List Mgmt. List Management: Which players will retire or be delisted/traded? Poll

Which players will retire or be delisted?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I

Im surprised you think Cotchin has been amazing TI. I’d say he’s been serviceable. He’s disposal and decision making has become average at times. I do get what he brings to the club just don’t think he’s having as much influence as some make out.
Cotchin has been winning a lot of dirty football and his disposal doesn’t look that great at times. There’s nobody in the side that can do his hard contested work. Ross is showing glimpses, but he’s no Cotchin.

Cotchin has been winning a lot of dirty football and his disposal doesn’t look that great at times. There’s nobody in the side that can do his hard contested work. Ross is showing glimpses, but he’s no Cotchin.

Which is all fine and good and understandable :thumbsu:
Greats of the game and club are not that easily replaced (as much as some think it just happens overnight).
We didn't just pass the baton from KB to another Bartlett (even if Bomber James flirted with us in '85 with 49 goals); the loss of Weightman left a huge leadership void and it took God knows how long before we had an even adequate ruck after the General moved on.
Fans need to be realistic in their expectations when it comes to replacing greats.

Isn’t Castagna contracted for another year? Doubt he goes anywhere… but could be depth for next year

Hopefully he realises he’s got no place in the team anymore & his best chances of being in a teams starting 22 each week is at another club and seeks a trade

Time at tiger land is up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I asked a few weeks back on the RCD thread where he was at and what he offered for those who watched more VFL than I did.
Got accused of not being a true fan for merely asking the question and lo and behold one poster who agreed with the over reaction and said I was ‘eating my own’ is here suggesting RCD should be delisted 😂
FMD

With Edwards retiring today there is now 4 definate retirees Edwards, Lambert, Caddy and Parker.
I think thats enough this year

Next year we will most likely say goodbye to Cotchin,Tarrant & Riewoldt and in 2024 Pickett , Grimes and possibly Prestia depending on injuries

I think thats enough this year

Next year we will most likely say goodbye to Cotchin,Tarrant & Riewoldt and in 2024 Pickett , Grimes and possibly Prestia depending on injuries
Yes I think Cotchin and Riewoldt will play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist: Martyn, Aarts
Retire: Edwards, Lambert, Parker
Trade: RCD

Players I want to keep but may go, Stack, Mansell and Nyuon.
Trade RCD, what for? A packet of twisties? The guy is useless. No team would want him.

He has been great the last month. Has really wound the clock back, doing the hard in and unders, and leading by example. The rest of the boys have jumped on board, and are rising to the challenge. Like the tiger of old. It's like our old leader is back. Two months ago and I would have accepted his retirement, but on current form he has to go around again. Should still be captain.

Caddy, Lambert and Parker have already retired.
Edit : Shane Edwards retired today 16/08/22

That’s enough. Gives us our spots for the draft. Edwards going means we’d want Cotchin to go around again. Jack we still need with mo obvious replacement on the horizon.

If we can get Taranto then I think we cut a few that have t kicked in like Martyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s enough. Gives us our spots for the draft. Edwards going means we’d want Cotchin to go around again. Jack we still need with mo obvious replacement on the horizon.

If we can get Taranto then I think we cut a few that have t kicked in like Martyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't Caddy's draft spot already taken?

His senior list spot was replaced with Bauer who's on the rookie list, but we need to promote Pickett & Stack to keep them so we will still lose senior spots from that

Can rookie Cotch and JR as rookie vets to get them back. I think we can save 80K salary cap on each so outside salary cap. Not sure how it works. Assume, no risk other clubs pinching them, go straight from main to rookie and no restrictions on their salary so not like they get screwed over on salary

Last edited:
Back