Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no statement or letter to the members...
not sure what your expecting but if anything is sent out it will just be spin and bullshit

i personally don’t want anything sent out, I saw enough with my own eyes and don’t need the media departments dribble about 2nd prelim in 2 years, high membership etc etc etc

nothing will happen to Ken and unfortunately we will have to burn the 2022 season in order to get rid of him. What a ******* disaster

Where's the accountability to us the stakeholders in the club for that rubbish that Hinkley and the players served up? There's been nothing from the club at all. It's actually insulting to us the members and supporters that we get absolutely nothing.

Post the 2014 preliminary final loss we had Ken doing interviews in the media and what not, this time he didn't answer a single question post game, he avoided it like the plague to even attempt to face up to it.

Now we're all sitting here angry, frustrated and disappointed and we are getting zero out of the club at all. Voss did a couple of interviews and other players did their media commitments but nothing to us is absolutely shocking in my eyes.

That may sound entitled or whatever, but to treat us like Koch does and say we need to settle down blah blah is a utter load of rubbish, and fills me with no confidence at all that we can go one better next year.

Hinkley and co can't avoid what happened Saturday night, it needs to be addressed as a club, and only then can move forward.

Its for that reason I have no faith we will go a step or two further next year, it doesn't seem that the coach and the clubs leadership are capable of addressing what happened Saturday night, and until they do we won't move forward. Most of us were around post the 2007 GF when the club avoided what happened that day, and saw what avoiding that elephant in the room did, and it feels like we're back in that spot again.

This disgraceful loss is being stage managed by the MUPPET himself the right honorable D KOCH lets make no mistake about this, lay low and hope it all blows over.
This guy is a snake imo.

Wait we have to message them now? That sucks balls, We used to be able to just change it on the fly.

Working on the principle that people won't bother going through the hassle of contacting the Club to change/cancel..........one way to keep the retention rate up I guess!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that, especially as I advised you to send the email.

If you were to send a chaser, Richo would fall off his chair. It would be the only email he’d get this week not about Hinkley, Koch, et al.

My advice, still, is to keep at it.

As your offer to the Club concerns legal aspects of the Bars case, perhaps Arsene Wenger could act as middleman ?

Thanks LR but it’s okay. I am disappointed to not even get a generic response but can understand him not taking my unsolicited offer up.

Would they take Ken?

Not even Carlton are THAT stupid. After Saturday night, no club will be interested in him. He will either see out his contract or worm his way to a early payout, relocate back to Victoria within the month, become a member of Geelong FC within a day and turn his talents to making home made dog food within a week, without a second thought to the club that made his a multi millionaire within a decade.

Working on the principle that people won't bother going through the hassle of contacting the Club to change/cancel..........one way to keep the retention rate up I guess!
I will sighn as a general member nothing else I'm so done
Not even Carlton are THAT stupid. After Saturday night, no club will be interested in him. He will either see out his contract or worm his way to a early payout, relocate back to Victoria within the month, become a member of Geelong FC within a day and turn his talents to making home made dog food within a week, without a second thought to the club that made his a multi millionaire within a decade.
thats the question if we sacked him would anyone seriously look at him?

id say no.

Carlton should approach Ken.

Ken coaching a club with zero expectations actually does ok, (see Port 2013/14), he'll get the spike, it's when it gets to the serious end he turns to s**t.

Maybe C4 could do us a solid..

What I would like the board and Ken to answer, what will be different in 2022 that will allow us to go further than 2013-2021 with Ken. Why will season 10 be any different? How many coaches or players do we have to blame?

schofield and hinkley in a heated argument on saturday night. some saying push and shove but unlikely. makes sense for the heat to be on schofield as midfield coach, scooter was smashing them in the ruck yet we weren't getting the clearances. more importantly players celebrated after the friday night cats win, until monday. long time to the game but still not ideal preparation is it?
I call bullshit and I am pretty sure that you are not a Port supporter.

In all seriousness, walking away from coaching now would probably be the best move Ken could make for the sake of himself and his family. He seems a pretty simple sort of guy and i don't think the stress levels he's going to encounter over the next 12-24 months will be good for his mental well being and he and his family's happiness. Some people just aren't cut out for this sort of cut throat business and the massive amounts of stress and anguish that come with it.

Honestly, he's set himself and his family up financially, the best thing he could do would be to just go and enjoy life away from the spotlight.

Interesting times ahead for Hinkley. The club are perennial chockers under expectations. I wonder how Hinkley will respond when expectations and pressure next season will be off the scale. Will he fold like the players on Saturday night or will he stand resolute and deliver a flag. I'm leading towards the idea he will push the players too far beyond their comfort zones and lose the playing group next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back