Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he might just outright choose North over Carlton at this point (if he wants to leave), never mind any PSD threats. At least one of them has an upwards trajectory even if from a very low base.
I can't imagine North pushing too hard for Cerra. Not because he's a bad player, but he'd cost a fair bit in draft capital and we have a much bigger need for KPP's at the moment.

Reckon he might just outright choose North over Carlton at this point (if he wants to leave), never mind any PSD threats. At least one of them has an upwards trajectory even if from a very low base.
I'm hearing Carlton. Freo fans aren't going to be happy with the trade. Single 1st, junk and SPS of he's willing. It's going to be crap. but Freo have no hand.

I'm hearing Carlton. Freo fans aren't going to be happy with the trade. Single 1st, junk and SPS of he's willing. It's going to be crap. but Freo have no hand.
Kelly principle.

Cats played hardball with the Eagles because we were ready to pay up for Kelly if the deal fell through.

Every single Victorian team wants Cerra.

SPS is worth very little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra is a quality young player but a deal can’t be done, I’d be just as happy with Patrick Lipinski a 190cm midfielder/forward with excellent upside.
Patrick can be a potential weapon in two vital ground positions.

CFC will have plenty of draft mobility and cap space after year ends list revision, one would would expect at least 8 list changes, perhaps closer to 10.
Players like McGovern, Marchbank , SPS , Fisher,& O’Brien either traded or delisted.There’ll be changes to our playing list, administration & coaching.
New President so fresh start.

CFC will have plenty of draft mobility and cap space after year ends list revision, one would would expect at least 8 list changes, perhaps closer to 10.
Players like McGovern, Marchbank , SPS , Fisher,& O’Brien either traded or delisted.There’ll be changes to our playing list, administration & coaching.
New President so fresh start.

What's the go with Zac Fisher? I don't watch many Carlton games but he usually seems to be a good contributor?

If we lose Cerra for SPS and a 1st, it is what it is. Don't know if we would want Fisher too, but I'd think he's better than SPS??

I can't imagine North pushing too hard for Cerra. Not because he's a bad player, but he'd cost a fair bit in draft capital and we have a much bigger need for KPP's at the moment.
He'd be the only midfielder out of Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU and Thomas with actual decent skills though. The aforementioned 4 are great at clearances but kicking is a huge weakness.

He'd be the only midfielder out of Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU and Thomas with actual decent skills though. The aforementioned 4 are great at clearances but kicking is a huge weakness.

Surely that’s a pisstake. Thomas has beautiful kicking skills, Simpkin is a good user of the ball and LDU’s kicking is rapidly improving. He was executing some lovely left foot passes at speed yesterday.

Cunnington isn’t an adventurous kick, but he stays within his limitations and uses the disguised chip kick to perfection.

I don’t think Cerra adds a whole heap more than they’ve got, but I reckon they should still have a crack. Allows North a ridiculous on ball/forward contingent of Stephenson, Simpkin and Thomas.

Simpkin can turn it over occasionally, but I wouldn't say it's a weakness.
The other 3 you obviously haven't seen play.

Back