Preview Changes for Elimination Final vs Bombers (UTAS Sun 3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that has crept into our game is far to many bullet handballs that are fumbled because they are struck to hard. There is fine line between the speed of the handball to stop an opposition interception and one that can easily be taken without a fumble. We seem to get this right early on in the season but now has caused a lot of our turnovers in our recent losses.
Yes - i thought i noticed the same thing but thought i was going crazy. We have no touch on the handballs recently

Our biggest problem is we can't score.
Does anyone think we have the fire-power to win a shoot out?
Nope!

Here are our 2021 average goals per game, selected players:
Naughton (1.9)
Weightman (1.6)
English (1.1)
Vandemeer (0.6)
Young (0.15)
Hannan (0.6)
JJ (0.6)

Players not selected:
Jamarra (1.4)
Wallis (1.4)

No change. Excellent, Bevo lulling the entire competition into a false sense of security, mids deliberately holding back their performances. Only to unleash in finals. Why win the flag from top 2, right? When you can make it more impressive by dropping down to 5th and playing 4 cut-throat finals back-to-back, so the team has continuity from week to week. The plan is masterful - smacks of Baldrick-type cunning.

Nope!

Here are our 2021 average goals per game, selected players:
Naughton (1.9)
Weightman (1.6)
English (1.1)
Vandemeer (0.6)
Young (0.15)
Hannan (0.6)
JJ (0.6)

Players not selected:
Jamarra (1.4)
Wallis (1.4)
6.55 goals is heaps from the forward line :poo:

No change. Excellent, Bevo lulling the entire competition into a false sense of security, mids deliberately holding back their performances. Only to unleash in finals. Why win the flag from top 2, right? When you can make it more impressive by dropping down to 5th and playing 4 cut-throat finals back-to-back, so the team has continuity from week to week. The plan is masterful - smacks of Baldrick-type cunning.

I’m willing to believe this for my sanity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win this then it's Bevo the genius for the week, but seriously, we are a 6 goal better side. Just deflating

So Sweet can knock someone over but the outcome towards winning a game of football is worse, but we should still pick him cos his position is "ruck"??

I'm sure it does seem messy to some of the general public, but I doubt anyone inside the club is very confused.
I’m pretty sure Zeno The Great was on here yesterday saying the complete opposite. That people at the club are very confused. Zeno The Great correct me if I am wrong.

No offense BEaston but his track record on selection leads me to believe he knows more about this than you do.

We had 10 more shots at goal with the average difficulty of those shots easier than theirs, without Keath (and Schache playing injured the 2nd half) and getting thrashed out of the middle last time we played them. I'm confident. And that was the best result Essendon's had against any finals team this year.

They're a team that pressures well, and looks to pop the ball out ahead of the contest and have aggressive runners like Merrett and Stringer ahead of the ball if such pressure works - but if that doesn't work, their defensive shape and defensive unit is poor.

They're a higher-conceding team even accounting for the fact that their pressure stats on the opposition is pretty good.

Come on Dogs!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back