Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
The night and day difference between how conservatives treated Dan compared to how they're treating Gladys right now is the funniest sh*t ever. It just proves all their outrage was confected and rooted purely in partisan hackery.
Both Dan & Gladys stuffed up big time not locking down soon enough, leading to a longer lockdown.

Have said all the way along there are good & poor leaders on both sides of politics... unfortunately too many blindly follow their party regardless of competency.

no argument about ego's - everyone knows Trump was a narcissist. But that narcissist was doing things to make his country better. Biden is most certainly doing things that are making the country worse - as evidenced by his destruction of the southern border by way of policy and non enforcement of immigration laws among many other things
Not sure dividing a country on hate is making it better.

Assume you are joking... because if you are not, I can't help you...
no i am not joking. So you think that demonising white people through the classroom is healing. You think that letting the perpetrators of the BLM violence get away with looting, burning etc is healing. Do you think the targeting of trump supporters by the NSA and FBI is healing..if it is then I can't help you

Edit..and thinking it is ok to smear trump supporters as white supremacists is healing - because that is what his own party believe and the cheerleading left wing main stream media parrot

mistylake you may find these stats interesting:
Sydney's current outbreak stands at 395 people.
Of these, 40 are now hospitalised.
Of these, 11 are in the ICU.
17 of the 40 are aged under 55
10 of the 40 are aged under 35
Of the ICU patients, one is in their 30s, 1 in their 50s, and the others are 60s or 70s.

The ICU numbers are higher than they were at the peak of the Northern Beaches outbreak last summer.

While the earlier variants clearly targeted those in the older age demographics (who you are quite content to kill off prematurely), the Delta variant appears to be less choosy. The Delta variant clearly represents a significant risk to members of the younger demographics.

Source: https://www.theage.com.au/national/...s-system-plans-for-surge-20210708-p5883a.html
How many deaths is it now ? 0.
jog on.
Ive been watching the scary ABC tv broadcasts to from a place with an actual problem. Sydney is fine flat line new cases it will come under control in a few weeks. It’s a magnitude more infectious but still mirrors past outbreaks. Will be harder to control but so far looks to be in control.
Get back to me when the deaths blow out to 1 in 6 months.

How many deaths is it now ? 0.
jog on.
Ive been watching the scary ABC tv broadcasts to from a place with an actual problem. Sydney is fine flat line new cases it will come under control in a few weeks. It’s a magnitude more infectious but still mirrors past outbreaks. Will be harder to control but so far looks to be in control.
Get back to me when the deaths blow out to 1 in 6 months.
Give it time. There's always a lag between case numbers going up, hospitalisations, then deaths.

There's a person in their 20s in the ICU now too, since the article I quoted was published.

Sydney numbers are still going up - not flatlining, or going down. 44 cases today.

Give it time. There's always a lag between case numbers going up, hospitalisations, then deaths.

There's a person in their 20s in the ICU now too, since the article I quoted was published.

Sydney numbers are still going up - not flatlining, or going down. 44 cases today.
As I said it’s far more contagious. It’s not exponentially going up like Melbourne did with the 4 x less ~ virulent strain. There will also be a lag in control measures taking effect.
I still think they’ll get it under control.
I wonder if those younger crew (which is not unheard of) hare other medical issues which has always been known to be a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said it’s far more contagious. It’s not exponentially going up like Melbourne did with the 4 x less ~ virulent strain. There will also be a lag in control measures taking effect.
I still think they’ll get it under control.
I wonder if those younger crew (which is not unheard of) hare other medical issues which has always been known to be a factor.

You would hope that given the Vic outbreak is nearly 12 months ago they would be all over this and yet here we are.

After your jab, pre-plan a week off afterwards. I had my Pfiser jab two weeks ago and my wife and I got the worst flu symptoms in years (read about 10% of people can get hit by a bad reation like we did)

I’m getting my first Pfizer on Monday morning, and I’ve already planned to take it easy for a couple of days afterwards just in case. Not due back in at work until Thursday.

My wife just told me that we as a state have volunteered to have more international arrivals who can home quarantine?
Wtf?
Why us?
Don’t they realise how much it’s costing small businesses, with restrictions and lockdowns.
This only has the possibility to go pear shaped.
I hope they put the fine to 50k for anyone who breaks it.

My wife just told me that we as a state have volunteered to have more international arrivals who can home quarantine?
Wtf?
Why us?
Don’t they realise how much it’s costing small businesses, with restrictions and lockdowns.
This only has the possibility to go pear shaped.
I hope they put the fine to 50k for anyone who breaks it.
Only for people who have been fully vaccinated i believe.

Doesn’t the vaccination only protect them, not others (like gloves)?
The risk of a fully vaccinated person having covid is lower.

They will still be tested for covid as normal & if they are positive, then they will go into Tom's Court Hotel.

It enables us to get more people home sooner who have already been fully vaccinated.

There will be a booming market in fake vaccination certificates. ;)
Also, you're supposed to list which vaccination you've had: why, oh why, if they're all supposed to be good?
Good question.... as I wouldn't trust sinovac given the reports health care workers have been dying from covid after being fully vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back