Toast Welcome to Freo - Sebit Kuek - Pick 15 2022 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the pick. I'm not as concerned about the weight as he's already shown he can do a lot without having to rely on heavy body work so far in his young career. He's not the contested oldschool gorilla marking forward type, but he doesn't have to be in today's game.

You give this kid 2 feet and next thing he's standing on your head. If he can work leading patterns with the forwards and up the flanks and generally get any sort of distance between himself and his opponent he'll be fine. I like the Eric Hipwood comparison.

Very interesting that he was in the WCE academy and they never took him. :think:
Talent for absolute miles.

I wonder how far he can kick in stride or with a decent run-up? Looked like about 60m on the fly from a single step... future Freo game hack could be Darcy tap centre bounce to Kuek in stride, kick goal from 75m

Anyway, enough about Kepler Bradley's leg and Big Macs. This thread's about our new #43.
we need to get Kepler down to further refine Sebit's side step in his own way

Watching the WAFL. Got a good prospect here! Was lively without doin much in the first quarter. Have turned on the tv for the last and he has literally gone missing.. is he injured?

Edit… just seen he rolled his ankle

I love the pick. I'm not as concerned about the weight as he's already shown he can do a lot without having to rely on heavy body work so far in his young career. He's not the contested oldschool gorilla marking forward type, but he doesn't have to be in today's game.

You give this kid 2 feet and next thing he's standing on your head. If he can work leading patterns with the forwards and up the flanks and generally get any sort of distance between himself and his opponent he'll be fine. I like the Eric Hipwood comparison.

Very interesting that he was in the WCE academy and they never took him. :think:
Talent for absolute miles.
His leap is truly amazing.Credit to the person taking this photo and not me.

I saw something a few weeks ago showing that Max King marks the ball at a height of close to 3.6m when at full leap and taking the ball at its highest point. I reckon Sebit is at least 3.2m in the photo above and he’s not even close to full stretch. He’s must be near on impossible to spoil. He’d probably get pushed off his line pretty easily at AFL level but with some time in the gym he could be a good AFL forward.

I saw something a few weeks ago showing that Max King marks the ball at a height of close to 3.6m when at full leap and taking the ball at its highest point. I reckon Sebit is at least 3.2m in the photo above and he’s not even close to full stretch. He’s must be near on impossible to spoil. He’d probably get pushed off his line pretty easily at AFL level but with some time in the gym he could be a good AFL forward.
Plus we take advantage of the Eagles curse occurring in 2022. The fact he was an Academy player with them would make it even better if he turns into a good player. Who knows how well he'll put on muscle. But if he can with that leap in 3 years he could be a ruck/forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus we take advantage of the Eagles curse occurring in 2022. The fact he was an Academy player with them would make it even better if he turns into a good player. Who knows how well he'll put on muscle. But if he can with that leap in 3 years he could be a ruck/forward.
He could be a meaner leaner better looking version of spider Burton.

Anyone know what this is all about? Is he not allowed to play against them because he knows all of their secret plays?

Anyone know what this is all about? Is he not allowed to play against them because he knows all of their secret plays?
I heard of the rule on the radio. For players picked in the MSD, their previous WAFL club can stop them playing against their prev team. Makes sense if you had set plays involving them

The Wafl teams have a right to be competitive. If it's not tough enough losing players mid-season, it's even tougher having Kuek playing for you one week and then against you two weeks later. Might suit AFL but hardly fair on the WAFL.
Fair enough.
Wafl does get shoved in the corner by the AFL

It’s tough at all levels below the AFL with every senior competition & older junior comps having a tier above that players (not all) aspire to get too.

As a club you have to try to find that balance between winning & success & developing your players for higher honours.

In this case, ideally we want Sebit to play to continue his development under Freo eyes, but as far as EP are concerned they’re in a position to push for success this season, which has been a slow build, so they want every advantage they can to win.

I guess they think they’ve done what they can in regards to developing Sebit to get him noticed & would feel this is a small payback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back