List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Nah, we need someone who can play up forward too and AFL proven

Sinclair is ideal to me.

Agree to disagree

Sorry but him being 33 next year and being injury prone, sounds far from being ideal to me.

Our struggling WAFL team hasn't helped , Eagles management in for a big off season ...still reckon with Rioli back hopefully next season we can still make the eight , Redden , JK and Hurn have re-signed for another year add a few mature age recruits plus add youngster's from the draft . This should be the plan .
I agree with this, but ultimately what’s the point in making the 8 and being flicked straight out by the many teams that have surpassed us?

Retire Hurn and Kennedy and let’s start rebuilding now.

Draft Blake schenslog from south .
199cm 100kg moble KPP who did 2 seasons on Geelong list as a cat B rookie .

Has been the best tall this year in the wafl playing well both as a key back and forward .

Between blake 199cm and Hedwards 200cms that can be decent ruck backup .

Natanui , Williams, jamerson , Hedwards , schenslog.

Has been the best tall this year in the wafl playing well both as a key back and forward .

Big yes from me and fits the need of us wanting a big tall full forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't going to make a thread regarding this but i have to inform other fans on this shocking misfire.

Ryan Daniel's is confirming what Nisbett said today in that they will look to move Brander by not offering him a new contract. Wait what. This is the same player we took just 4 years in the first round ahead of guys like Bailey, Balta, Allen, Tim Kelly and the list goes on. I have multiple issues with the stance the club is taking on this:

1.) Inability to develop him and this is becoming a theme with players i'll get too some other players in a moment
2.) Don't play him in his normal position as a key position player, instead try and develop him into a wing player due to no room as a key position player.
3.) Treating him as if his a scrub. You can't just pluck a 6'5 player who is an excellent athlete, has a good tank, great overhead mark, is mobile and quick and is only 22 years old out of thin fricken air!

I can't believe the club is happy to let Brander go for nothing. YOU CANT DRAFT A PLAYER AT PICK 13 WHO HAS HIGH LEVEL ATTRIBUTES AND LET HIM WALK FOR NOTHING 4 YEARS LATER.

Was i watching a different game in a parallel universe in round 3 this year against Port Adelaide? He would have been in our best players that night, having 14 touches and a goal in the first half and finishing with 21 touches, 6 marks and 500 metres gained against a team who made it to the preliminary final. This is literally evidence of a just turned 22 year old who can play the game. There is no other 22 year old on our list other than Allen who has put up those sort of numbers.

Us butchering this pick annoys me, but what annoys me more is us letting him go for nothing. You've got Clark from Geelong who would be attainable for Brander...I seriously thought we were better than this, this is sunday league stuff, Freo do these sort of things. But again, we sold the farm for Tim Kelly when he nominated US and was out of contract and surrounded to everything Geelong wanted and more.

Absolute ridiculous management. To top all that off, we drafted Ainsworth in the second round that same year who also weren't be playing next year.

Some really bad draft selections in recent years and it needs to be called out. 2 out of our 3 draft selections from just 2 years ago aren't on the list and i'm not sure Jamison will be here next year either. 18 draft selections weren't much better. Outside of Ryan, Allen and Petch to an extent, our selections since 17 have been awful.

Oh and Brander was an eagles supporter before we drafted him from Victoria. YES a victorian kid who barracked for us and this is how we treat him and develop him.

Who out of darling, Kennedy and Allen are you moving out of the forward line to develop brander as a forward in his "normal" position?

He has had 1 or 2 good games in 4 years...if you are such a good player you don't need to be played in your pet position to show your ability.

Sometimes potential doesn't develop and on this occasion it didnt.
That's not the club's or simmos fault.

Maybe he just doesn't fit in to what we are doing?

Like this suggestion. :thumbsu:
He has had a good year in the WAFL and brings good positional versatility to the list.

This is ******* bullshit.

He's coming off a career best season showing improvement every year!

And this is on top of you spuds not having a proper role for him and making him play everything from mid, to wing, to forward, to full back in the WAFL.

And of course he gets dropped straight away from the senior team if he puts one toe out of line, whilst Allen can be useless for half a year with a stuffed elbow.

Bash ya survey up your ass Nesbitt and O'Brien's you stupid pricks.

Usually I agree with you but it has to be said that if 1 great game is a career best season for a player you know they aren't really that good.

We blundered with Brander. Have wasted pick 13 picking "best available" rather then need and screwed up his development trying to make him a midfielder that he was highly unlikely to be.

Probably get a pick in the 30-40's back for him on a trade

Thats Fremantle level poor

Couldn't have blundered his development any worse. Trying to play him as a mid is up there with one of the dumbest calls in our clubs history, never going to work

Who out of darling, Kennedy and Allen are you moving out of the forward line to develop brander as a forward in his "normal" position?

He has had 1 or 2 good games in 4 years...if you are such a good player you don't need to be played in your pet position to show your ability.

Sometimes potential doesn't develop and on this occasion it didnt.
That's not the club's or simmos fault.

Maybe he just doesn't fit in to what we are doing?
If Brander could play forward he would have been aoutmatically picked above a spud like Waterman, but he cannot.

Huh, they are all fantastic and brilliant 2 weeks ago and Nisbett was a hero for saving us from financial ruin?
You're talking to the wrong person, I've been critical of them for years. Particularly their use of the rookie list, the amount of deadwood we seem to keep and our inability to draft a decent midfielder

Far out, 2017 draft is getting worse by the minute. Original outtake was a super draft for us, but imagine we'd taken;
Allen
Kelly
Ryan
Worpel
Petruccelle

Obviously the Kelly one is the biggest one, the draft picks we would've had the past two years.

Based on the last 2 years selecting Kelly wouldn't have been such a big deal for us.

He's not the same player for us as he was at Geelong.

I'd say this about sums it up.

5nh4fk.jpg

haha-laughing.gif

You're talking to the wrong person, I've been critical of them for years. Particularly their use of the rookie list, the amount of deadwood we seem to keep and our inability to draft a decent midfielder

Nice to hear.

Another issue with Kelly’s contract is that we are restricted today. It should have kicked in 2 years from now the big money. Kicking it in now has hamstung is in our perceived premiership window and also cost us at a time when flexibility is required. If Kelly’s contract was properly done, Jordan Clark would be a Eagles player in 2 months time. This terrible decision around everything to do with his contract has stuffed that up. Now Freo can waltz in and nab a bargain unchallenged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back