Preview Changes for Elimination Final vs Bombers (UTAS Sun 3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that's next level pessimism! Even if we win it won't prove much! Boohoo! :p
The bookies have Essendon at $30 odd to win the Premiership. They are very, very lucky to even be in the finals. If we can't beat Essendon, we will have pulled off the biggest late-season choke in living memory. So nah...I won't be celebrating too hard if we win. We should and must win.

Ryan Gardner is the same height as Stef Martin. Do you think…. Bevos going to do it isn’t he?

Maybe clutching at straws here but I suppose if Martin could only get up for one game this finals series I would rather it was next week against Gawn or Big O.
Draper isn't Lycett so hopefully Young should be considerably more competitive than English was a couple of weeks ago.

Bevo has officially lost the FN plot.

Won't even bother watching the game..

This will end in absolute tears. Cannot believe the arrogance of this bloke..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stefan Martin is not fit, fine, don’t select him.

But why not Sweet?

He came into the side earlier in the year and did ok, then got dropped when Martin was fit again. He then couldn’t get a look in when Martin got injured again.

The past three weeks it has been Groundhog Day as we play an undersized backman as a ruck and the opposition has had a field day waltzing it out of the centre.

Three straight weeks of this, now it’s finals time, against an opponent who’s ruck butchered Lewis Young three weeks ago, and Beveridge’s solution?

Let’s do it all again.

This Sunday will be a repeat of last year’s final against St. Kilda - we will get thrashed in the ruck and centre clearances, and lose narrowly.

The cherry on top will be another Beveridge post game presser where he will defend his strategy saying that we lose the hit outs every week and that we have no other ruck options.

But why not Sweet?

He came into the side earlier in the year and did ok, then got dropped when Martin was fit again. He then couldn’t get a look in when Martin got injured again.

The past three weeks it has been Groundhog Day as we play an undersized backman as a ruck and the opposition has had a field day waltzing it out of the centre.

Three straight weeks of this, now it’s finals time, against an opponent who’s ruck butchered Lewis Young three weeks ago, and Beveridge’s solution?

Let’s do it all again.

This Sunday will be a repeat of last year’s final against St. Kilda - we will get thrashed in the ruck and centre clearances, and lose narrowly.

The cherry on top will be another Beveridge post game presser where he will defend his strategy saying that we lose the hit outs every week and that we have no other ruck options.
Pretty obvious the script isn't it

The bookies have Essendon at $30 odd to win the Premiership. They are very, very lucky to even be in the finals. If we can't beat Essendon, we will have pulled off the biggest late-season choke in living memory. So nah...I won't be celebrating too hard if we win. We should and must win.

I will be celebrating long and hard. Finals wins are gold and to be cherished.

I’m also flat we didn’t pick an actual ruckman but perhaps with the cold and possibly rainy weather it’s better off losing the hit outs rather than losing territory all around the ground with lumbering ruckman...?

Sorry guys I know a few tagged me today, but with finals on the line let's just wait until teams are announced. Don't want to give the opposition any slight chance to get an advantage.

On another note, seems this forum is torn on the whole ruck selection. I'm obviously a massive advocate for playing a 2nd ruck, so was as shattered as a lot on here Martin wasn't selected. He's certainly stubborn bevo, it made him as a coach and could end him as a coach. We are not alone being perplexed at selection around the club

But why not Sweet?

Let’s do it all again.

Young didn’t play against them last time did he?

Sorry guys I know a few tagged me today, but with finals on the line let's just wait until teams are announced. Don't want to give the opposition any slight chance to get an advantage.

On another note, seems this forum is torn on the whole ruck selection. I'm obviously a massive advocate for playing a 2nd ruck, so was as shattered as a lot on here Martin wasn't selected. He's certainly stubborn bevo, it made him as a coach and could end him as a coach. We are not alone being perplexed at selection around the club
Are there people around the club that think Martin is good to go or that Sweet should just play?

Apparently can’t play non match fit players but bought 2727373 in for first final in 2016 and that seemed to work. With the medi sub rule it’s a free hit

GAGF Bevo

Talk to you all next week when we are discussing trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back