up but it's gonna be a great ride with some moments like this.

Surprised there were no name changes to Jiath2Brockman after watching it.

The thing with CJ is he is so bloody quick that when he breaks into space the zones ahead of the ball struggle to adjust in time - so he doesn’t need to kick a perfect pass, just to kick to space/advantage of our forwards and that’s generally enough.

The thing with CJ is he is so bloody quick that when he breaks into space the zones ahead of the ball struggle to adjust in time - so he doesn’t need to kick a perfect pass, just to kick to space/advantage of our forwards and that’s generally enough.
Are you saying cj breaks the space time continuum because I like the sound of it

Warp speed mode

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I've noticed, the kid is always smiling! It's bloody infuriating, none can be that damn happy all the time!

Has to balance out Kent Brockman who never smiles I guess.

Has to balance out Kent Brockman who never smiles I guess.

I am surprised that no one has compared his athleticism to Franklin. Jordan Lewis said this morning on radio that Franklin could do 15 x 150m off one minute rest in 17 seconds. That is seriously elite. Don't know what CJ can do off the same regime but he was a sub 50 second runner in high school as Franklin was - believe he had a 48 sec PB in high school. We know that he won our second 2k time trial beating Finn who can seriously run. His speed/endurance is probably on par with Bradey Hill but much more physical and around 7-8 cm taller.

Said it before and ill say it again, could well be the next Kouta...

I am surprised that no one has compared his athleticism to Franklin. Jordan Lewis said this morning on radio that Franklin could do 15 x 150m off one minute rest in 17 seconds. That is seriously elite. Don't know what CJ can do off the same regime but he was a sub 50 second runner in high school as Franklin was - believe he had a 48 sec PB in high school. We know that he won our second 2k time trial beating Finn who can seriously run. His speed/endurance is probably on par with Bradey Hill but much more physical and around 7-8 cm taller.

Said it before and ill say it again, could well be the next Kouta...
And he's an intercept marker. Only 21 years old.

No ceiling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back