Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you haven’t. You’ve made a statement but backed it up with nothing. They haven’t moved further right. Show me one policy that’s has and trace it back to when it changed
Re-read both of our posts.

Energy policy & the environment.

It really is that simple.

What was the main platform for the Teals...

What do you mean its irrelevant?

The Nationals, as the fossil fuel parry have, as a part of a coalition pulled Lib policy right, that is away from climate action and to an anti science pov.

The Greens in the senate will almost 100% likely pull Labor left. But at least in the short term that's dealing with climate change and ICAC
My point is nothings changed with the Libs policy on climate change, can you point to when it did please rather than make blanket statements

He wont care. Will be on a very nice salary on the backbench and he can do nothing for 3 years.
Most PMs resign from Parliament after losing an election. Abbott was a notable exception, and the electors of Warringah showed what they thought of him at the very next election.

I doubt Smoco will hang around. He's been fired from this job, just as he's been fired from every other job he's ever held. Time for him to go and fail at another position, somewhere in the corporate world, where he can no longer damage the country.

Example please and when did the policies change
Lol, I have lost count of the changing energy policies... & a lack of real direction. PM's have lost their jobs over it.

You are in major denial...

No you haven’t. You’ve made a statement but backed it up with nothing. They haven’t moved further right. Show me one policy that’s has and trace it back to when it changed
The Liberal move right is purely subjective., they've gone further right than me, but maybe they haven't gone as right as you?

I and other posters have provided you with ample explanations of why the Libs have moved right from our POV.

I guess we can flip it. Why do you think they've stayed moderate?

Most PMs resign from Parliament after losing an election. Abbott was a notable exception, and the electors of Warringah showed what they thought of him at the very next election.

I doubt Smoco will hang around. He's been fired from this job, just as he's been fired from every other job he's ever held. Time for him to go and fail at another position, somewhere in the corporate world, where he can no longer damage the country.
ScoMo said in his concession he will remain in parliament but stand down as leader.

He said he'd continue to serve his seat in his speech. I think he genuinely will stick around for the next 3 years at least. Unless offered a cushy board role.

The Liberal move right is purely subjective.

I and other posters have provided you with ample explanations of why the Libs have moved right.

I guess we can flip it. Why do you think they've stayed moderate?
I’m saying they haven’t changed their policies to move right, you and Kane haven’t provided examples. What you could have said was the Libs didn’t move their climate policy to what the electorate wanted but you didn’t.

ScoMo said in his concession he will remain in parliament but stand down as leader.
It's one thing to say that, while the blood is still rushing on election night. It's another to wake up in the morning, with the cold realisation that he's just been comprehensively fired from his position, by the will of the Australian population.

I expect he'll change his mind, in the cold light of day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is nothings changed with the Libs policy on climate change, can you point to when it did please rather than make blanket statements
That's exactly right, nothing's changed in their policy yet the science of climate change tells us we are heading for a disaster, the technology to deal with it is right in front of us.

But rather than invest in that future and that technology, because of the coalition with the Nationals the Libs have chosen to back Fossil fuels and coal.

That's exactly right, nothing's changed in their policy yet the science of climate change tells us we are heading for a disaster, the technology to deal with it is right in front of us.

But rather than invest in that future and that technology, because of the coalition with the Nationals the Libs have chosen to back Fossil fuels and coal.
So they haven’t moved right, they just didn’t change. But now Labor and the Greens have control we will move from impending disaster, the worlds been saved

Provide an example Kane rather than talking the same s**t you’ve done for the last month. It’s not that hard, you said they’ve moved right, when?
I have told you the exact policy.

I can't be more explicit.

Keep your head in the sand because you are a lost cause in denial.

Thinking I might rejoin this thread. Bet I know some people that will love that.

Should I re start my efforts to explain the correct version of how the economy works?

Exactly and they won 3 elections with it, the people have changed and they have also tired from the same government, it happens. Now Labor is in charge they’ll be judged. Hopefully they get to implement their policies
It was the refusal to budge to 2030 that cost them dearly. The LNP were dragged kicking and screaming just to come up with the original. It was never good enough.

When did we know the LNP's climate policy was too far to the right?

Could it have been when Smoco brought a lump of coal into parliament, carefully lacquered so he didn't get his hands dirty?

Was it the moment when the right wing of the party scuppered the NEG, which had bipartisan support, and would have actually given the Energy sector the certainty it needed to facilitate investment in badly needed infrastructure?

Or was it one of the million other moments, when these climate change denying fossil fuel loving dinosaurs paid lip service to net zero, while refusing to enact anything that might actually help the country get there?

I have told you the exact policy.

I can't be more explicit.

Keep your head in the sand because you are a lost cause in denial.
Hardly, you’ve now had fellow lefties acknowledge nothings change, that I can accept and that hurt them. You’ve just made more wishy washy Kane bullshit posts and then laugh. How has their climate policy gone further right in the last 3 terms? Considering it hasn’t you can’t answer, you just deflect, that’s your style.

Could it have been when Smoco brought a lump of coal into parliament, carefully lacquered so he didn't get his hands dirty?

Was it the moment when the right wing of the party scuppered the NEG, which had bipartisan support, and would have actually given the Energy sector the certainty it needed to facilitate investment in badly needed infrastructure?

Or was it one of the million other moments, when these climate change denying fossil fuel loving dinosaurs paid lip service to net zero, while refusing to enact anything that might actually help the country get there?

The reality is they know climate change exists. They are just paid by party donors not to. Thats the difference.

When did ScoMo bring the coal in? This term or before he won the last election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back