Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy but could Clurey run with the big blokes as a tagger?
He is one of the best runners at the club. If by “big blokes” you mean Bontempelli, Oliver etc, it is an idea worth considering but we haven’t played a tagger since K.Cornes. DBJ was recruited as KC’s replacement but the role is used by a couple of clubs only these days and we ain’t one.

He is one of the best runners at the club. If by “big blokes” you mean Bontempelli, Oliver etc, it is an idea worth considering but we haven’t played a tagger since K.Cornes. DBJ was recruited as KC’s replacement but the role is used by a couple of clubs only these days and we ain’t one.
That just isnt true

He wasnt drafted as a tagger at all

I'm the biggest Todd Marshall guy on this board but I hear this every year about him lol

LACHIE Jones made an instant impact as a defender in his debut season with Port Adelaide but midfield coach Brett Montgomery is eyeing the powerfully built youngster as a potential midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly the players I had in mind m8👍

Hearing Monty talk about our midfield and realising that is now his baby makes me excited about 2022 for the first time.

He is the only coach I trust and having him in the most important position is a massive positive.

Hopefully he has the top job by 2023.

Hearing Monty talk about our midfield and realising that is now his baby makes me excited about 2022 for the first time.

He is the only coach I trust and having him in the most important position is a massive positive.

Hopefully he has the top job by 2023.
We need something to hang on to I agree.

I’m not sure if anyone has picked this up but when talking about MG, HH says that our game plan relies mostly on kicking the ball to a contest. That’s a terrible game plan. Kicking to a contest is the “bail out” position and not a game plan at all.
Methinks HH may provide some interesting dialogue and points out a few things that are common grievances on this board.

I’m not sure if anyone has picked this up but when talking about MG, HH says that our game plan relies mostly on kicking the ball to a contest. That’s a terrible game plan. Kicking to a contest is the “bail out” position and not a game plan at all.
El Scorcho has pointed out why we do this, dont get out marked and trust our smalls to win enough of the repeat entrys

I may be blind but has anyone seen Dan Houston in a single pre-season photo this pre-season? Don’t recall seeing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back