Collingwood and Richmond, who has the more feral supporter base?

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon. The most self rigteous, arrogant bunch of campaigners you'll ever see at a game. No wonder no one respects them or likes them.

Completey agree, Perfect description of Essendon supporters, but not really feral.

Completey agree, Perfect description of Essendon supporters, but not really feral.
A few years ago they put up a group of supporters next to the grog squad to deliberately cause problems. Same game they had people behind the cheer squad. Fair to say this thread is pot calling the kettle black.

So cause a group of idiots cheered Lenny Hayes doing his ACL, Richmond take the place of Collingwood?

A supporter base who jeered indigenous players weekly for decades at Vic Park and did it with pride?

I mean the most iconic moment of Nicky Winmar's career was raising his jumper, showing his skin and proudly embracing his heritage. The classiest sign of bravery I've seen in AFL - the supporter base was THAT feral Collingwood supporter base at Vic Park who did the same s**t to other indigenous players.

Let's not forget Lumumba, Davis and Kraks all distancing themselves from the club - Eddie calling Adam Goodes an ape.

But yes, it was THAT group of handful of Richmond supporters that takes the cake over a club has had to have a clean out done from the supporters to the president due to their historic racial abuse of indigenous Australians.

I mean the question from the OP is ridiculous, it's Collingwood and then daylight and it's nothing to be proud of and it's not endearing in the slightest.
This group of Richmond fans was huge- maybe 100. So I took it as fair representation.

But look I know it's a bit silly claiming any one supporter base is "most feral". I was just telling a story to add something interesting to this thread

Probably the topic for another thread but I don't think Eddie's misspoken words can be laid at the feet of 100,000 Collingwood fans either. And the "Do Better" report was important but I did wonder, whilst reading through it, how much better other clubs would fare if scrutinised to the same degree. Maybe only marginally in many cases, if at all.

Define feral?
apparently:

in a wild state, especially after escape from captivity or domestication

Richmond and Collingwood are probably both ruled out on the prior domestication front

Thats all you could find ? A yellow and black umbrella? Lol

Richmond wanted nothing to do with this guy. Joffa was literally promoted by Eddie as the face of the Collingwood cheer squad and supporter base.

A pedo lol - not as bad as Jared and Subway, but close

Are you serious? He was your club Vice Patron

Thats all you could find ? A yellow and black umbrella? Lol

Richmond wanted nothing to do with this guy. Joffa was literally promoted by Eddie as the face of the Collingwood cheer squad and supporter base.

A pedo lol - not as bad as Jared and Subway, but close
Really ?

‘The Tigers had stuck with Pell, who had held an honorary role as a Vice Patron of the club since 1997, throughout the historic trial stretching back almost two years.’

All clubs have feral fans.
The main one that comes to mind regarding Richmond is the guy who spat at out our coach back in 2003. For Collingwood it is Joffa.

Though before the Essendon supporter who started this thread gets too smug thinking Essendon are not part of the equation, when I think of Essendon fans I think of this:

Last edited:
gk-jVD3TBF9qfw4IRhdrbcbvAMLz-HdAdVaPJAN-1pw.jpg

The legend himself.

I can't believe this thread is still on the main board but a Moderator moved my serious thread showing footage of what was at worse a 50/50 decision on a 50 metre penalty at the end of the Collingwood Essendon game to BAY13. Still haven't had the suspected Collingwood supporter Mod come out own up to moving it.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is still on the main board but a Moderator moved my serious thread showing footage of what was at worse a 50/50 decision on a 50 metre penalty at the end of the Collingwood Essendon game to BAY13. Still haven't had the suspected Collingwood supporter Mod come out own up to moving it.
I think it's time you got over it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are more feral than both. Many cheese platters have been flipped over and smashed over the years from their supporters out of anger and disappointment.

Richmond by far. Only time I’ve ever felt unsafe at the football is at Richmond games.

Just wait till bombers, Carlton, port or pies win a flag. God forbid a b2b or better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back