Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the status of Tucker?

What the status of Meek.. confirmed as signed on for new contract... as reported by CalT?

Unless we want a pick for another trade.. id be surprised if we want another pick in this draft year...unless it was something that would not get offered.
Duman could be a useful player. Tall and skinny hbf, and not great by any means but not terrible either, and more a swap for another out of contract fringe player, rather than for Clark.

For a guy who was a late first round pick and hasn't really done much Clark seems to attract a lot of discussion. I guess you could say the same about Brander but this thread is 4 times as long and talls get a lot more 'he's a spud now but could be a gun' grace than non talls.

If Geelong are open to trading a second round pick for Clark I'd be keen given at this stage we would have 10, 28, 34. Though I do have reservations we might fall into the same trap as Geelong and not find a way to utilise his strengths. We have Petruccelle who is even quicker and sits in the forward pocket getting 5 touches a game.

At this point in time and on exposed form, I think Geelong would be very very lucky to get a pick in the 35-40 range.

Right now, even though contracted for another year his value would only be in the 50s range.

If the Cats can get anything better than that, you would have done very well
I understand your teams experiences over the last 10 years may have made objective discussion harder to complete.. but a pick in the 50’s for clark is either taking the piss or having a massive lend.
He has not increased his value or even held it even from pick 15 in raw terms.. hence my early rd 2 which is about pick 26-33 these days seems reasonable.
ths 50s is not IMO.
Go Catters

He's a good kid just lack defensive positioning and can turn the ball over at times but is an out and out Winger who can attack, a classic case of a good player wrong club, would have been far better suited to Essendon or Saints

He's a good kid just lack defensive positioning and can turn the ball over at times but is an out and out Winger who can attack, a classic case of a good player wrong club, would have been far better suited to Essendon or Saints

I think that's why we want him. We are still trying to replace Ed Langdon and BHill. Acres isn't the answer and Aish as a winger is a stop gap. Henry and Fredericks might be the answer eventually but Clark would be a best 22 winger for us.

For a guy who was a late first round pick and hasn't really done much Clark seems to attract a lot of discussion. I guess you could say the same about Brander but this thread is 4 times as long and talls get a lot more 'he's a spud now but could be a gun' grace than non talls.

If Geelong are open to trading a second round pick for Clark I'd be keen given at this stage we would have 10, 28, 34. Though I do have reservations we might fall into the same trap as Geelong and not find a way to utilise his strengths. We have Petruccelle who is even quicker and sits in the forward pocket getting 5 touches a game.

Because he has the potential to be a great player. There is just question marks about his defensive capabilities, and Geelong are a very defensive team across the ground. When he has played though, he has been good, and has a great booming kick. I just think personally he is in the wrong team.

Freo have been interested in him since the moment he was drafted. A combination of issues including injury, alleged attitude/professionalism and mature aged players being preferred have conspired against him playing more senior footy. Will he request a trade back to WA and I'd so, what are the chances Geelong will hold him to the contract and (given their list demographic), guarantee him game time next year? Alternatively, if Geelong agree to trade, what price could he fetch at the trade table?

Freo have been interested in him since the moment he was drafted. A combination of issues including injury, alleged attitude/professionalism and mature aged players being preferred have conspired against him playing more senior footy. Will he request a trade back to WA and I'd so, what are the chances Geelong will hold him to the contract and (given their list demographic), guarantee him game time next year? Alternatively, if Geelong agree to trade, what price could he fetch at the trade table?

Second rounder, since he is contracted. We might play hard ball on Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 years younger
Lachie Fogarty, 2017 draft, traded under contract 2020 (23 games for Geelong)
Jordan Clark, 2018 draft, traded under contract 2021 (30 games for Geelong)

Both will be near to or just 21 at the time.

Unless he really wants out, I would keep him as his trade pick is worth nothing and another preseason the upside would be greater.
That's a fair position, if the trade follows the same as Fogarty last season then it would be:

Clark and #34 for #27 and 2022 3rd.

You asked a question I answered it. Fogarty was not in our future plans and wanted out so we gave him away for little. I doubt we will give Clark away for little.

Is the differentiation between whether a player was in future plans whether they were traded away?

Geelong has a sprinkling of young players who haven't had opportunity, which is fair because there are better senior players ahead of them on the list, but does a player like Constable also not feature in future plans?

You asked a question I answered it. Fogarty was not in our future plans and wanted out so we gave him away for little. I doubt we will give Clark away for little.

Not sure if Clark features in Geelong future plans either tbh. 3rd Rounder from Freo is likely the best offer/return you can get for him imho

Back