Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Lobb would be a good fit for dogs to play 50/50 or 60/40 ruck/forward with English but being a ex gws player he and others probably might not work well together in the team.

Not sure Lobb is what we need
I have no idea if there is any truth that Luke Jackson is wanting to come home desperately. I don't think that rumour is true, but this is a hypothetical trade thread. Jackson will be a superstar. My hypothetical trade is Ben Brown and Jackson for Lobb and our first rounder this year. Dockers back Brown to get back to his best after two lean years and absorb the 700K contract into their salary cap by trading Lobb. You get rid of a potentially dangerous contract for your salary cap (3 years to go) and get a player who's been in very good form in recent times.

I think Lobb would be a good fit for dogs to play 50/50 or 60/40 ruck/forward with English but being a ex gws player he and others probably might not work well together in the team.
It seems pretty clear that Lobb doesn’t like playing in the ruck unless absolutely necessary. The numbers suggest he hasn’t even really done any any rucking at all in numerous recent matches. Perhaps why he’s returned to form up forward.

He’s a bit like Mason Cox.

It seems pretty clear that Lobb doesn’t like playing in the ruck unless absolutely necessary. The numbers suggest he hasn’t even really done any any rucking at all in numerous recent matches. Perhaps why he’s returned to form up forward.

He’s a bit like Mason Cox.

Rory Lobb has at least kicked 29 goals from 24 games in one season and helped got GWS to a preliminary final. Cox has struggled to kick 25 goals in a season.

Lobb Has kicked 20 goals and 19 behinds from 13 games in 2021.

To be honest I dont mind keeping Lobb for a couple of more seasons as freo are currently finals contenders.

Last edited:
I have no idea if there is any truth that Luke Jackson is wanting to come home desperately. I don't think that rumour is true, but this is a hypothetical trade thread. Jackson will be a superstar. My hypothetical trade is Ben Brown and Jackson for Lobb and our first rounder this year. Dockers back Brown to get back to his best after two lean years and absorb the 700K contract into their salary cap by trading Lobb. You get rid of a potentially dangerous contract for your salary cap (3 years to go) and get a player who's been in very good form in recent times.

So effectively Ben Brown for Lobb and Luke Jackson for your first? I think that favours the Dockers just a little.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So effectively Ben Brown for Lobb and Luke Jackson for your first? I think that favours the Dockers just a little.....
Well not really. Browns on a massive contract and averaging a goal a game for two years. His contract has 3 years to run. Lobbs in career best form and looking like hitting his peak.

Last edited:
I reckon he could be on the way to Goldcoast. Hows this for a trade.

Lobb + Fremantles second
Goldcoast Pick 19 and Pick 23

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back