25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Young Luke has made a big mistake. Always easy to blame somebody else for your issues.
When he matures he’ll look back on his recent behaviors at St Kilda with some embarrassment.

Were his comments that bad? Said the coach didn’t rate him and a fresh start would be good? Probably a fair summary of the situation?

Ive never rated him that highly but I certainly rated the way he played when he returned to the side.

I am not sure that Brad Crouch’s best is that much better than Dunstan’s best to be honest. He does get closer to his best more often than Dunstan though.

I’m also not certain that Jack Bytel is the next Diesel Williams as some on here portray him to be.

Media is incompetent. He hasnt been offered a contract but won't be officially delisted until after trade period/when free agency ends. Saints stuffed it a little, should've said we have to see where we're at to keep value. Any club that wants him will just wait
Your right, however the Saints would've looked like idiots and laughing stock if they had said wait and see and Dunstan comes out and says I ain't interested in staying..

I think the quality of the team that picks up Dunstan will say a lot about his real standing in the comp. If a team in contention adds him to their list it will question our decision but if it's the Suns well not so much.

I don't want him at Essendon or Geelong. Other than that I couldn't care less. Good luck to him, he's been a decent soldier but we need to distance ourselves from players with below average skills if we want to get anywhere.

My theory is that we think we might be a chance for Ben King next year.

So it makes zero sense to go and give away good draft picks for another ruckman when we won't be able to fit two Kings and two genuine rucks in one side and we already have two ruckmen this year.

So it makes sense just to find a cheap option until Paddy retires and we know what's going on with Bing.

Right now we need other things more than we need another quality ruckman on our list.

Nailed it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve already received a definitive answer about Bing’s intentions.

Which is higher, GOAT or GOD?

Contradictorily, there have been plenty of GOATs. Ablett Sr the only GOD though.

The higher praise would be Sharman is the second coming, this centuries GOD.

And then one day Sharman will be recognised as the one true GOD, and Ablett Sr was just a pretender.

Grandstands won't be named after him, no, instead this entire land will be renamed Sharmania!

Too far??
Sharman being GOD makes sense. There’s only one of him but it’s very likely that we’ll have multiple Kings, much like the real world

My theory is that we think we might be a chance for Ben King next year.

So it makes zero sense to go and give away good draft picks for another ruckman when we won't be able to fit two Kings and two genuine rucks in one side and we already have two ruckmen this year.

So it makes sense just to find a cheap option until Paddy retires and we know what's going on with Bing.

Right now we need other things more than we need another quality ruckman on our list.
My dream scenario is we decide to not go for a ruck at all this trade period and through circumstance we’re forced to play Max Heath early. We’re all freaking out and melting that injuries have screwed us again and that we have to play a first year 18 year old ruck. But Heath has an absolute blinder Sharman style. 30 hit outs 20 touches and 2 goals in his first match. Averaging 25 and 15 and a goal a game for the rest of the season.

My dream scenario is we decide to not go for a ruck at all this trade period and through circumstance we’re forced to play Max Heath early. We’re all freaking out and melting that injuries have screwed us again and that we have to play a first year 18 year old ruck. But Heath has an absolute blinder Sharman style. 30 hit outs 20 touches and 2 goals in his first match. Averaging 25 and 15 and a goal a game for the rest of the season.
Including an Aussie Jones replica goal in the 2022 Grand final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I almost blew my drink out of my nose hearing Jon Ralph tonight saying the Saints look like fools delisting Dunstan with his Brownlow haul.
Ralph just been added to the "NFI" list.
You just have to love the media pile on.

There was an article this morning on Fox Sports giving us a good old spray......just checked,it's no longer there.

Basically saying we have NFI.

There's also now another article by Ben Waterworth........nice dump there Luke.

Have a read and make your own mind up.

He did. Thats why he got selected.

Then became our second best midfielder for the 2nd half of the season and actually got us within striking distance of the finals. Along the way he picked up 11 Brownlow votes.

Yet still found himself on the outer at the end of the season. Looking suspiciously like the coach might struggle to admit he makes mistakes.

A bit like how the whole of the first part of the season played out.
LOL. Ok

Sad to see Dunstan go. Played with more heart than many of his team mates. Yes I'm looking at you Ross and co.

I'm in the keep Luke camp for depth.

But imo he has been treated worse than most players the last few years. I will admit got games early on in his career when we had absolutely no one.

But some of the games that Ross/Hill have produced over the last 2 years have been diabolical and not once have they been dropped.

Fair to say the coach didn't rate him and only played him this year based on averaging close to 40 and a goal in the VFL.

Was our 2nd best mid behind Steele for the second half of the season. Say what you want about him, but you can't deny that.

Sad to see Dunstan go. Played with more heart than many of his team mates. Yes I'm looking at you Ross and co.

I'm in the keep Luke camp for depth.

But imo he has been treated worse than most players the last few years. I will admit got games early on in his career when we had absolutely no one.

But some of the games that Ross/Hill have produced over the last 2 years have been diabolical and not once have they been dropped.

Fair to say the coach didn't rate him and only played him this year based on averaging close to 40 and a goal in the VFL.

Was our 2nd best mid behind Steele for the second half of the season. Say what you want about him, but you can't deny that.
Ross has at least been in the leadership group for half his career. Dunstan hasn’t. Id say that has something to do with it. Not rated by his peers or coaches.

Asked why he was so keen to get out of the Saints, Dunstan said: “If I was to have to go through another 12 months, I probably would’ve preferred to move on and start the next stage of my life, which I would’ve been happy to do. But I still want to keep playing footy.”

So he’d rather retire than have another year fighting for a spot in the team, playing Footy for a living, which some of us would dream to do.
Certainly not the attitude of a leader.

Luke needs to take a look at our runner up B&F this year Jack Sinclair. Ratts didn’t have in the team halfway through 2020 but worked on his game, fought his way back in and changed Ratts’ perspective of him.

Cornes has been talking to Caroline Wilson. She is convinced Ben is going to St Kilda.

kind of obvious where caro got her mail from... if you dig up the footy classified episode she first said it on. i mean she basically told everyone who she heard it from.

you won't get much higher or more informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back