Autopsy I swear there was a patch of footy where we hit like 8 short kicks in a row in the third quarter - Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

In that first shot there are three Port blokes and two North players.

Three seconds later seven Port players and three North players.

In the first shot its Ziebell already being outrun by his man....

This situation should be made for Sleevo, Zurhaar and TT. They can all really accelerate toward goal in a straight line.
No one ahead of the footy because of the defensive press. We press up way, way too defensively and let them wall us in. It wasn't effort, our blokes were streaming forward but they aren't quick enough to make up 20-30m on blokes.

This is the start of that chain. All our blokes are loaded too defensively. 6-7 port blokes walling us in:

screen-20220514-165529_exported_104.jpg

The plan sucks mate.

Last edited:
Time For Noble to move on . I hope they’ve been talking to Clarkson . This is beyond a joke now ..
giphy.gif

Where are all the peanuts who argue that Noble doesn’t have it in for Powell?

63% gametime… the lowest by a mile in terms of mids and running players. Really giving him a chance to prove homself with players out.

fu** this fraud coach off.

Btw what are the odds Archer debuts next week? Has been embarassing all year in the 2ms… somehow makes the emergencies… think Noble will do anything to please Daddy Archer and leep his job.

Just fu** off from our club.
giphy.gif

In that first shot there are three Port blokes and two North players.

Three seconds later seven Port players and three North players.

In the first shot its Ziebell already being outrun by his man....

This situation should be made for Sleevo, Zurhaar and TT. They can all really accelerate toward goal in a straight line.
If they want to.

Funny you call Dr. yet relay what I have been saying for weeks and weeks and weeks about senior players being consistently poor yet unaccountable. Always the token player dropped.. always the young guy.

Thanks for agreeing with me. 👍

I defer to your extensive medical knowledge. It’s a conspiracy against Powell, rather than a skinny injury-hit 2nd year player being managed.

If the coach is so s**t then how can the senior players be so bad?? Surely a new coach would see them play better?? Can’t have it both ways Dr, which is it??

Well that was fun , I thought nifty Noble was all over it after quarter time.
It looked like the Poorts would have 44 scoring shots . But only had 30 . I like the size of some of our players arms they look like they’ve never visited a weight room . Makes the average dad at home think he could play AFL.
I doubt Cunners , McKay , JHF , Simpkin, Phillips if fit would have played as they’d be kept out by the likes of Atu, Mahoney, Walkers, Turner and Andersons.

And here we go. And the funny thing is the people liking it are all the Noble apologists. Unbelievable. He is absolutely fine and there is no ‘managing’ going on. It’s a coach who made a s**t call at the start of the season and is trying to justify it. We are halfway through the season and he can only play 67 percent game time.. while Anderson in his second week back plays more.

Nice excuses.

Thankfully most supporters apart from the same select few Noble apologists on here (who defend everything and nothing is his fault) aren’t that dumb.
How the * would you know

Well that was fun , I thought nifty Noble was all over it after quarter time.
It looked like the Poorts would have 44 scoring shots . But only had 30 . I like the size of some of our players arms they look like they’ve never visited a weight room . Makes the average dad at home think he could play AFL.
I doubt Cunners , McKay , JHF , Simpkin, Phillips if fit would have played as they’d be kept out by the likes of Atu, Mahoney, Walkers, Turner and Andersons.
Needs more clips of Taylor doing half rep bench dips while giggling

We ran over 90km more as a team (over 4km per player). No wonder we couldn't run out the game.
People will still pin it on the players' effort levels though. I've said it before that the way we play simply makes us work a lot harder than most other sides. While working hard is a virtue you should be trying to maximise result from that workrate. Game plans that make you work harder for the same result stink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the third continuous week: why the heck is Thomas playing in the ones?

Right now, he is as good for our side as a cement block.

He is my favourite player with all the talent in the world, but gee wiz he is still underdone and may gain fitness by round 22.

Last edited:
People will still pin it on the players' effort levels though. I've said it before that the way we play simply makes us work a lot harder than most other sides. While working hard is a virtue you should be trying to maximise result from that workrate. Game plans that make you work harder for the same result stink.
Maybe the game plan is an attempt to get an extra pre season's worth of work into players this year then and try and jump start fixing our fitness problems.

7 defenders today;

Corr
Walker
Young
Atu
Turner
Scott
Hayden

Only one player you could argue that would be best 22 in over half the teams in the league.

Blame noble all you want but when the quality of players we are walking out is so far below the mean tactics can only do so much.

Which one?

It's a bit sad when you can watch your team lose by 10 goals and see it as a substantial improvement
This is where we are. Is it a rebuild with something at the end of the rainbow, or are we desperately trying to glimpse the light of an on-coming train? Time will tell. In the mean time: * we are hard to watch. My hand hurts from smashing it into the coffee table and I’m already off the beers and onto the wines. Hearts to hearts 🥂

Maybe the game plan is an attempt to get an extra pre season's worth of work into players this year then and try and jump start fixing our fitness problems.
Yeah I highly doubt he is wilfully getting us flogged by 10+ goals every game, have the club fracture, rumours about losing the playing group, questions on his future and potentially scuttling players' confidence and careers on the advice as an S+C experiment mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back