Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely believe that he could have been in the AA conversation with a full season.
Remember that opposition supporter who made all the highlights vids last summer, but never got around to doing the Will Day one that he promised us?

I need that right now.

Just want to give Will a shout out. We just had a quiz night here in Adelaide to raise funds for a foundation I have set up in my late wife, Kathryn’s name. Its purpose is a scholarship for indigenous medical students. Will kindly donated a hawks jumper with the signatures of the entire squad. Needless to say I won the auction for it. He sounded really enthusiastic about the cause so hopefully will be able to help in the future.

So not just a good player but a good human being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I fear he may go the way of Robbie Flower. My hope is that while the game is still brutal it is a lot cleaner.
Flower played through a lot of niggles but his game return is not to bad. In that era the most game you could play is 24 (game 24 being the GF). I would certainly take 272 games from Day for his career!

1630885378673.png

Not even sure why I watched this, but Lloyd gives Will a big pump up here and says he will be a “superstar of the competition, potentially from next year that will take the competition by storm”, “left foot, right foot, reads the play in the air like few players can” and that he has the ability of having a Sam Walsh like trajectory.

from 1:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back